Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what a lovley country we live in

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
There is no argument really... Bars can refuse who they want. If a bar feels that barring uniformed members means their bar stays intact, then its within their right.... Are there service people here who can honestly say its never happened to them in the past? Would be a touch disingenuous.

The FAMILY have accepted the apology for this MISUNDERSTANDING....

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
There are plenty of bars, now, and in the past that have refused entry to the military in uniform. It avoids fights that can sometimes occur between the military, and civilians..and fights between rival units and services. Its been like that forever.

No it hasnt, its only recently that service personnel have started travelling home etc in uniform , as i've stated before soldiers tend not to go out for a night on the piss in uniform, you'd know that if you lived here .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Who is advocating this ?? and for your guide i cant stand the anti anything british crowd, in fact , pricks like you.

Wow.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
There is no argument really... Bars can refuse who they want. If a bar feels that barring uniformed members means their bar stays intact, then its within their right.... Are there service people here who can honestly say its never happened to them in the past? Would be a touch disingenuous.

Yes, I have never been refused service anywhere because i was in uniform.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Exactly. Can't see why there is even a debate.

In fact going further than this uniform ban - there were quite a few pubs in Winchester 15-20 years ago where squaddies were banned completely - uniform OR civvies.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Bushy...youre talking bullshit...it was like that in Portsmouth in the 70s ffs...

Youre right, most dont go out in uniform, it was positively discouraged due to the IRA, but what is the history of this bar? Do you know? Has there been trouble there in the past with military in uniform? Do you know?...

The FAMILY have accepted it was a MISUNDERSTANDING....but, im sure you will be indignant on their behalf for them.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
oh and just for infomation there are no regular army bases in covetry city there is however a small ta unit

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Bushy...youre talking bullshit...it was like that in Portsmouth in the 70s ffs...

Bloody Skate bashers !! when in basic training we had to travel home in no.2's and as soon as we joined a ship we could go out/home in civvies. constant battling in Pompey and Chatham but not so bad in Guzz.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Youre right, most dont go out in uniform, it was positively discouraged due to the IRA, but what is the history of this bar? Do you know? Has there been trouble there in the past with military in uniform? Do you know?...The FAMILY have accepted it was a MISUNDERSTANDING....but, im sure you will be indignant on their behalf for them.
its in coventry you prick, there are no bases there, and the FAMILY who weren't banned have accepted an apology, probably the last thing they want to be bothered with now, but the squaddies who were banned , most of whom werent family, havent accepted anything, and stop with this "misunderstanding" crap , the issue i and others are complaining about is the fact that uniformed soldiers were banned in the first place, funeral or no funeral.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Never had a problem in Guzz either...Portsmouth was different though... was a few places that were pretty anti..
The only major incident I was involved in Guzz was an attack on 'Rooftops' club in Plymouth after one of our people was badly beaten in there, in uniform, by
local skins... we were dragged out of our beds, told to dress in fatigues, webbing belts and boots, and were transported by Navy vehicles to the venue, and destroyed the place...Portsmouth seemed to have plenty of places that were anti uniform, and there are often problems between the military and civiians in some of the garrison/navy towns. To deny it is a little bit silly. Added to that, we are involved in a war that a large portion of the country has trouble with, and will make statements as such to soldiers if identified....which, as we can see from the board today, a reaction is always going to be there, and usually aggressive...

And yes, there are no bases there, but there are bases in nearby towns....

Sorry Bushy, I realise that you want to be beatified by the British public for being in uniform, but a lot of the country wont agree with you.

Last edited:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
its in coventry you prick, there are no bases there, and the FAMILY who weren't banned have accepted an apology, probably the last thing they want to be bothered with now, but the squaddies who were banned , most of whom werent family, havent accepted anything, and stop with this "misunderstanding" crap , the issue i and others are complaining about is the fact that uniformed soldiers were banned in the first place, funeral or no funeral.

Can i point out the MOD policy is for Uniform staff not to enter Licensed establishments in uniform, infact im sure its in the licencing act

Armed Forces Dress Policy
Policy and Appearance
P.3809 Wearing of Uniform in Public
e. Occasions on which Uniform is Not to be Worn.
(2) Visits to licensed premises (including when not consuming alcohol).

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Can i point out the MOD policy is for Uniform staff not to enter Licensed establishments in uniform, infact im sure its in the licencing act

Armed Forces Dress Policy
Policy and Appearance
P.3809 Wearing of Uniform in Public
e. Occasions on which Uniform is Not to be Worn.
(2) Visits to licensed premises (including when not consuming alcohol).

Now where is that 'i told you so' smiley gone... ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here