Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I did too. Football not's all about blood and thunder like the Spurs game. These games have their place too.
Exactly. Lots of positives inc a clean sheet against an inform Hammers playing at home.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A good battle of wildly contrasting styles.

a point is no bad thing. Shame we got dry humped at home.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
On the balance of play, yes, we should have won.

However I am reallly happy. An away point is never a bad thing and the clean sheet was the icing on the cake,

If the hammers had nicked a last minute winner, it would have been devastating.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Moyes and West Ham at home, anti football. This evening against a makeshift team, he had to hand:

Alvarez £35m
Ward-Prowse £30m
Benrahma £30m
Fornals £24m
Mavropanos £23m
Bowen £22m
Soucek £19m
Cornet £17.5m
Ings £15m
Emerson £13m
Ogbanna £10m
Johnson £6m

Was he a sh1t scared of receiving another hiding after Liverpool and Fulham?

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
We weren't set up for paying with a winger tonight. On your logic, Welbeck and Pedro proved they're not strikers.

Indeed.

Here are the average positions of both teams from tonight. As you can see our number 6, James Milner, played as a left winger

Attachments

• BD6955BB-E509-4A71-8FBA-95CA8895D110.png
    BD6955BB-E509-4A71-8FBA-95CA8895D110.png
    994.6 KB · Views: 84

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'd be interested to see a composite of possession / touches in box / shots etc from the two games we've played them this season

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Absolutely brilliant 2nd half from us. Great football, had everything but a goal against this BORING BORING side who got their BORING 4th clean sheet in a row. Glad we don't need to watch this BORING football every week. Even their own fans were bored.

Hinsh was brilliant. What a player he could be. Thought he was drafted in because we were desperate, but he's genuine quality.

Moder looks even better than before. Again, I had my doubts he'd be the same player following such a big injury but he looks sharp as anything. Shame about his finish, but that's easily forgiven as he's barely played in 18 months.

Van Hecke - immense. Lallana was quality when he came on.

We deserved the win here, no doubt. Just lacked the finishing, but on another day we would have won this convincingly.

A couple of negatives - poor-ish game for Welbeck. Ferguson is in poor form, but I expect him to recover soon.

Disappointing, because our quality 2nd half deserved a win that would have put us sixth - but boring defensive football won them a point today.
Where's the part where you criticise Steele?

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
RDZ told BBC Sport: "I'm really pleased with the performance. We made a clean sheet so you [the media] are happy because Brighton made a clean sheet.

"We played a great game. We deserved to win. We played a very smart game because the best quality of West Ham is counter-attack and we played with a focus - don't concede a counter-attack.

"We created eight clear chances to score and I'm really pleased for the performance, the understanding of the play I want and demand."

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
RDZ told BBC Sport: "I'm really pleased with the performance. We made a clean sheet so you [the media] are happy because Brighton made a clean sheet.

"We played a great game. We deserved to win. We played a very smart game because the best quality of West Ham is counter-attack and we played with a focus - don't concede a counter-attack.

"We created eight clear chances to score and I'm really pleased for the performance, the understanding of the play I want and demand."
Brilliant fro RBZ, poking fun at the percieved need for clean sheets too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here