Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] We are no better than last season at this point FACT

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
The obvious question seems to be 'Why do you care?' As I understand it, you're not a Brighton fan, yet you're spending your time on a Brighton forum telling fans who are very happy with their manager that they are wrong to be.
Did you ever think your understanding might be wrong - people have been making false claims about me on here for a long time.

Tony Bloom's happy with his choice. We are happy with his choice. You have made it clear to us that you're not happy with his choice. Now you've said it, why carry on coming here and saying it again and again? You seem to have indicated in other posts that you live in Ireland and I assume don't come to our games, so presumably, it's no skin off your nose.
the stuff about 'going to games' was fired out before as well - I am expressing an opinion - people disagree with me which is fine - is it really necessary to keep making repeated false claims and accusations about my motivations on a football forum?

Could you answer a genuine question: If it's not just trolling, why do you feel the need to have anything to do with us?
Let's be clear - and I made this point already earlier today - I have not and do not post about Hughton on this forum - I respond to what others say about Hughton - primarily I respond to claims about Hughton that I believe are slanted or are outright false - and I produce evidence to back up my assertions. If people stopped making snide comments about the guy I wouldn't feel the need to respond. And by the way - I post on other topics on this forum as well - some people just seem to have a problem because I choose to take up the comments being made about Hughton.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Did you ever think your understanding might be wrong - people have been making false claims about me on here for a long time.

the stuff about 'going to games' was fired out before as well - I am expressing an opinion - people disagree with me which is fine - is it really necessary to keep making repeated false claims and accusations about my motivations on a football forum?

Let's be clear - and I made this point already earlier today - I have not and do not post about Hughton on this forum - I respond to what others say about Hughton - primarily I respond to claims about Hughton that I believe are slanted or are outright false - and I produce evidence to back up my assertions. If people stopped making snide comments about the guy I wouldn't feel the need to respond. And by the way - I post on other topics on this forum as well - some people just seem to have a problem because I choose to take up the comments being made about Hughton.

Are you a Brighton fan?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Christ you could bore for Britain.
Nobody gives a feck what you think.
Once again the mods let trolls like you take over this board.
Shame on them.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Klopp's comments about us between 30 and 51 seconds show that he understands why Brighton supporters would be happy with the direction of the club. His final words give me great hope. He certainly knows more about football than I do and doesn't seem to have any agenda or need to flatter us or talk up our potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKTzabYnmCU

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Klopp's comments about us between 30 and 51 seconds show that he understands why Brighton supporters would be happy with the direction of the club. His final words give me great hope. He certainly knows more about football than I do and doesn't seem to have any agenda or need to flatter us or talk up our potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKTzabYnmCU

Does he mention about his goalie having cold feet and that in future they are going to be better prepared and sellotape hot water bottles to his feet

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
That's not what you said tho which I was replying to.
You said ' Entertaining losing football soon loses its attraction.'
I would say watching some of the terrible games last season was enough to put me off footie for life.
My first Albion match was in the early seventies.although my grandad took me in the late sixties and dumped me down the front of the chicken run.

That was boring losing football which is worse.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
In a situation where a 'Yes' would have been easy and a 'No' would have been hard, you'll forgive me if I interpret your avoidance as a no.

Who do you support?

I don't answer the question for the simple reason that when I made comments questioning the sacking of Hughton and the approach of Bloom last May people automatically jumped in and drew the conclusion that I wasn't a Brighton fan - and were using this to attack, not the comments I was making but the motivation for making them. Some posters began throwing around all kinds of accusations because they disagreed with me but couldn't understand that I am entitled to differ with their opinion. I will continue to refuse to answer this question because I would argue that my comments should be taken on their merit and if you disagree with them and want to respond then play the ball and not the man. The latest crap has been about going to games - when I probably see just as many Brighton games as most posters on here (even though I live in Ireland).

I have repeatedly stated that I post on two football forums - this one and one for the Irish international teams (and I rarely post on that one). If all I was interested in doing was trolling there are easier ways and places to do it. And if I really didn't give a sh*t about Brighton why would this be the only football forum that I post on.

But hay - if people want to vent who am I to stop them - but I can be like a cranking dog with a bone when riled. Interestingly enough - I have been engaged in quite lively and interesting discussions on the election threads without any of this crap.

So you can interpret my avoidance any way you want - that is your choice - but I will continue to refuse to answer the question because I can be a stubborn bollix.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I don't answer the question for the simple reason that when I made comments questioning the sacking of Hughton and the approach of Bloom last May people automatically jumped in and drew the conclusion that I wasn't a Brighton fan - and were using this to attack, not the comments I was making but the motivation for making them. Some posters began throwing around all kinds of accusations because they disagreed with me but couldn't understand that I am entitled to differ with their opinion. I will continue to refuse to answer this question because I would argue that my comments should be taken on their merit and if you disagree with them and want to respond then play the ball and not the man. The latest crap has been about going to games - when I probably see just as many Brighton games as most posters on here (even though I live in Ireland).

I have repeatedly stated that I post on two football forums - this one and one for the Irish international teams (and I rarely post on that one). If all I was interested in doing was trolling there are easier ways and places to do it. And if I really didn't give a sh*t about Brighton why would this be the only football forum that I post on.

But hay - if people want to vent who am I to stop them - but I can be like a cranking dog with a bone when riled. Interestingly enough - I have been engaged in quite lively and interesting discussions on the election threads without any of this crap.

So you can interpret my avoidance any way you want - that is your choice - but I will continue to refuse to answer the question because I can be a stubborn bollix.

There you go again, another book when a one word answer would do.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Okay. Who do you support?

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Okay. Who do you support?
tenor.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here