Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're going to play Palace in the semis aren't we

Downlander

Apr 14, 2011
You won't get a chance to dominate like that again and the likelyhood is you won't play that well again. For the record if we get in (still a big if) I'm genuinely not bothered who we get as I think we will take the opportunity been given to us and win through the play offs.

We dominate most home games like that! We're also a difficult side to beat away from home. We've also held our form the best. The weather is at last suiting our Latin players. The club is on an extrodinary roll! Brighton is the club the others should want to avoid - ask the managers!

Feb 3, 2013
Yes it is down to form. If you have been playing well and cofidence is high and team morale is high then I would say its got a lot to do with form.

But confidence could go the other way. We make the play offs and someone just scrapes in then we could be over complacent in thinking we'll win this whereas the team that just made it will think, Nothing to lose now just take this as our final and if we win then who knows..

Happens all the time. Palace in 2002-2003 just made the play offs and beat West Ham to gain promotion to the prem.

DJB

Jul 31, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Our performance against Blackpool reminded me a bit of West Ham last year when they thumped us 6-0 at the same point in the season. I hope the parallels are the same because we all know what they went on to do. Let’s hope we can replicate that.

Feb 3, 2013
Our performance against Blackpool reminded me a bit of West Ham last year when they thumped us 6-0 at the same point in the season. I hope the parallels are the same because we all know what they went on to do. Let’s hope we can replicate that.

If Gus kept the same team that lost 1-0 to Reading a few days before instead of his usual 5 changes then we'd have probably got a draw. Painter :facepalm:

tomski

Mar 6, 2013
Bolton
Is Holden with you now? Thought he'd be a big player in this league once over the injury but sent out on loan so presumably not back to full speed?
Just come back from a loan spell at Sheff Wed. It will be hard to tell if he can get back to what he was, the signs are encouraging as he is about to pen a new deal. From all accounts did well at his spell at Sheff wed. Before the injury he was in brilliant form.

tomski

Mar 6, 2013
Bolton
We dominate most home games like that! We're also a difficult side to beat away from home. We've also held our form the best. The weather is at last suiting our Latin players. The club is on an extrodinary roll! Brighton is the club the others should want to avoid - ask the managers!
Fair enough mate. you should be confident after a good season. I think things are gearing up for Premier League football with your setup and team, I just hope its not this year!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I honestly think we have enough already, although a win saturday would be nice to confirm it and hopefully finish 4th. Whilst palace's meltdown is hilarious, this season has proved that no good or bad run lasts for long in this division. Every game they f*ck up is just one nearer to them rediscovering their earlier season form at just the right moment.

I think we'll make the playoffs but can't decide if form going in will count for anything, or whether the squad have the bottle for it, regardless of who we play. I honestly can't call it; whenever I'm confident we tend to slip up and when I expect nothing we cruise it. I'm in two minds so I'm not sure what that means!!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Btw hova, are you a Brighton fan?
Genuine question....

But confidence could go the other way. We make the play offs and someone just scrapes in then we could be over complacent in thinking we'll win this whereas the team that just made it will think, Nothing to lose now just take this as our final and if we win then who knows..

Happens all the time. Palace in 2002-2003 just made the play offs and beat West Ham to gain promotion to the prem.

:shrug: question dodged

No way is he a Brighton fan. His post are to negative. [MENTION=11697]kevtherev[/MENTION] is not even that negative and the last paragraph for me seals it. Palace troll. Can a mod check this out?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looks like the club expect us to play Palace too! Great faith!

Palace in play-offs!.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's nearly there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here