[Albion] What Amex Improvements Would YOU Like To See Over The Summer?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
But the expectation of achieving a piss, a beer and a further piss in 15 minutes when surrounded by thousands of others is fanciful at best.

You just can't expect any club to satisfy your needs in that time frame unless you are in corporate areas.

That is and will always be the reality of the situation. The solution is to either restrict your drinking to either end of the game or leave your seat early and return late at half time. The choice is yours.

Many, like me, prefer to watch the game and can hold back on the "need" for a beer in the interval.

The restrictions of not being able to consume your beer at your seat is the issue and one the club can do nothing about. I've been involved in designing beer dispense at Brentford and Man City recently as well as at a number of other sporting venues. It is a complex issue not simply the speed of the part time server at the till. One solution which we adopted at Commonwealth games was to have mobile bottled beer sellers though this caused issues with cashless purchases as there was constant connectivity issues for the card readers.

Your original assertion that the club are missing out on revenue is flawed as the extra personnel required for such a short period is a logistical and costly headache. We monitor the sales of the busy periods at the stadiums I mention above and in all honesty even with extra provision the added profit is minimal. When we compared the Brentford stadiums use with rugby (London Irish) against the football we found proportionately given the attendance variation more beer was sold at the football events over the rugby, which is surprising given there's no restriction on drinking within the seating areas. The flow rates of the beer were consistent against the peak times at football events. When designing dispense systems you have to build in huge capacity for the peak times. Conversely this results in loads of partially used kegs and barrels dotted around the stadium. Once broached kegs will only last 7 days and barrels 3. Obviously barrels can't moved either.
It would be helped by serving the drinks at the actual half time so you get 15 mins rather than 15 minus whatever the extra time minutes were

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Been done to death, but wish the club would find the money to move away fans to the corner. Literally giving away teams an advantage right now. In a game of small percentages…
And near the north stand so they don’t spend the game asking why the family stand is so quiet and making wanker signs at small children

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
But the expectation of achieving a piss, a beer and a further piss in 15 minutes when surrounded by thousands of others is fanciful at best.

You just can't expect any club to satisfy your needs in that time frame unless you are in corporate areas.

That is and will always be the reality of the situation. The solution is to either restrict your drinking to either end of the game or leave your seat early and return late at half time. The choice is yours.

Many, like me, prefer to watch the game and can hold back on the "need" for a beer in the interval.

The restrictions of not being able to consume your beer at your seat is the issue and one the club can do nothing about. I've been involved in designing beer dispense at Brentford and Man City recently as well as at a number of other sporting venues. It is a complex issue not simply the speed of the part time server at the till. One solution which we adopted at Commonwealth games was to have mobile bottled beer sellers though this caused issues with cashless purchases as there was constant connectivity issues for the card readers.

Your original assertion that the club are missing out on revenue is flawed as the extra personnel required for such a short period is a logistical and costly headache. We monitor the sales of the busy periods at the stadiums I mention above and in all honesty even with extra provision the added profit is minimal. When we compared the Brentford stadiums use with rugby (London Irish) against the football we found proportionately given the attendance variation more beer was sold at the football events over the rugby, which is surprising given there's no restriction on drinking within the seating areas. The flow rates of the beer were consistent against the peak times at football events. When designing dispense systems you have to build in huge capacity for the peak times. Conversely this results in loads of partially used kegs and barrels dotted around the stadium. Once broached kegs will only last 7 days and barrels 3. Obviously barrels can't moved either.
Also what about a bank of self serving machines, feet like 50 of them and surely they would pay for themselves after a while

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Also what about a bank of self serving machines, feet like 50 of them and surely they would pay for themselves after a while
Impossible

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Simple change -

Half, if not more of the queues are beer only - staff are trained to just pour pints. Surely the data suggests how much beer is sold at half time for any given kiosk at any given kick off time. So pre pour 75% of that and job done, I'm so sure people won't care if it isn't ice cold. And just a little bit cold. The data will also suggest how many people at half time have beer only orders, so use that to understand the demand and ratio.

It's really not difficult.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Simple change -

Half, if not more of the queues are beer only - staff are trained to just pour pints. Surely the data suggests how much beer is sold at half time for any given kiosk at any given kick off time. So pre pour 75% of that and job done, I'm so sure people won't care if it isn't ice cold. And just a little bit cold. The data will also suggest how many people at half time have beer only orders, so use that to understand the demand and ratio.

Where do you propose they put a few hundred prepoured pints?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Simple change -

Firstly there are staff pre-pouring.

Secondly the busiest times for most kiosks is 30 minutes before kick off. More customers for a variety of items during this period. Having beer only kiosks causes massive confusion. This was obvious when the club tried card only kiosks a few years ago and the decision to go cashless.

Thirdly there's a sweet spot that caterers/breweries look for costs v profits. We might not like it but there's a huge cost implication when trying to satisfy demand in such a small time frame. If the kiosks were able to supply a further 2000 pints (I doubt more would be required, knowing data I've seen) during the halftime period the gross profit of approx. £4500, the cost could easily swallow this up. Remember the club doesn't run the caterering.

Having mobile sellers, selling bottled beer (caps removed) could work if they have a dedicated internet connection to negate card issues.

Self serving beer units are ok but need to be observed by staff to ensure there's no underage drinking etc. Also there's not the room in many concourses and then there's the extra cellars etc required. Logistically almost impossible in most areas.

Mobile bar set ups are problematic as they suffer from ice bank depletion in the coolers during very busy periods rendering them useless. This is a huge issue especially in the oven like WSU concourse.

I haven't been to any top venue that can satisfy the need in such a small time frame. Yes improvements could be made to the current set up but, anyone witnessing the queue in the corridor at the iconic super stadium that is Villa Park, will understand our stadium is far better.

Carbonara

May 24, 2023
There was a series on Sky where they moved complete houses etc to somewhere else.It's like they put something underneath with wheels and transported it.Amazing.Well I would like to see them use the same method to move the Amex right next to Hove station.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
There was a series on Sky where they moved complete houses etc to somewhere else.It's like they put something underneath with wheels and transported it.Amazing.Well I would like to see them use the same method to move the Amex right next to Hove station.
I think you’re referring to an episode of The Simpsons

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Boringly I'd like a healthy food option in WSU. Doesn't have to complex, just not something beige.
The vegetable tagine is actually pretty damn nice. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get it for about 5 games now.

Also the vegi pies have been running out before the game which is a pain.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Simple change -

Where are they going to store the 18,000 pints in readiness?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports