Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Henderson hands in Transfer Request

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
LOOK. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS EVEN SLIGHTLY TRUE?!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :censored:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Even more the reason that we sign a proven manager to stop this stupid trend.Time for a new manager,new ideas and players.Someone who can put pressure on Knight to help fund new players.Wilkins is not the answer i don't think

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
Rich Suvner said:
couldnt agree with you more Turkey

on saturday, large sections of our support made it quite clear they were glad to have FDM as our No 1.

so are we not allowed to sing for any players now in case their understudy gets a bit pissed off? Maybe we shouldnt chant Joel Lynchs name in case it upsets Butters.

Repugnant Toad said:
What exactly has he done up to now not to deserve respect?

As far as I can see he's done everything that could be asked of him, only to be openly abused at games for the heinous crime of not being Michel Kuipers.

This perception that we're the "best fans in England" really is made to look ridiculous sometimes.

Respect is gained over a sensible period of time without too many mistakes. He has been here '5 minutes' and in the view of many people, keeps making similar mistakes that cost goals. Of course he makes good saves but so should any decent keeper. Obviously the abuse is wrong but he should use his brain and appreciate the fans feelings towards Michel and use his diplomacy skills more than apparently throwing his toys out of the pram.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
LDH said:
so are we not allowed to sing for any players now in case their understudy gets a bit pissed off? Maybe we shouldnt chant Joel Lynchs name in case it upsets Butters.

No, its a bit different. Joel Lynch plays. Butters is injured. In this instance Hendo was playing and the chanting was started as he ran over to the fans. Clearly to tell Hendo he's not liked.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
algie said:
Even more the reason that we sign a proven manager to stop this stupid trend.Time for a new manager,new ideas and players.Someone who can put pressure on Knight to help fund new players.Wilkins is not the answer i don't think
Heavens above.

We had a proven manager, and look where that got us. We have a new manager. He has new ideas. We would like new players, but none are forthcoming. And you can put all the pressure you want on Dick Knight (although I have no idea how you would do it), but if there money ain't there...

Other than that, you're right. SOMETHING MUST BE, UM, DONE. Well spotted.

Last edited:

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
Turkey said:
No, its a bit different. Joel Lynch plays. Butters is injured. In this instance Hendo was playing and the chanting was started as he ran over to the fans. Clearly to tell Hendo he's not liked.

Well that's just bollocks. I dont recall anyone chanting AT Hendo, if they did then it's a bit out of order but i dont remember that happening at all.

Feel sorry for Dean Wilkins, that was a short honeymoon period. We desperately need a feelgood performance tonight - here's hoping :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
LDH said:

No, but in the same vein, every routine save, backpass he managed to control, gentle scratching of his left arse cheek doesnt need to be met with a chorus of Michel Kuipers former Dutch Marine. Kuipers isnt going to be around forever especially given his track record with fitness, Dropping a player for being on international duty, (lets face it Hendo would have played against Brizzle City were he not away with Ireland) seems a bit harsh on a young player.

Someone mentioned respect, what more does he have to do last season he was IMENSE in goal, and him and McShane were the only reasons we werent beaten out of sight in every game, some of you lot need to take yor Kuipers tinted glasses off, there's a big wide world out there full of Goalies BETTER than Kuipers, deal with it.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
LDH said:
Well that's just bollocks. I dont recall anyone chanting AT Hendo, if they did then it's a bit out of order but i dont remember that happening at all.

Plenty of examples against Crewe I'm afraid..also ironic cheers if he caught the ball etc etc

Redhead said:
No, but in the same vein, every routine save, backpass he managed to control, gentle scratching of his left arse cheek doesnt need to be met with a chorus of Michel Kuipers former Dutch Marine. Kuipers isnt going to be around forever especially given his track record with fitness, Dropping a player for being on international duty, (lets face it Hendo would have played against Brizzle City were he not away with Ireland) seems a bit harsh on a young player.

Someone mentioned respect, what more does he have to do last season he was IMENSE in goal, and him and McShane were the only reasons we werent beaten out of sight in every game, some of you lot need to take yor Kuipers tinted glasses off, there's a big wide world out there full of Goalies BETTER than Kuipers, deal with it.

IMENSE - I don't think so - good maybe but not imense. A cliche but football is a game of opinions - there is no need for anyone to be patronising or abusive if healthy constructive debate is to take place.

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
we can argue about who's best for ever (and it feels like we have already) but he's been left out of ONE game for a keeper who even according to Mcghee was very cloase behind him. Also, the timing is terrible, it's Wilkins first game tonight and he has to deal with this shit. He could've given it a couple more games before throwing his toys out of the pram.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
LDH said:
we can argue about who's best for ever (and it feels like we have already) but he's been left out of ONE game for a keeper who even according to Mcghee was very cloase behind him. Also, the timing is terrible, it's Wilkins first game tonight and he has to deal with this shit. He could've given it a couple more games before throwing his toys out of the pram.

agreed

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
LDH said:
Nicely summed up, fully agree.
The timing of this would seem that Hendo found out this afternoon that he wasn't starting tonight either. Didn't take very long to reach his "final straw", did it.

Still, he's an "International", so I suppose we should just be grateful that we were blessed with his presence at lil' old Brighton, if only for a few precious months.

Last edited:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Easy 10 said:
Nicely summed up, fully agree.
The timing of this would seem that Hendo found out this afternoon that he wasn't starting tonight either. Didn't take very long to reach his "final straw", did it.

Still, he's an "International", so I suppose we should just be grateful that we were blessed with his presence at lil' old Brighton, if only for a few precious months.

Yep I reckon you're right about the trigger for the transfer request...his agnts has probably been filling his head with who he could go to as well. I guess BHA are seen as easy pickings at the moment

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
To me (and I may be wrong) but this whole thing smacks of overzealous agents again: "Dropped for one game? Hmm, maybe you'd be appreciated better elsewhere, my precious little INTERNATIONAL?" :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here