Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] We need to talk about Swansman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can we lay off the Swansman critiscism now? It’s getting a bit much and personal now. Don’t understand how anyone can get quite so annoyed by someone you don’t know on an internet forum who isn’t posting anything particularly bad anyway and isn’t it good to have a different opinion to the majority on a forum? Makes it a bit more interesting I thought.

Anyway, back to the thread theme, I don’t think he will be sacked just yet but also can’t see him coming back from this in the long run. Think he will be sacked before or at the end of the season.
Well, quite. It takes all sorts to make a forum and Swanny is one of the allsorts. No problem with him. Posts some pretty interesting stuff and also a load of tosh.

Like most of us really.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Got to admit I smiled at this 😄 you’re right - not my style at all & i’m meant to be on a self ban from posting anymore but people keep quoting me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh and btw nobody started a thread on it @Cotton Socks - Bozza picked it out from the Potter thread to stop detailing it… Seems very split with what annoys people of course - that’s life - and then others piling in with opinions based on the fact they are just too cool for this sort of shit😬
Didn't realise that, it was just a thread. 🤷‍♀️ I'm way too cool for this! :lolol::lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not one person has suggested a ban from what I’ve seen (yet lots are saying that!), but more a word about the sheer volume of posts which seems to be the annoyance - that’s what is meant by saying to the mods to do the right thing..

Talking of bans, I’m posting too much on this thread so I’ve definitely banned myself now 😘

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Part of the reason he posts so much is because there's a hard-core of fans who want to debate everything he says. He most definitely has the right of reply. Quite frankly Swansman appears to win 90% of these debates hands down.

Threads like these rarely reflect well on the people doing the criticising. Swanny is very welcome here as far at I'm concerned.

I like him. Talks bollocks on occasion but if that was a banning issue there would be no posters left, certainly me included. Hugely knowledgeable on European football in particular, never seems to be overly disrespectful and I enjoy the back and forth with him. Up Potters arse for sure, but that’s a personal choice - adds to the debate.

#swansman in. If you don’t like him, put him on ignore.

Totally agree with both of these comments!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Not one person has suggested a ban from what I’ve seen (yet lots are saying that!), but more a word about the sheer volume of posts which seems to be the annoyance - that’s what is meant by saying to the mods to do the right thing..

Talking of bans, I’m posting too much on this thread so I’ve definitely banned myself now 😘
I agree he’s gone a bit nuclear on the potter threads recently

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Do you want one of the mods to scroll your screen for you or something?
Are you not able to read the bit that says’ a word about the sheer volume of posts’ or so you need the mods to read the posts out loud for you? 😜

f***, just broke my ban. It’s back on Starting….. now

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

Post numbers 3 and 21 on this thread. If it's been separated from another thread you may not have seen that. Don't ban yourself from the forum you haven't been around for ages! :)

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Are you not able to read the bit that says’ a word about the sheer volume of posts’ or so you need the mods to read the posts out loud for you? 😜

f***, just broke my ban. It’s back on Starting….. now
Well apparently I needed you to read it for me. :lolol:
I read it as meaning you were having a word about the sheer number of posts, and wanting the mods to do something about it. I think this is a sign I should go to bed. :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll leave this open until the morning so any other views are welcome, but once I'm up and about this thread will be closed down.

I'm minded to ask Swansman rein it in a bit. Well, a lot, actually. Not every post he reads needs a response.

From a quick bit of research, it looks like I can spend some cash and buy a plugin which will allow me to set a daily limit of posts that can be made by any particular user(s). I'd rather not go down this route, but there does seem to be an automated technical solution to any users who need to be a bit more considered as to when and where they post.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Emailing Barber about improving the atmosphere at a stadium he’s never visited in his life was disturbing behaviour takes all sorts I guess.
You've got to admit it was bloody funny though! :lolol:

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
The volume is a lot and as I suggested he should 'tone it down a bit', but people can just skim read like I do & decide whether to read in depth or not. If everyone on here was banned for what others consider to be a load of shite, I'd be banned! :lolol:
591 posts in 6 years , will you ever shut up :LOL: (y)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm always going to defend former and current players and staff (in particular mr Potter)... done it for 3,5 years, not stopping unless stopped. Why? You know why - they're people.

I think some people would find me a lot less annoying if this didn't turn into a Graham Potter / Chelsea forum (maybe one thread is enough?). I'm eager to discuss Brighton, football and life but there seems to be very little interest in discussing most things that aren't a relationship broken up some six months ago, and few other narratives than the one about The Fraud and The Flawless New Lady are available... I might not fit into that echo chamber. In other threads I'm pretty much like anyone.

That's all... no need to ban this account, not using it again. Have a nice weekend, hopefully with 3 good points against Liverpool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here