Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham Ticket Details announced

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Kenhead said:
Yes we were, thats why i thought it was pay on the gate so to prove that you went rather than advance sales.

At the end of the day if people didn't put there applications in fast enough then they only have thereselves to blame rather than say they are not going to get a season ticket next year

This is exactly how I feel about it. If you're a STH and didn't get your application in at the Swansea game, then stop looking for someone to blame - it's your fault.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
DJ Leon said:
This is exactly how I feel about it. If you're a STH and didn't get your application in at the Swansea game, then stop looking for someone to blame - it's your fault.

2 x STH applied at Swansea game.

No money cashed yet!

:angry:

Sorry but this system stinks - how can a club with only 4000 STH not be able to fulfill them all when given 5000 tickets.

In March when the club ask me for the best part of £1000 for 2 ST I'll write back and tell tem where to go.

I love this club but sometime we are SO F**KING SHIT at organising anything it makes my blood boil.

I repeat my question of earlier on this thread - how can someone who hasn't been to watch an Albion game since Cardiff but is an away member be treated the same as a STH?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
2 x STH applied at Swansea game.

No money cashed yet!

Sorry but this system stinks - how can a club with only 4000 STH not be able to fulfill them all when given 5000 tickets.

In March when the club ask me for the best part of £1000 for 2 ST I'll write back and tell tem where to go.

I love this club but sometime we are SO F**KING SHIT at organising anything it makes my blood boil.

I repeat my question of earlier on this thread - how can someone who hasn't been to watch an Albion game since Cardiff but is an away member be treated the same as a STH?

A season ticket gets you a guaranteed ticket for home games. That's it. Were you sold it on false promises? Did the club say that you would get priority for away games? I can only presume they did - why else would so many people get so hot under the collar about not being given something they have NO right to.

I'm sure your tickets will arrive BTW.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
DJ Leon said:

I think you're missing the point - the reason some STHs (including me) are unhappy is that there was no priority given to STHs. Incidentally, I actually posted my application first class on the morning of the Swansea game, as (living in Somerset and having a full time job) there was no way I could get to the game....the club said applications handed in at the Swansea game would be treated as arriving on the 6th Dec, ie, the same day as my application should have arrived. Any reasonable system would have given STHs 3 or 4 days priority, hence this whole balls up would have been avoided.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They are making it less advantageous to buy a season ticket though, all the time we don't sell out you could buy cheap seat tickets and sit wherever you liked.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
DJ Leon said:
A season ticket gets you a guaranteed ticket for home games. That's it. Were you sold it on false promises? Did the club say that you would get priority for away games? I can only presume they did - why else would so many people get so hot under the collar about not being given something they have NO right to.

I'm sure your tickets will arrive BTW.

Again, missing the point, my friend.....given the club's apparent desperate need for STHs they should be giving STHs something in return for their money IN ADDITION TO a seat at every home league game. Remember, STHs at Withdean get probably the crappiest deal of any STH at any club in England.

The club's decision says to me that STHs aren't actually that valuable. Fair enough if true, but I have a sneaking suspicion that when the time comes in Feb/Mar for the renewal letters, someone within B&HA FC will suddenly realise that STHs are actually bloody important.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:

Because it's PC. You can't be expected to look after your own all the time, Outsiders do have rights you know!

As I've said on another thread ... the system of splitting the priority between STHs and AMS members came about as the result of a lot of lobbying of the club some years back - by NSC members and a fanzine editor, among others.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Jim in the West said:
Again, missing the point, my friend.....given the club's apparent desperate need for STHs they should be giving STHs something in return for their money IN ADDITION TO a seat at every home league game. Remember, STHs at Withdean get probably the crappiest deal of any STH at any club in England.

The club's decision says to me that STHs aren't actually that valuable. Fair enough if true, but I have a sneaking suspicion that when the time comes in Feb/Mar for the renewal letters, someone within B&HA FC will suddenly realise that STHs are actually bloody important.

So you're saying that the club should give you priority to encourage you to keep renewing your season ticket? What about all those people that go to away games, but aren't STHs? They may contribute just as much (or more) to the club as you? Why sideline them? (Or do you go to every away game?)

The club are categorically NOT saying that STHs aren't actually valuable. You believe that STHs should get priority for away tickets and that's your opinion, the club have never said this; it's not the way things work. From your false assumption about what you're entitled to, you're inferring that the club don't value you. It makes no sense. You may as well say, 'I spent £300 pounds in the club shop this entitles me to a West Ham ticket'. The jump in logic is exaclty the same, unless you're suggesting that this is exactly how things should be run - whoever contributes the most gets the big game tickets.

Last edited:

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
Lord Bracknell said:
As I've said on another thread ... the system of splitting the priority between STHs and AMS members came about as the result of a lot of lobbying of the club some years back - by NSC members and a fanzine editor, among others.

And as a result someone who pays for AMS membership for a tenner or whaterver and who has possibly NEVER been to an away match gets equal priority to STHs.

That's bollox.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Lord Bracknell said:
Yes and I predict that Mr Perry will regret being influenced by those vociferous people when season ticket sales continue to decline.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
jonny.rainbow said:
Because only 11% of season ticket holders travel to away games, so to give all season ticket holders priority for this glamour game, would be unfair on those who regularly travel away and pay on the gate.
Where does this statistic come from? It seems very suspicious.

A large number of the crowd who watch us all over the place are STH. Some of this crowd have seen the Albion play competitively on over 100 grounds.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
DJ Leon said:
What about all those people that go to away games, but aren't STHs? They may contribute just as much (or more) to the club as you?

Sorry, but how does somebody who goes to away games and aren't STH contributing to the club MORE than STH ?

Without the £2,000,000.00 (say 4000 x £500) that ST sales contribute in March/April the club would go bust.

How does going to Orient/Northampton or wherever away help the Club?? (Apart from support for the Team of course)

I will go to WHU whatever, but feel that once again, come a big game the club hasn't acted as well as it should have done.

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
I understand the STH paying fans being annoyed but i can't afford to buy a season tickets for Me, the missus and 2 kids in one go. We attend just as many home matches as them over a season paying full price. Just have to pay on a match to match basis. Not fair to punish those that can't afford lump sums. We are also away member that travel frequently

gollum

Dec 29, 2004
I think the club are basically trying to do the right thing, though what has angered me on this occasion is why was the Millwall game picked out as the 'ticket stub' priority. After all, Millwall is only an hour up the road and very easy to get to by train. How about the fans who travelled to Bradford, Scunthorpe, Huddersfield, Carlisle, Doncaster, Rotherham etc. Their efforts to get to these long distance games apparently count for nothing. What I would have liked to have seen is ticket stub priority to supporters who have been to 3 or 4 out of the previous 6 away games. The ticket stubs could then be marked and returned for other big games in the season. This would then reward the regular travellers and not just the people who can only be bothered to go as far north as London.

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
gollum said:
I think the club are basically trying to do the right thing, though what has angered me on this occasion is why was the Millwall game picked out as the 'ticket stub' priority. After all, Millwall is only an hour up the road and very easy to get to by train. How about the fans who travelled to Bradford, Scunthorpe, Huddersfield, Carlisle, Doncaster, Rotherham etc. Their efforts to get to these long distance games apparently count for nothing. What I would have liked to have seen is ticket stub priority to supporters who have been to 3 or 4 out of the previous 6 away games. The ticket stubs could then be marked and returned for other big games in the season. This would then reward the regular travellers and not just the people who can only be bothered to go as far north as London.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree totally my friend. Went to millwall once this year already. that surely is punishment enough and deserves a prority over anyone. had to work for second game in bermondsey 2 mins drive from ground. Was closer than most albion fans that day.

Last edited:

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
DJ Leon said:
So you're saying that the club should give you priority to encourage you to keep renewing your season ticket? What about all those people that go to away games, but aren't STHs? They may contribute just as much (or more) to the club as you? Why sideline them? (Or do you go to every away game?)

The people that go to away games are NOT contributing financially to the club at all. In fact they are contributing to other clubs.

gollum

Dec 29, 2004
Quite true...but it's worth a huge amount in moral support to the team when they're a long way from home...

Ccider said:
The people that go to away games are NOT contributing financially to the club at all. In fact they are contributing to other clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here