Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham Ticket Details announced

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Ccider said:
The people that go to away games are NOT contributing financially to the club at all. In fact they are contributing to other clubs.

But then there is the argument that people who go to away games actually help encourage the team to win games and encourage people to in turn go and watch games at Withdean!

Anyway, i can't believe people are moaning so bloody much here. Lets be realistic - It is IMPOSSIBLE to set out a policy that suits everyone. The club made it CLEAR that people needed to keep ticket stubs before we'd even started playing in the cup. They are doing their best. If you haven't got a ticket, its your own fault, stop blaming the club!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Withdean Wanderer said:
Anyway, i can't believe people are moaning so bloody much here. Lets be realistic - It is IMPOSSIBLE to set out a policy that suits everyone.

There's 2 ways of looking at it. If you got a ticket the club got it right, If you did'nt they got it wrong, End of!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
British Bulldog said:
There's 2 ways of looking at it. If you got a ticket the club got it right, If you did'nt they got it wrong, End of!

Pretty much.

But even if they got it wrong, why the hell do people insist on banging on about it 20 bloody pages later?!?!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Withdean Wanderer said:
Pretty much.

But even if they got it wrong, why the hell do people insist on banging on about it 20 bloody pages later?!?!

Because they either hav'nt got a ticket or they just look for an excuse to have a whinge I guess!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Withdean Wanderer said:
But then there is the argument that people who go to away games actually help encourage the team to win games and encourage people to in turn go and watch games at Withdean!

Anyway, i can't believe people are moaning so bloody much here. Lets be realistic - It is IMPOSSIBLE to set out a policy that suits everyone. The club made it CLEAR that people needed to keep ticket stubs before we'd even started playing in the cup. They are doing their best. If you haven't got a ticket, its your own fault, stop blaming the club!
1 And a very high number of the regular away support are STH.

2 I'm not moaning I've got a ticket. But everyone WILL MOAN if we lose 500 pi**ed off STH in March as it will mean selling one of young players.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I dont have a problem with STH having first dibs on any tickets home or away.

They are the lifeblood of the club.

In the "old days" STH had a couple of days to get their applications in befor they were then sold to "members" then to get general public...

Seems simple in my opinion....

Citrus in Sheffield

Sep 16, 2005
S10
if season tickets were to be given priority, then the AMS should be adjusted into a points system (including home and away games).
This would mean that regular fans get priority over people who 'haven't been since Cardiff'.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
My cheque has been cashed for £12 which means I've obviously got one of the cheaper seats. On one hand I'm assured of my ticket but on the other hand my application appears to have been dealt with last even though I applied 2 days after the draw.

Still at least I'm going so I'm not going to complain too much.

The map of the stadium is here by the way:
http://www.whufc.com/uploads/documents/jan_06/whu_1137596382_seat_plan.jpg

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Richy_Seagull said:
Anyone know when they are planning on sending the tickets out?

Insider said they would start doing it this week.

However I heard on the news that if a letter hadn't been posted first class by 5pm on Tuesday it wouldn't arrive until after christmas.

So you're looking at the 27th now I would think.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Downloaded Penguin said:
My cheque has been cashed for £12 which means I've obviously got one of the cheaper seats. On one hand I'm assured of my ticket but on the other hand my application appears to have been dealt with last even though I applied 2 days after the draw.

http://www.whufc.com/uploads/documents/jan_06/whu_1137596382_seat_plan.jpg

I saw that map.

The thing is that normally all seats in that stand are band 4 (the cheap price). I'm assuming the £20 tickets will be behind the centre of the goal but in which tier, and at the front or back?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
DJ Leon said:
So you're saying that the club should give you priority to encourage you to keep renewing your season ticket? What about all those people that go to away games, but aren't STHs? They may contribute just as much (or more) to the club as you? Why sideline them? (Or do you go to every away game?)

The club are categorically NOT saying that STHs aren't actually valuable. You believe that STHs should get priority for away tickets and that's your opinion, the club have never said this; it's not the way things work. From your false assumption about what you're entitled to, you're inferring that the club don't value you. It makes no sense. You may as well say, 'I spent £300 pounds in the club shop this entitles me to a West Ham ticket'. The jump in logic is exaclty the same, unless you're suggesting that this is exactly how things should be run - whoever contributes the most gets the big game tickets.

For the avoidance of doubt, my points are:

1. Season Ticket Holders are more valuable than Away Members (by definition - they contribute around £500 each to the club every year, whereas Away Members contribute a one-off £10).
2. As a result, STHs should get priority for ALL cup tickets/play-off games, etc - best achieved by giving them 3 or 4 days advance booking period.
3. This system works very well for just about every football (or other sporting) club/theatre/etc. It encourages membership/season ticket sales (which is good for the club), and rewards those who contribute most. It is the perfect virtuous circle.

The problem with the system we have at B&HA is that it doesn't necessarily reward those who contribute the most. This creates resentment (rightly or wrongly), and risks reducing the number of Season Ticket Holders. This is plainly not in the club's interests.

The club can rightfully say that they are simply implementing a system which has been in force for 2 years. It's difficult to argue with that, but IMHO now is the chance to review that system and ensure that in future STHs are given some form of priority.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Jim in the West said:
For the avoidance of doubt, my points are:

1. Season Ticket Holders are more valuable than Away Members (by definition - they contribute around £500 each to the club every year, whereas Away Members contribute a one-off £10).
2. As a result, STHs should get priority for ALL cup tickets/play-off games, etc - best achieved by giving them 3 or 4 days advance booking period.
3. This system works very well for just about every football (or other sporting) club/theatre/etc. It encourages membership/season ticket sales (which is good for the club), and rewards those who contribute most. It is the perfect virtuous circle.

The problem with the system we have at B&HA is that it doesn't necessarily reward those who contribute the most. This creates resentment (rightly or wrongly), and risks reducing the number of Season Ticket Holders. This is plainly not in the club's interests.

The club can rightfully say that they are simply implementing a system which has been in force for 2 years. It's difficult to argue with that, but IMHO now is the chance to review that system and ensure that in future STHs are given some form of priority.

But how do you KNOW that season ticket holders put more money into the club than other fans.

In the play-off season I went to all but 2 home games, (one being Swindon playoff semi when I couldn't get a ticket). I always bought 2 tickets and quite often ended up giving one away to a mate who couldn't afford to go.

21 X £22 = £462

I also bought a programme at every home game I went to.

21 x £3 = £63

I also bought DVDs shirts, books and other merchandise from the club shop totalling at least £200, probably more.

All that and I'm not a season ticket holder and therefore not "the lifeblood of the club". :shootself

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
jonny.rainbow said:
But how do you KNOW that season ticket holders put more money into the club than other fans.

In the play-off season I went to all but 2 home games, (one being Swindon playoff semi when I couldn't get a ticket). I always bought 2 tickets and quite often ended up giving one away to a mate who couldn't afford to go.

21 X £22 = £462

I also bought a programme at every home game I went to.

21 x £3 = £63

I also bought DVDs shirts, books and other merchandise from the club shop totalling at least £200, probably more.

All that and I'm not a season ticket holder and therefore not "the lifeblood of the club". :shootself

You don't pay it four months in advance and give the club an income in the close season.
Part of the clubs income is sponsorship and advertisers like to know there is a guaranteed number of people viewing.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
jakes right boot said:
You don't pay it four months in advance and give the club an income in the close season.
Part of the clubs income is sponsorship and advertisers like to know there is a guaranteed number of people viewing.

Yes but your acting as if the season ticket offers no incentive to the fan.

For instance, in the div 2 and 3 championship and play off seasons it guaranteed you a ticket for the following season, at a reduced price for all the big games that would be oversubscribed.

It also gives you priority for all home cup and play-off games as well as roughly a 50% chance of getting a ticket to a big away cup game.

I don't pay my money up front and therefore get none of these benefits and I accept that.

Bugs Hill

Jan 13, 2004
Downloaded Penguin said:

http://www.whufc.com/uploads/docume...2_seat_plan.jpg

jonny.rainbow said:
I saw that map.

The thing is that normally all seats in that stand are band 4 (the cheap price). I'm assuming the £20 tickets will be behind the centre of the goal but in which tier, and at the front or back?

Upper tier is £20 - STHs pay £16
Lower Tier is £15 - STHs pay £12

Upper Tier allocated to Millwall Stub holders first.

All tickets being posted today

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Bugs Hill said:
Upper tier is £20 - STHs pay £16
Lower Tier is £15 - STHs pay £12

Upper Tier allocated to Millwall Stub holders first.

All tickets being posted today

Cheers do you know if The Millwall stub holders got seats at the back or the front of the upper tier?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here