Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a dirty cheating bunch of losers.

theboybilly

I was talking to a party of about 12 Addicks fans in The Cyclist at Brighton Station before heading off for the train. They were excellent company and weren't holding out much hope for their team. They were no bother at all. I like Charlton, a proper club with (mostly) decent fans

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
6 mins and started time wasting. Chat shit, get banged.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Didn't annoy me at all during the game. I thought it anything it would prove to be completely counter productive.

The injured player rolling back onto the pitch was brilliant.

A keeper booked for timewasting in the FIRST HALF ? Fans refusing to give the ball back... The referee just stops his watch.

What planet were Charlton on ? 2-0 up and completely devoid of confidence. It was like watching a lower league team (and fans) in the FA Cup who had unexpectedly taken a shock league.

You were much calmer than me mate :lol:. Frustrating that first half but wow what a turn around...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As stated on the other thread, there's a huge difference between the team they have representing them at this current moment and them as a club / fanbase (who we've always had good relations with and always will do..!) yes there was an element of 20 lads giving it the big one at the back of their section (most clubs have their idiots), but today shouldn't change most fans view - Charlton are a decent bunch / club...

Main criticism of that group at the back was singing 'you're ****ig shit' at half time and all the top of the league etc chants in first half... Why risk it... Looked as silly as their time wasting team at the end :lol:

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
at the end of the day, I don't give a monkey's who we play, I never applaud the away support, or when one of their players goes off injured. As far as I see it, eleven players start a match against us and as long as we take the points, that'll do for me.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Nothing against the fans - they were a bit out of order, but they were 2 up against a team they must have expected to struggle against, so they were bound to be a bit OTT. The players and tactics were, however, not so easy to excuse. How they only had one sent off is a mystery, all they did was kick our players for large parts of the first half. In the second half they struggled to get near enough to anyone to do this as often. They also lacked any team spirit, completely lost the plot when our first goal went in.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My regard for Charlton has dropped almost as low as palace. Got exactly what they deserved :lol:

I think that's a tad ott if you don't mind me saying so. Charlton are a team fighting for Championship survival, so at times they were always going to fight dirty. It goes with the territory.

Yes they were wasting as much time as they possibly could, and their players were probably feigning injuries, but lets face it, we have seen all that before at the Amex this season, it's common occurance. I know it was far from pretty to watch, but hey the y got their come uppance at the end.

Let's face it, if we were in the same situation as them, could we be sure that we wouldn't have done the same thing?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We both hate palace, that's good enough for me.

Viva Charlton!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was quite glad they kept the ball in their end first half, last thing I wanted was the ball back in play!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I find it hard to understand why the sudden dislike towards us considering we have friendly links I.e fans United or have you forgotten all that now you are being successful?

As for the team, if they were time wasting then clearly it's a tactic to defend a lead against a team who are on great form. I didn't go today but when I noticed we were 2-0 up against you I was like wtf surely this can't be happening and I was'nt surprised when we threw away a 2 goal lead. That's how confident we are with Charlton at the moment!!!

I may be a mug for saying this but I generally hope you go up this season, always had a liking towards Brighton.

I cant wait till we put up a poster at Charlton station advertising prem league footy at the Albion. AFTERALL YOU LOT ****ING DID when we were at Gillingham.

I cant wait till we put up a poster at Charlton station advertising prem league footy at the Albion. AFTERALL YOU LOT ****ING DID when we were at Gillingham.

This FFS.

All this love in with the Charlton fans boils my piss, I will NEVER forget those posters. Seems to me like seeing a man lying in the street, bloodied and battered, barely conscious, then nicking his wallet.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Absolute tossers. Their little mob goading supporters in the south west corner at 0-2. Then getting all humpy when it's turned on them at 3-2. Was the icing on the cake for me 😂

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not sure what the problem is I loved their overconfident premature baiting of the home support as it resulted in an entire ground lording it over them as their team fell completely to pieces in the second half. Enjoyed every minute watching them sink back into their seats with dread as the unthinkable played out in front of them. If anything just made the victory even sweeter

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
To be fair tho eh, we'd have done exactly the same in their position.

I wasn't there yesterday so didn't see the how bad the time wasting/goading etc was but exactly THIS! come on guys ffs, we're only moaning because it was against us. If we were 1-0 up away at Derby next week and one of ours got the ball and hoofed it to the back of the away end everyone would cheer and think it was all a good laugh.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Bit of an over reaction, I'm sure we have done the same in the past and probably will in the future. Charlton are desperate for the points and being two up clearly felt it was a way of killing the game off, thankfully it back fired on them.
Some stupid comments on here about Charlton and it's fans, they are just as passionate about their club as most supporters are. Sadly they are getting fleeced by a chairman who owns multiple clubs and they are relying on the youth system. Speaking to a couple of Charlton supporters on the train home they have about 3,000 STH who no longer attend due to the administration of the club, sad I know a club who were once in a similar position.
I like Charlton and am looking forward to the game at The Valley and a few pints in Greenwich, let's hope we play for 90 minutes and not 45 as we did yesterday.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Bit of an over reaction, I'm sure we have done the same in the past and probably will in the future. Charlton are desperate for the points and being two up clearly felt it was a way of killing the game off, thankfully it back fired on them.
Some stupid comments on here about Charlton and it's fans, they are just as passionate about their club as most supporters are. Sadly they are getting fleeced by a chairman who owns multiple clubs and they are relying on the youth system. Speaking to a couple of Charlton supporters on the train home they have about 3,000 STH who no longer attend due to the administration of the club, sad I know a club who were once in a similar position.
I like Charlton and am looking forward to the game at The Valley and a few pints in Greenwich, let's hope we play for 90 minutes and not 45 as we did yesterday.[/QUOTE

Agreed and does anyone remember how many coaches of Charlton fans came down for Fans Utd day?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here