Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What conspiracy theory do believe may be true?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
A guy at work is convinced the moon isn't a big lump of rock, but a huge metal sphere covered in rock. And is hollow. And was made by either aliens or - even more crazier - man.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm sure some CT's have an element of truth to them just as I'm as I can be that governments get up to all sorts of behaviour that isn't in the interest of citizens. However one fact is certain you are never going to get to the bottom of it. The only people that stand half a chance of uncovering and exposing wrongdoing would be someone in government working with an influential journalist and I doubt they would risk it after the most recent whistleblowing fiasco's. Even then I doubt many members of the general public even know any details of what they were trying to expose. A few thousand people doing research on the internet and getting themselves wound up will do no good whatsoever. With this in mind, there is no point driving yourself nuts wallowing in it all.

Most theorists get so confused with all the contradicting theories out there that they end up making no sense whatsoever as has been evidenced on here many times over. Nearly all of them have got so wound up on these threads I can imagine them sitting behind their computers, arms in the air screaming "You're all blind!!!!!!". Surely not a very productive way to exist.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ruby Ridge was a massive cover-up by the FBI - I'm certain of that as are most people who read the various reports. And much more significantly I also think that the Oklahoma bombing was known about all the way through the planning and event itself and allowed to happen to rescue public opinion, and the budgets, for the FBI and ATF after the the murder of all those men, women and children at Waco.

I do NOT believe 9/11 was a conspiracy but:
4th plane on 9/11 I believe was shot down,
But there is another thing that is confusing about 9/11, if you ever get to speak with a pilot ask him/her if they could have hit the Pentagon with an airliner in exactly the right place having no real training other than a simulator. I have and they all say no, that's not to say it didn't happen but it must have been astonishingly lucky.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Well, I think it is unexplained and very tough to justify. When it was reported to have fallen it stood in the background and then a short time after it randomly collapsed. The fires weren't "uncontrollable", that has been disproved many times over. Yes, some theorists only show three sides to support their beliefs. But even the one side which was burning wasn't enough to make it collapse. I simply don't buy it.

I've done a lot of reading too, and that isn't consistent with what I have read. The building wasn't designed by morons and wasn't structurally questionable. It shouldn't have fallen in the way it did and nobody has reasonably explained why it did. But again, we'll never fully know the truth.

It has also been proved many time over your completely wrong about all of this. However:

Ok lets assume your right. So what? What does no uncontrollable fires mean? So what if the building didn't fall the way it was meant to? So what?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Although all of the families showed crocodile tears and a lack of real feeling in their interviews after. Obviously this one stands out from the rest.

I prefer the scenario where no child was killed, and it was staged to introduce new gun laws.

My cousin married an American and emigrated 20 years ago. She lives in Newtown and personally knows a lot of the families involved, her daughter, my second cousin, only left that school the previous summer.

The effect that tragedy has had on that town is indescribable. Anyone who believes that it was staged or done on purpose is very very wrong. And to suggest crocodile tears from families is none other than shocking.

Dec 29, 2011
Most people have jobs or college to attend, posting in the morning is fine :) at 2AM it shows people are quite addicted to this place lol.

What time of day you post doesn't matter, what if your sleep pattern was 1PM - 10PM? Then 2AM would be morning, or is that still disturbing for you?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone here believe that one about there being no one in the WTC Towers when they went down?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I've been reading about 'conspiracy theories' over the past month (from objective balanced scholarly sources) and there are several things that are so demonstrably true from multiple perspectives that they can't possibly be considered 'theories'.

I'd happily tag the word FACT onto any of the following:

Lee Harvey Osward could not have fired the shot that killed John F Kennedy.
The US and UK governments knew that Iraq had no WMD when using a claim they had to justify an invasion.
Libya (as a whole, as well as those indicted) had nothing to do with Lockerbie.
The CIA has been involved in (amongst other things) drug running, funding terrorists and testing the mind control effects of LSD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here