[Albion] What Amex Improvements Would YOU Like To See Over The Summer?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don’t the club have permission to take capacity to 32,500, which included a shelf along the NS with converting offices to create hospitality. Barber denied it at a fans forum but if they have the permission for an extra 7/800 from current capacity I bet they wish they’d done it for this season.

That’s exactly it, the NS shelf, taking capacity to 32,500.

I think the club postponed the plan (in summer 2021?), when still hit by the pandemic effect.

Up until the recent player sales, TB was pumping in £10m’s per season, so he would have footed the multi £m bill for the shelf and lounge.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The improvements that are actually happening over the summer are a new permanent external fanzone with toilets, shelter, big screens and more outlets for food and drink. And i think some kid friendly stuff too.
They have also started on cleaning the roof.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
There are a couple of applications on the councils website with a visual updating of the stadium and new signs.

Only just been submitted though so doubt will be ready for next year. Maybe they'll do it part way through the season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That’s exactly it, the NS shelf, taking capacity to 32,500.

I think the club postponed the plan (in summer 2021?), when still hit by the pandemic effect.

Up until the recent player sales, TB was pumping in £10m’s per season, so he would have footed the multi £m bill for the shelf and lounge.
This shelf , was shelved, permanently i think leaving capacity at 31,700 (mostly thanks to moving the seats closer together and fitting in more)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
There are a couple of applications on the councils website with a visual updating of the stadium and new signs.

Only just been submitted though so doubt will be ready for next year. Maybe they'll do it part way through the season.
Link?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Some of these banners?

1685004107306.png

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The improvements that are actually happening over the summer are a new permanent external fanzone with toilets, shelter, big screens and more outlets for food and drink. And i think some kid friendly stuff too.
They have also started on cleaning the roof.

Meanwhile, Steve Parish has just made a bulk purchase of

D39D4216-969B-40DF-83EC-33758C7817C6.png

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yup, build a proper steep North Stand, going up into the rafters instead of whatever offices they have back there
On a structural practicability front, you could probably get another 9-10 rows of seats in there. Not sure that the financial return from the extra 1000 or so seats would justify the cost though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports