Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] We are no better than last season at this point FACT

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Everyone was laughing at us towards the end of last season due to our anti football attempts. TB didn’t invest £500m to be laughed at and rightly so he had had enough of Hughton. CH made exactly the same mistake at Norwich which was somewhat baffling He didn’t believe in his squads abilities and rightly got sacked.

Seriously - Hughton had even less resources available to him at Norwich (a club that consistently attempt to play in the PL on the cheap).

He 'didn't believe in his squads abilities' - because the squad was a bottom 3 squad (and in the case of Norwich - a bottom of the pile squad).

He wasn't relegated at Norwich - they had never been in the relegation zone and were five points above relegation with five games to go - the Norwich board panicked and it got them relegated.

At Brighton Hughton kept a bottom 3 squad in the PL for two seasons running.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
No one is looking to hire GP he hasn't done anything yet!

Could have should have, becoming a common theme let's hope we don't say the same thing is we got relegated...

You have no knowledge of whether anyone might have expressed an interest in Graham Potter, neither have I. One person who would know is the man who has just given him a contract extension that he didn't ask for.

You conveniently picked up on the 'we could have won all four' in my post and ignored the 'We actually won three of them.' Well done you on smashing that straw man.

May be true but it's been a lot more entertaining

It's ice skating where you gets marks for artistic merit. Most fans are entertained when we win and not when we lose, so I really think it evens out

Everyone was laughing at us towards the end of last season due to our anti football attempts. TB didn’t invest £500m to be laughed at and rightly so he had had enough of Hughton. CH made exactly the same mistake at Norwich which was somewhat baffling He didn’t believe in his squads abilities and rightly got sacked.

Does Potter believe in Hughton's squad abilities? Not really seen it in his selections, virtually none of the flops that cost Hughton his job have been rehabilitated. In fact maybe Duffy would tell you Potter doesn't even believe in some of the players who did well under Hughton.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Does it matter we're not as good as we were at this point last season? We have a new manager getting his feet under the table. And if our old manager had carried on getting the results that got him to this good point last season, we wouldn't even have a new manager.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Does it matter we're not as good as we were at this point last season? We have a new manager getting his feet under the table. And if our old manager had carried on getting the results that got him to this good point last season, we wouldn't even have a new manager.

Precisely. Because we are a lot better than we were at this point than we were for the last 118 years. Now that’s a FACT.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The numbers don't lie, how we have offered Potter a 6 year contract is beyond me. Shocking!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7730797/Here-Premier-League-getting-season.html

Brighton (NO CHANGE)

Last season: 12th, This season: 12th

Even with a change in management, Brighton are a model of consistency in the top flight that many of their rivals could learn from.

Mirroring their points total and position from 12 months ago, Graham Potter - who signed a new deal until 2025 on Tuesday - has built on the foundations laid by his predecessor Chris Hughton and the Seagulls have taken flight.

If we are splitting hairs, the key difference between then and now is that Potter's Brighton have scored one more goal (15) than the side that took to the field 12 months ago.

With trips to Liverpool and Arsenal to come, though, things could soon slip. If they are to keep pace with 2018-19, Potter's players need maximum returns from Anfield and the Emirates Stadium.

No pressure, then.​

1000 thumbs up!!!!!!!

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006
Same results and entertaining football?! Not for me thank you! I want, nay demand the same results and insipid dull boring football!

Surely you can see we are moving forward. Was at the game today and **** me we were quality at times. Listening to scousers drooling over Propper on the walk back from the game.

So in conclusion OP, have a coke and smile and shut the f**k up! ��

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Who exactly are you a lifelong supporter of :moo:

Seagulls. I have been watching since 1964, Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean, Amex. Seen it all, many managers and many different approaches. My view is that at the end of the day it is results and points that will count. This year we have made a good start, playing entertaining football which we need to turn more into points. We are doing ok at the moment but there is much to do to stay in this division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here