Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're going to play Palace in the semis aren't we

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
some of you need to man up - of course we want palace in the semis - they are scared of us now, and their manager has no feeling for the rivalry.

ticket to the final!

we dont want bolton in the semis - thats for sure!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Relishing the prospect of possibly losing (as lets face it, Palace need to win sometime soon unfortunately) and then constantly getting beaten with that fact for however many years it might be until we get the chance for real payback ?

Sorry, avoiding Palace at all costs is best for everyone, also means we can just sit back and watch them get smashed (would love it if it was by Dougies Bolton) in the Semis - and then we win in the final.

People need to remember, we still lost to them 3-0 up at Shithurst, theres no guarantee we will actually win either game. Id rather be knocked out to ANY other team than Palace.

And conversely - what a chance to beat them in the Play Offs and go up and own THEM for a good few years!!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
And conversely - what a chance to beat them in the Play Offs and go up and own THEM for a good few years!!

Of course it would be brilliant if we actually won, but if they crashed out in the Semis and we still went up - we would still use that against them, admittedly it wouldnt be as good as beating them, too much of a risk really as literally anything can happen in this league and knowing us it would end up with that lot winning - which would send NSC into meltdown and people calling for Gus' head despite reaching our target.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We seem a lot more confident of palace getting to the playoffs than the palace fans are themselves :lolol:

C

CT1

Still cant believe why so many want to play Palace, if we lost - then bollocks to the 3-0 last month, they will have bragging rights over us for YEARS and will never let us forget it.

Just easier if we got someone like Bolton, who we outplayed in both games against them, then have Watford, who Palace have failed to beat this season, knock Palace out so we face them in the final. On the day i think we could probably beat Watford.

You never know, Palace may completely drop out which i would absolutely love.......along with the police in Sussex and Croydon.

But imagine if we beat palace in the play offs!! Thats why I want them

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Relishing the prospect of possibly losing (as lets face it, Palace need to win sometime soon unfortunately) and then constantly getting beaten with that fact for however many years it might be until we get the chance for real payback ?

Sorry, avoiding Palace at all costs is best for everyone, also means we can just sit back and watch them get smashed (would love it if it was by Dougies Bolton) in the Semis - and then we win in the final.

People need to remember, we still lost to them 3-0 up at Shithurst, theres no guarantee we will actually win either game. Id rather be knocked out to ANY other team than Palace.

I take your point, but respectfully disagree. I don't want to shy away from these sort of games. or avoid them. The benefit of facing the risk of a hugely painful loss, is that if (and I do think it's a big 'if') we do emerge victorious, then the feeling will be all the sweeter for it. It will be nerve-shredding, and beyond exciting, and isn't that why we love football?

- Of course, should Dougie pip them for 6th then I may well DIE laughing, so it's a win-win really.

Dec 29, 2011
Palace please, then Bolton in final. Watford are basically a better version of us so don't want them.

Wrong, Watford have seriously gone off the boil recently. They look decidedly average in every game, and their golden boy Vydra starts on the bench these days. I'd take Palace and Watford over Bolton.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Basically, if we play Palace in the playoffs and the winner gets promoted, be it in the semis or final, whichever team is the winner will have bragging rights until

a) we have another promotion battle and only one team wins the league/gets promoted
b) we meet in a relegation battle, with the last day of the season being against them and the loser being relegated
c) we meet in the final of a major cup competition

I'm not sure I could take that pressure, literally anything could happen.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Wrong, Watford have seriously gone off the boil recently. They look decidedly average in every game, and their golden boy Vydra starts on the bench these days. I'd take Palace and Watford over Bolton.

They didnt look THAT average when they beat Blackburn 4-0 at the weekend !!

Bolton in the play-offs - Watford in the final for me, as ive said we outplayed Bolton twice this season and were unlucky not get a result in either game.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The problem with Bolton is that they have Dougie as manager who seems to have worked us out quite well, we've never beaten a team he's managed. Not that he's been in management long.

I'd be relatively confident against Palace, that's about it though don't fancy Bolton, Leicester or Watford. For me in preference it goes.

1. Palace
2. Leicester
3. Bolton
4. Watford

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Basically, if we play Palace in the playoffs and the winner gets promoted, be it in the semis or final, whichever team is the winner will have bragging rights until

a) we have another promotion battle and only one team wins the league/gets promoted
b) we meet in a relegation battle, with the last day of the season being against them and the loser being relegated
c) we meet in the final of a major cup competition

I'm not sure I could take that pressure, literally anything could happen.

Spot on. Winning against them would be iterally the best thing that could happen to me (in a football sense), losing would be unbearable. Their fans would be nightmares (as would we if we won - but I'd rather be the one kicking than being kicked)

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I actually think we will limp into the play offs, actually I'm so relaxed about the play offs now that its untrue, because I expect absolutely nothing. Three more points should do it.
I like most palace supporters cannot believe what has happened to our form and to be honest it's actually relaxed me a lot, as above I now expect nothing.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Aren't Bolton missing some key players for the next few games?

Ngog out for the season but Sprearing back for the play offs seemingly. They've got depth though and are getting better gradually. Eagles can be a game changer I think. I'm hoping Baadiff keep it going and Bolton don't feature at all but not holding my breath

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Would much prefer we avoid Palace in the plays offs, especially the final. A defeat would be extremely painful, plus i'd rather spend a weekend in Syria than visit Croydon again for the away leg.

I think we'll play Leicester in the semis. And whoever wins that will play Watford in the final.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bored with Palace for this year now.

Just want to finish above them in the league, if possible, and that will be that.

Any opponent will be difficult in the playoffs, no need to 'over-complicate' things by adding in the palace factor, particularly if we get to Wembley.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Can't honestly see Palace making it, they'll choke

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here