Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham to move for Chris Hughton?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You genuinely don’t see the improvements Potter has made since taking over? The progressive football style, the kids coming through (Connolly and Alzate)? None of that?

I would suggest that he doesn't see the change because he doesn't go to Brighton matches. He is a Hughton fan, not a Brighton one.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I really don't give a damn about your 'close' connections with CH but I would respectfully suggest that it is those 'close' connections that blinker your view of what was happening. My judgement is based on what I see on the pitch. We were dire for most of last season and Bloom had to make a judgement call as to whether it was likely to improve or if we were going to continue spiralling down and end up back in the championship. I think Bloom made the right call, as tough as it was for Hughton to take (as well as his friends on here and in the national media!!).

Are you on f#chin " speed dial repeat" I want even on about your posts because you must go on and on about whether Chris should or shouldn't have been sacked.

It's boring. My posts was referencing Chris and the West Ham job not about his sacking at Brighton. That's done and dusted. Move the f#ch on.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I wouldn't even argue with them on this one Buddy

Newcastle fans didn't want him initially either and he won them over by winning the Championship - He came up to PL and Battered Villa 6-1 : Then he battered Sunderland 5-0 and still got sacked. Newcastle haven't beaten Sunderland once since Chris left and that is one of the biggest bones of contention up in the North East with all the Newcastle Managers who have followed Chris - So whether West Ham fans want Chris or not, it is not up to them. And to be honest there isn't even a job available at West Ham as things stand currently.

There are some on here who support Chris and others will never see our point of view because they don't have the same close connections as we do and that is absolutely fine.

Are you on f#chin " speed dial repeat" I want even on about your posts because you must go on and on about whether Chris should or shouldn't have been sacked.

It's boring. My posts was referencing Chris and the West Ham job not about his sacking at Brighton. That's done and dusted. Move the f#ch on.

Well I was making a comment because of your comment! Fans that watched us last year will know how we played and from that we can surmise that clubs like WHU won't employ CH. WHU fans were aware of how we played so their twitter comments come as no surprise.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Well I was making a comment because of your comment! Fans that watched us last year will know how we played and from that we can surmise that clubs like WHU won't employ CH. WHU fans were aware of how we played so their twitter comments come as no surprise.

Just to add the very same fans would have seen how we despatched their brand of attractive football in a couple of games under Hughton.:clap2:

*and have not beat us in four recent games

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
You genuinely don’t see the improvements Potter has made since taking over? The progressive football style, the kids coming through (Connolly and Alzate)? None of that?

Of course there is improvement - and a couple of the kids have come through - we have still to see the long-term impact of Potter. But as I have argued before, there likely would also have been improvements and the kids coming through if Hughton was still here.

Getting three players who each cost more than any player signed by Hughton, plus having a couple of the kids mature - will improve the squad no matter what way you look at it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just to add the very same fans would have seen how we despatched their brand of attractive football in a couple of games under Hughton.:clap2:

*and have not beat us in four recent games

First two were indeed great and their fans departing the London Stadium en masse at 60 minutes was a sight to behold. Third one was extremely lucky (they had twice as many shots as us, nearly twice as much possession, 9 corners to our 1, and nearly twice as many passes). 4th one we blew a two goal lead!

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015

A simplistic approach - and something that the likes of twitter amplifies.

Hughton did what he could with the squad at his disposal - and he kept Brighton in the PL.

Hughton is highly regarded in footballing circles - he has a proven pedigree - and clubs, knowing how difficult it is to get a club promoted and then keep them in the PL for two seasons, understand his achievements.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Hughton did what he could with the squad at his disposal - and he kept Brighton in the PL.

Hughton is highly regarded in footballing circles - he has a proven pedigree - and clubs, knowing how difficult it is to get a club promoted and then keep them in the PL for two seasons, understand his achievements.

I agree, I mean Steve Bruce doesn't struggle to get a job does HE?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

And I would suggest that trying to repeat that feat of getting a club promoted is what he could be doing now.

As for doing what he could with the squad, that comes down to a matter of opinion and I'm sure we will continue to differ on that.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
And I would suggest that trying to repeat that feat of getting a club promoted is what he could be doing now.

He has done that twice already (and got a third to the play-offs in his only season with them) - and then consolidated both clubs in the PL - only to be sacked.

As for doing what he could with the squad, that comes down to a matter of opinion and I'm sure we will continue to differ on that.

I am sure we will - the problem is that there is an assumption that continues to be perpetrated, that if he was still manager, his team this year (with 5 new players in the squad) would have played the same as last season - instead of like when Brighton were in the Championship or when he was at Newcastle. It is a false assumption.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Did he not work for the Dildo brothers once before at Brum ?

Good question. Did they sack him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
To be fair, what we didn't know, and still don't know with Hughton, was whether it was his or the players fault for the poor run of form. It may have been both of course.

Our problem last season was the decision making and quality in the final third because we made enough chances to avoid losses and draws. Unfortunately we are still having exactly the same problem this season, even with a different style, so we have to question the quality of the players rather than Hughton as they are struggling to play Potter's football too.

West Ham were tipped for a top half finish and on paper they have a stronger squad of players than we have, and it could be safe to say that with better players it is easier to manage a team and get results.

I would love to see Hughton get the West Ham job just to see if he was limited by the squad he had here because it seems like Potter is too and needs a few transfer windows himself for the transition.

Errr... the manager is ultimately responsible. He correctly got the chop. Get over it.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

The last few home games of last season v Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Southampton teams that were around us fighting for survival and we have 5 shots on target in total. We only won one of those against Huddersfield who were already down, made Bournemouth look like Barcelona, Cardiff and Southampton like top 6 side. I don't believe he kept us up, it was Palace beating Cardiff that sent them down instead of us.

Sorry but going into those games with an attitude of don't concede is the reason I believe he deserves to be sacked.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Can't see Chris wanting to go to WH, proper toxic club

More to the point, cannot see Wt Sham being interested.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It would certainly be very interesting. I hope he’s offered it and takes it.

Will never happen. You need to be more balanced in your view of what job Chris can get. Any PL suitor would amaze me TBH.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Jumping to conclusions as usual

Which would they be? That you don’t see the change or that you are a CH fan. I’m still a CH fan but to put it bluntly we were absolutely f*cking shit for the last 6 games or so and at the end of the day that’s was down to CH.
If you can’t see the positive change then a trip to spec savers is in order or you actually go to games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Agreed. Chris is a great man, but assuming Potter keeps us up (and all signs are pointing to that right now) it’s hard to argue that Tony made the right call in making the change.

Slightly baffled anyone could see it differently tbh.

This. No guarantees of course. But at least we can look forward to our football again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here