Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're going to play Palace in the semis aren't we

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The problem with Bolton is that they have Dougie as manager who seems to have worked us out quite well, we've never beaten a team he's managed. Not that he's been in management long.

I'd be relatively confident against Palace, that's about it though don't fancy Bolton, Leicester or Watford. For me in preference it goes.

1. Palace
2. Leicester
3. Bolton
4. Watford

So it was part of Dougie's "plan" for us to hit the woodwork 3 times and miss a penalty, right? He got INCREDIBLY lucky against us, we completely battered them. Would love another chance against them.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I have a lot of sympathy with this viewpoint. The thought of Zaha or Murray scoring a last minute winner at the Amex to put them through frankly terrifies me. Plus there's the fact that when we played them at the Amex last year we were all confident of Brighton win. We know how well tht went. Likewise, this yer at the Amex a lot of us were not confident of a result while Palace were. We also know how(fantastic) that turned out. So, it seems forms plays little in these games.

However, meeting place in the play offs would be a monumental and legendary encounter. It would be era-defining if we were to win. Most of us think that our club has now surpassed palace-we have the stadium, the infrastructure, the fans and very possibly the team. The future should be ours. Palace don't feel the same, obviously. They point to the past 20 years of supremacy, their 35 years in the top two divisions as to why they are still top dog. If we were to beat them in the play offs and then go up what more symbolic changing of the guard could there be?

With that in mind, I've decided to embrace the thought of a Brighton - Palace play off meeting. The greater the risk, the greater the reward.
My thoughts/feelings exactly :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I fear Leicester will beat both Watford, as Watford already in play-offs so will be not risking any casualties. .

Err - Watford are only 4 points behind Hull, with 6 to play for. They'll throw everything at Leicester on Friday night, hopeing that a win, closing the gap to ONE point, before Hull's game on Saturday.

Which is great news for us. Much as Palace slipping out would be funny, its Leicester I fear most. Strong side.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Still cant believe why so many want to play Palace, if we lost - then bollocks to the 3-0 last month, they will have bragging rights over us for YEARS and will never let us forget it.
Personally I was only saying that I think we will get them, not that I want to get them (although I don't mind).

The problem with Bolton is that they have Dougie as manager who seems to have worked us out quite well
We easily outplayed Bolton at ours, and I don't think we were bad at theirs either, they just got lucky against us. I'd be happy to play them. And Dougie didn't have the better of us at Sellhurst last year.

i'm still trying to get my head around the concept of something being "slightly inevitable"....
Don't spend too long on it, I just made it up.

I think Cardiff will bet Bolton as it's their last home game and they'll want a big celebration for the crowd.
I'm not sure Cardiff will win, but they have the best home record in the division, and I expect it being their first and last home game post winning the Championship will at least give them reason to try (and hopefully get a draw).

I fancy Palace will lose at Blackburn and Millwall
Palace managed to come back and earn a point against a decent Leicester team, and Palace were without Jedinak. I think he's back this Saturday (after a 2 match ban), so I expect Palace to get a few more points.
I fear Leicester will beat both Watford
Watford are one of the top 3 teams, and still fighting for 2nd - won't be easy for Leicester at all.
Forest would love to stop their neighbours from making the play-offs but I doubt they are good enough
Of course Forest are good enough. Leciester have only won 1 game from their last 10, and suddenly you think they'll beat 2 top teams (they might, but it's strong odds against).

I think it is very unpredictable and there isn't a huge chance of us playing them in the play offs.
Although a lot of the games are unpredictable, I think we're odds on to play Palace in the semis.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Palace managed to come back and earn a point against a decent Leicester team, and Palace were without Jedinak. I think he's back this Saturday (after a 2 match ban), so I expect Palace to get a few more points.

They never came back to earn a point, they were winning twice and lost that lead both times.

1901Phil

Feb 1, 2012
Tunbridge Wells
According to the bookies( Stan James) Watford will come 3rd Albion 4th Palarse 5th and Bolton 6th.
If they are correct then it will Be Watford v Bolton and Albion v Palace.
Dates are first leg May 9/10second leg May 12/13. I assume 6th v3rd is played 9th and 12th May and 5th v4th 10/13 May.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'm sorry but a Wembley final against palace would be incredible, I don't care what people are saying about wanting to get a different team in the final a derby at Wembley would be sensational

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
We have spent the best part of the last 20 years playing at gillingham, an athletics track etc. We have had to fill our footballing luster with signings like jason peake and super mark'et. We have been close to extinction, final day game at hereford, lost our ground, lost any decent managers/players. Had moments of triumph that today would seem trivial, but at the time seemed massive.
Why would ANY Brighton fan be scared of playing palace... a team who have sustained their status by 2 admins. So what if we lost, we have endured far worse. Dont fear them or the result, WE ARE BRIGHTON, let the rest fear us for once.

Well said sir!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They never came back to earn a point, they were winning twice and lost that lead both times.
Er, fair point well made :facepalm: Still, the rest of my point stands :blush:

FanfightingMillwalltobeatBlackburnonTuesdayfollowedbyrelegationthreatenedRoversbeatingPalacethenWallhatingAlicesmashPalaceanddropdreadingPoshshockSelhurstbylastdaywinningtosendEaglescrashingoutofplayoffslipsmakingood!!!! :smile:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
According to the bookies( Stan James) Watford will come 3rd Albion 4th Palarse 5th and Bolton 6th.
And even if it's Forrest or Leicester that get 6th, we still play Palace. And even if Palace have a good run and get 4th, we still play Palace. Are their odds on us playing Palace in the semis, as I imagine it's odds on, and if it's not I want to bet on it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think Bolton will get 6 points from their last 2 games. I can't see Cardiff putting up a strong performance now; look at our results after we'd won the titles with games to spare in recent years! That means Palace would need to get at least 4 points to finish 5th - which is looking doubtful with only 1 home game remaining.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
IF Palace win all three games we cannot stop them finishing fourth which produces the ultimate nightmare of having the second leg at Selhurst!

Still who would have thought we would beat Millwall 4 - 1 and 2 - 1!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
IF Palace win all three games we cannot stop them finishing fourth which produces the ultimate nightmare of having the second leg at Selhurst!
So we go to Selhurst with a 3 goal lead - I think we can manage that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here