Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What conspiracy theory do believe may be true?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I believe that there could be an anonymous rich elite that profoundly influences world politics with money to maintain or increase their wealth - at the detriment to the rest of the world.

And all you have to do is win the lottery, or write the next 50 Shades of Grey to join them.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I believe that Scott Dobbie and Ryan Harley are football double agents who were sent by Palace to curtail our last two play-off pushes. I mean who could claim to be a professional footballer and be that $hit.

This of course will be the only plausible and logical statement on this thread.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
A steel skyscraper falling down for no reason isn't strange at all? Only 3 steel framed skyscrapers have fallen down in history, all of them on September 11th 2001. The third of them was not hit by a plane and did not have any significant fires. It was also reported to have collapsed before it actually did and it's owner, Larry Silverstein, admitted to using the phrase "pull it" during a conversation with firefighters. Building 7 stinks.

I read about the twin towers that their construction was the first of it's kind in the 1970's. Previously on skyscrapers like the Empire State Building the build a framework of steel then put all the floors and walls in so the load is spread all around the framework. With the twin towers they were more like a single spine with all the floors hanging off it, all the structural integrity of the building is in the spine and once the floors started to go, it was like a house of cards.
The expert who was talking about it said that he thought that if a jet flew into the Empire State Building, it would be very unlikely to collapse.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
A steel skyscraper falling down for no reason isn't strange at all? Only 3 steel framed skyscrapers have fallen down in history, all of them on September 11th 2001. The third of them was not hit by a plane and did not have any significant fires. It was also reported to have collapsed before it actually did and it's owner, Larry Silverstein, admitted to using the phrase "pull it" during a conversation with firefighters. Building 7 stinks.

I read about the twin towers that their construction was the first of it's kind in the 1970's. Previously on skyscrapers like the Empire State Building the build a framework of steel then put all the floors and walls in so the load is spread all around the framework. With the twin towers they were more like a single spine with all the floors hanging off it, all the structural integrity of the building is in the spine and once the floors started to go, it was like a house of cards.
The expert who was talking about it said that he thought that if a jet flew into the Empire State Building, it would be very unlikely to collapse.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I do believe some Governments have more compelling evidence to suggest we are not alone in the cosmos and that there are other forms of life that potentially exist beyond our solar system. Very easy not to disclose anything UFO related. And easy to see why they would keep it that way.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I believe I'm the only live person on this planet. Everyone else is a cyborg sent to annoy me.

D

Deleted User X18H

I dealt with a large US Insurance company's X/L protection of Silverstein after the US government ruled ' two separate events' in 2006. It made very interesting reading.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Not sure how relevant it is but Washington DC has a street plan which is a massive pentagram with the white house and the Washington monument involved.

Google earth the ****er...it's spooky.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I have to say i have always believed Lee Harvey Oswald was not acting alone,i do not believe in the theory it was the CIA,Military,Mafia,Cubans or whoever

i feel the Cuban angle makes the most sence, pissed off an awful lot of people who had the means and abilities.

A steel skyscraper falling down for no reason isn't strange at all?

its tedious old ground, but there is a reason that you willfully ignore - the collision of a large airplane. you reject that this reason is possible because some chaps on the internet say so, which is fair enough to a point. and that point is, whats the alternative? there zero evidence of controled demolition, save for a single plume from a window and a couple of booms, both of which can be accounted for by gas/flammible materials going off. wheres the hundred of rapid retorts that occur in real CT? as for building 7, it falls exactly how conspiracist say it should not if its CT, it collapses when the bottom middle gives way and the rest comes down. firefighters on the ground say fires were uncontrolable, but this testament is ignored in favor of video from the far side of the fires "proving" there's no fire.

long and short is both buildings had structual failings, and the real conspiracy is that this isnt highlighted enough so that we question what other buildings have similar flaws. the answer is probably most of them designed up to 2001. i'd say the conspiracy is the global guild of architects has perpetuated the mythology to avoid awkward questions. (oh and the "only 3 steel framed skyscrapers have fallen" is an out right lie, others have collapsed following fire)

Last edited:

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
i'd say the conspiracy is the global guild of architects has perpetuated the mythology to avoid awkward questions. (oh and the "only 3 steel framed skyscrapers have fallen" is an out right lie, others have collapsed following fire)
:lol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I believe Guido fawkes and his companions had the intention of blowing up the Houses of parliament and everyone in it.

Other than that, I tend to dismiss conspiracy theories.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I kind of believe FIFA will do anything to stop England winning a major tournament far to many dodgy referee decisions over the years.
They make our players shit too

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
9/11 always gets me, it's all too.... convenient. But then you think, crashing two planes into the WTC would have been enough to declare 'war on terrorism', so why go to the trouble of a third plane into the pentagon, and even possibly a fourth plane.

There is more to the story than we know about. I question whether there was a plane involved in the Pentagon and the fourth, but we'll never really know what happened because they simply won't show it.

None of that makes it a conspiracy though does it...the boss said pull it...there is an error on when it fell...and?

Oh and the fires burnt out of control for most of the day in 7.

Well, I think it is unexplained and very tough to justify. When it was reported to have fallen it stood in the background and then a short time after it randomly collapsed. The fires weren't "uncontrollable", that has been disproved many times over. Yes, some theorists only show three sides to support their beliefs. But even the one side which was burning wasn't enough to make it collapse. I simply don't buy it.

I've done a lot of reading too, and that isn't consistent with what I have read. The building wasn't designed by morons and wasn't structurally questionable. It shouldn't have fallen in the way it did and nobody has reasonably explained why it did. But again, we'll never fully know the truth.

I dealt with a large US Insurance company's X/L protection of Silverstein after the US government ruled ' two separate events' in 2006. It made very interesting reading.

I should think it did. Was it a year, or just over, after Silverstein had changed the policy to cover them separately for terrorist attacks? Coincidance, bad timing, or alarming foresight?...

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
There have been extreme cases of cognitive dissonance on this forum when such subjects are debated, hence no point entering this thread.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This may have convinced many people: http://youtu.be/YsRm8M-qOjQ?t=12m49s
That video is interesting.

its tedious old ground, but there is a reason that you willfully ignore - the collision of a large airplane. you reject that this reason is possible because some chaps on the internet say so, which is fair enough to a point. and that point is, whats the alternative?
He's talking about the third building that collapsed, which wasn't hit by a aeroplane.

There have been extreme cases of cognitive dissonance on this forum when such subjects are debated, hence no point entering this thread.
Phew, that was close.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here