Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What Amex Improvements Would YOU Like To See Over The Summer?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Upper tiers on North and South stands.

They look a bit bare and underused in comparison with the East and West.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
WSU the milk and stirrers used to be at the back of the concourse along with everything else. Maybe still are. Fighting the way to them was/is an absolute ballache compared to being given milk with the drink. I agree though people shouldn’t then be sorting out the stirring etc at the front of the queue. That’s a bit brainless.
They still are at the back of the concourse in WSU - usually works well - except twice at least the milk sachets have run out and they are never replenished(third world problem I know)

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I struggle to see the necessity to have beer in such a short time.

Your expectation of serving a huge amount of desperate alcoholics in such a short time has the same ring to it of those that expect to leave the biggest event in the South East unimpeded and at speed.
Wanting to have a piss and a pint doesn’t make me an alcoholic!

Jul 7, 2003
My missus emailed the company after the Southampton game to see where they were and was told they couldn't discuss it and to email PB (which we haven't!)
PBOBE has now banned them as it was found that people were moulding foam bananas into makeshift bottle tops.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wanting to have a piss and a pint doesn’t make me an alcoholic!
But the expectation of achieving a piss, a beer and a further piss in 15 minutes when surrounded by thousands of others is fanciful at best.

You just can't expect any club to satisfy your needs in that time frame unless you are in corporate areas.

That is and will always be the reality of the situation. The solution is to either restrict your drinking to either end of the game or leave your seat early and return late at half time. The choice is yours.

Many, like me, prefer to watch the game and can hold back on the "need" for a beer in the interval.

The restrictions of not being able to consume your beer at your seat is the issue and one the club can do nothing about. I've been involved in designing beer dispense at Brentford and Man City recently as well as at a number of other sporting venues. It is a complex issue not simply the speed of the part time server at the till. One solution which we adopted at Commonwealth games was to have mobile bottled beer sellers though this caused issues with cashless purchases as there was constant connectivity issues for the card readers.

Your original assertion that the club are missing out on revenue is flawed as the extra personnel required for such a short period is a logistical and costly headache. We monitor the sales of the busy periods at the stadiums I mention above and in all honesty even with extra provision the added profit is minimal. When we compared the Brentford stadiums use with rugby (London Irish) against the football we found proportionately given the attendance variation more beer was sold at the football events over the rugby, which is surprising given there's no restriction on drinking within the seating areas. The flow rates of the beer were consistent against the peak times at football events. When designing dispense systems you have to build in huge capacity for the peak times. Conversely this results in loads of partially used kegs and barrels dotted around the stadium. Once broached kegs will only last 7 days and barrels 3. Obviously barrels can't moved either.

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
. One solution which we adopted at Commonwealth games was to have mobile bottled beer sellers though this caused issues with cashless purchases as there was constant connectivity issues for the card readers.
But what about the bottle tops?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
But the expectation of achieving a piss, a beer and a further piss in 15 minutes when surrounded by thousands of others is fanciful at best.

You just can't expect any club to satisfy your needs in that time frame unless you are in corporate areas.

That is and will always be the reality of the situation. The solution is to either restrict your drinking to either end of the game or leave your seat early and return late at half time. The choice is yours.

Many, like me, prefer to watch the game and can hold back on the "need" for a beer in the interval.

The restrictions of not being able to consume your beer at your seat is the issue and one the club can do nothing about. I've been involved in designing beer dispense at Brentford and Man City recently as well as at a number of other sporting venues. It is a complex issue not simply the speed of the part time server at the till. One solution which we adopted at Commonwealth games was to have mobile bottled beer sellers though this caused issues with cashless purchases as there was constant connectivity issues for the card readers.

Your original assertion that the club are missing out on revenue is flawed as the extra personnel required for such a short period is a logistical and costly headache. We monitor the sales of the busy periods at the stadiums I mention above and in all honesty even with extra provision the added profit is minimal. When we compared the Brentford stadiums use with rugby (London Irish) against the football we found proportionately given the attendance variation more beer was sold at the football events over the rugby, which is surprising given there's no restriction on drinking within the seating areas. The flow rates of the beer were consistent against the peak times at football events. When designing dispense systems you have to build in huge capacity for the peak times. Conversely this results in loads of partially used kegs and barrels dotted around the stadium. Once broached kegs will only last 7 days and barrels 3. Obviously barrels can't moved either.
Well, quite.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Subtitles on the TV's on the Concourse as the volume is too low to hear when it is busy.
More milk sachets available as they often run out
Sausage Rolls and chips made available in the ESU Kiosks
Separate queues for Hot Drinks/soft drinks and beer/wine etc

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Been done to death, but wish the club would find the money to move away fans to the corner. Literally giving away teams an advantage right now. In a game of small percentages…

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Ah he didn't say we get decent beer in WSL, just that we get brilliant beer pumps.

Not sure the quality of the beer is any better than you get upstairs. Just a question of taste l suppose.
You might get a better selection. The North Stand do. I think we have Heineken, Heineken zero, Harveys and Guinness that tastes like it's been strained through a rusty colander.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here