Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are you doing tonight?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Going to a friend's apartment to drink, play tunes, and at midnight climb up onto the 6th storey roof-top to watch the midnight fireworks.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Working :rave:

Last NYE was mostly spent standing around in a particularly depressing part of Crawley, trying to prevent a massively out of control house party from becoming any more destructive. It was quite the delightful moment for me & the work-husband as the fireworks went off at midnight & hundreds of gobby teenagers (many from south London, it seemed) threw bottles at us and screamed at the world to **** off.

I can only hope this year is equally romantic for the pair of us :thumbsup:

HNY to all of you, & stay safe :)

Living the dream hey?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Living the dream hey?

Ha, I can't say I'm massively bothered about NYE either way, so if I'm working, it doesn't really bother me. Doubt I'd be going out on the lash even if I was off. Just another day in the office (maybe a bit busier, which makes it go quicker, so that's fine with me :thumbsup:).

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Last NYE was mostly spent standing around in a particularly depressing part of Crawley, trying to prevent a massively out of control house party from becoming any more destructive. It was quite the delightful moment for me & the work-husband as the fireworks went off at midnight & hundreds of gobby teenagers (many from south London, it seemed) threw bottles at us and screamed at the world to **** off.

And to you! Hope tonight goes without any major dramas for you lot.

Am sat a tad bored in Santiago de Compostella airport at the minute. I predict being home for roughly 7.30, after which I'll turn the heating on, order a beancurd meal, and then lurk on NSC rather silently, hopeful that the mild loneliness won't have me say too much and be endlessly hungry for attention. I'm quite looking forward to it. Well, tomorrow, really, with a nice cycle and to catch up with a film or two and the Albion on the box.

You didn't complete the pilgrimage did you? :ohmy:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
going to be bussin a few skanks at someones yard.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
You didn't complete the pilgrimage did you? :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Only to at times stew wordlessly as the girlfriend's family in Ourense lightly bicker at a thousand words a minute during our Crimbo visit. Did pop into the cathedral in Santiago, looking at this 25ft model recreation of Bethlehem, but the queue for hugging and pecking a lifeless monument was too long - the girlfriend gets that at home anyway.
Now, to my delight, I have around 48 unNickNolted hours to myself, once home.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And to you! Hope tonight goes without any major dramas for you lot.

Cheers. Like I said, I don't mind being busy. The only thing I really go to work hoping not to have to do is the dreaded 2am door knock, if you catch my drift. Fingers crossed everybody stays safe & happy, eh? :)

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Going to a restaurant with visitors from the UK, then head out to watch the fireworks. Managed to persuade them against going to the big knees up in Times Square – really overrated, no booze, no toilets and need to get there by about 4pm for a decent view. Will need to be up by 10am on New Year’s Day to watch the Wolves game.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Cheers. Like I said, I don't mind being busy. The only thing I really go to work hoping not to have to do is the dreaded 2am door knock, if you catch my drift. Fingers crossed everybody stays safe & happy, eh? :)
Happy New Year to you and all your colleagues with thanks for keeping us safe. Hopefully no 02.00am home visits tonight either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Mrs Oldman and I will be at home this evening, knackered after having had the family over Christmas. Our 3 grandkids in the 2 to 6 age range are lovely but very lively and loud. It's now lovely and peaceful and I get to sleep in my own bed after nights on a very thin mattress on the floor. I may well not make Midnight so just in case, a very Happy and healthy 2016 to all on NSC. May all our dreams come true

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Dunno how you do it EK - hats off to you :)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Getting laid hopefully[emoji6] [emoji106]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here