[Albion] West Ham away tickets

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think it may help if each game, car parking didn't go on sale at the same date/time. I was in the queue for Spurs and Wolves car parking and I suspect that some were in the queue for Spurs and Wolves tickets as they were on sale for A+ from 9am too. So not only were people queuing for West Ham Away tickets but for those too.
Yep - it may be that a lot of this gets "fixed" by different scheduling of sales windows opening.

But, as above, none of us have sight of what technical options are within the club's direct control.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Overkill whether intentional or not. Failing to take any action at all previously when a clear and obvious issue for some of the most important games was rasied, followed by chucking a load of hurdles for west ham away for Tier 1 is a really daft sequence of events and not in keeping with a well run club.
Thankfully they got this out of the way for this game rather than a knock out round in one of the european competitions.
Surely it's a good thing that they've tried to fix the problem initially on a sale when there's no real rush for tickets, rather than completely f***ing everybody over by only finding problems for the first time on a sale where there's a genuine scarcity and being delayed would cause people a real problem?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Surely it's a good thing that they've tried to fix the problem initially on a sale when there's no real rush for tickets, rather than completely f***ing everybody over by only finding problems for the first time on a sale where there's a genuine scarcity and being delayed would cause people a real problem?
Exactly

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I think it may help if each game, car parking didn't go on sale at the same date/time. I was in the queue for Spurs and Wolves car parking and I suspect that some were in the queue for Spurs and Wolves tickets as they were on sale for A+ from 9am too. So not only were people queuing for West Ham Away tickets but for those too.
Indeed. And advertise well ahead of time exactly when car parking will go on sale. They could easily do that at say 12.00 when the website is quieter. Each and every time car parking goes on sale it is a fiasco. It was all further complicated by West Ham tickets today. Some of us do prefer to sit in certain positions for various reasons which is why we go on at 09.00 to grab those seats. I try to be benevolent towards the club but I do feel like ticketing and merchandise is run as though it's a pain for the club and we should be grateful for anything we get. It HAS to start being done more professionally.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Neither you nor I have any idea of the options available to the club's ticketing team nor the limitations and restrictions imposed by the ticketing system they are currently working with.

Despite this lack of knowledge you seem to believe the task is simple and people have intentionally made things more awkward for fans, whereas I believe there are a team of people working hard to deliver the best possible process within the confines of what they are able to readily change.

I've tried to explain, so I'll leave you to your outrage.
Thanks. Never wrong

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If this is down to the problem of people 'reserving' seats then it might be better for the club to identify those individuals by monitoring who has tickets in baskets around tier change overs and then doesn't buy....Then a reminder to them that this could cost them 50 loyalty points or a ban....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It would be "overkill" if how this morning played out was intentional.

I don't believe for one second the club was aware that the changes made would mean people would have to wait up to 30 minutes to buy their West Ham tickets this morning, and I know they are looking at what can be changed to remedy that.
I get what you are saying. There was clearly another factor here, presumably the home tickets for two matches being on sale?

What I don't understand is why they don't have a 30 min gap between windows. Wouldn't that be easier? So tier one window runs from 9am through to 8.30am the next day. That way the baskets issue is resolved straight away. Isn't that simpler?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Yep, if you're going to make a right horlicks of it then better to do it for this game - I totally agree.

Technical difficulties though, not that anyone knows, but it must have been.......

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Because unless you've got 20/20 vision you can't see the other end of the pitch from the upper tiers.
I 100% agree with you about this even though i normally prefer to be higher for a good overview. So when i was 2872 in the queue this morning i feared there would be little choice when i got in. However at 9.17 on finally reaching the site there was about 900 still in the lower tiers. This surprised me somewhat so i thought i would have a look when the queue had gone. Just after 10.00 i reckon we had sold about 650 in the lower tier and about 250 top and i am now wondering if the fact that the top section is now all rail seating has had some influence?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I 100% agree with you about this even though i normally prefer to be higher for a good overview. So when i was 2872 in the queue this morning i feared there would be little choice when i got in. However at 9.17 on finally reaching the site there was about 900 still in the lower tiers. This surprised me somewhat so i thought i would have a look when the queue had gone. Just after 10.00 i reckon we had sold about 650 in the lower tier and about 250 top and i am now wondering if the fact that the top section is now all rail seating has had some influence?
I hadn't realised about the rail seating. Yes, that will be an influence for some. At my age I just want to see the game (and luzz beer over everyone when we score, obvs :moo: )

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
If this is down to the problem of people 'reserving' seats then it might be better for the club to identify those individuals by monitoring who has tickets in baskets around tier change overs and then doesn't buy....Then a reminder to them that this could cost them 50 loyalty points or a ban....
Two things on this, firstly we do not know if the club could monitor who has tickets in their basket and secondly most of the people DO go on to buy as they allocate the tickets in their basket to people on their friends and family list.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
How many tickets are left?

Reading some of the ‘I’m tier 1’ replies on here this morning…. Jesus, talk about entitled, “don’t you know who I am?”
A technical issue caused by the club having to make changes to stop some tier 1 fan’s trying to game the system, poetic.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Yep - it may be that a lot of this gets "fixed" by different scheduling of sales windows opening.

But, as above, none of us have sight of what technical options are within the club's direct control.

I think it would be relatively simple to at least say that car parking always goes on sale at lunch time or something like that? While I understand that club don't have unfettered access to every part of the ticketing software, it must surely allow for different timeslots in the same day

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Reading some of the ‘I’m tier 1’ replies on here this morning…. Jesus, talk about entitled, “don’t you know who I am?”
A technical issue caused by the club having to make changes to stop some tier 1 fan’s trying to game the system, poetic.
Not telling. Tier 1 secret!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think it would be relatively simple to at least say that car parking always goes on sale at lunch time or something like that? While I understand that club don't have unfettered access to every part of the ticketing software, it must surely allow for different timeslots in the same day
Of course, yes.

I know the club hoped/expected this morning to be incident-free, despite the changes made to counter future basket-hoarding.

But I've worked in enough places to know that sometimes despite the very best of intentions, thorough planning and diligent preparations, something unforeseen can happen. And when it does, all you can do is look at what went wrong and make adjustments to try and avoid it happening again.

It would be nice to live in a perfect world, but it doesn't really exist.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

463 lower tier (binoculars needed)
468 upper tier (telescopes needed)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Logged in straightaway and bought 2 tickets at about 10.40am so presumably queue chaos all over.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Logged in straightaway and bought 2 tickets at about 10.40am so presumably queue chaos all over.
Yes, it would seem the queue was caused by all the people wanting to buy home match tickets, car parking tickets and away match tickets being held out of the system till exactly 9.00 then all being randomly allocated a number in the subsequent queue. I guess the ticketing system being used can only apply a queue at the initial stage and not just for a particular event (west ham say) or even a type of event(home away or car etc)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports