Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Henderson hands in Transfer Request

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can't say that I'm unhappy with this. What is an international class goalkeeper doing at a division 3 club who play at a tin-pot stadium anyhow? He's not even on-loan!

If he wants a move then give it to him - we'll get about £100k, which should be piled into the kitty for a striker. Tidy.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
A player making the No2 spot for the Republic probably thinks he deserves 1st team football, and the reality is there are plenty of young keepers in the top two leagues these days, never mind those lower down. I would think he's scared stiff about losing his international spot and is panicking. Let's hope we have someone capable of calming him down.

He probably thinks he deserves 1st team football, but Kuipers is in possesion of the shirt, so it is Henderson's job to fight for that shirt, not jump ship at the first site of not getting his own way. You were very critical of Kuipers reaction to be dropped last season, but Henderson handing in a transfer request for being dropped is pretty similar to Kuipers demanding to go out on loan.

Also the Irish do seem to have a bigger issue when it comes to keepers than England do.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Withdean Wanderer said:
So what happens when Kuipers gets his inevitable injury?:nono:
We'll do what every other division 3 club does - either get a decent keeper on loan or blood a youngster if he's ready and if there's not too much at stake.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Weird. Have we had an offical conformation of this or is it just SSN picking up a tip off from someone "in the know"

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Simster said:
We'll do what every other division 3 club does - either get a decent keeper on loan or blood a youngster if he's ready and if there's not too much at stake.

What's Will Packham up to these days?

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Simster said:
Can't say that I'm unhappy with this. What is an international class goalkeeper doing at a division 3 club who play at a tin-pot stadium anyhow? He's not even on-loan!

If he wants a move then give it to him - we'll get about £100k, which should be piled into the kitty for a striker. Tidy.

I like Hendo and some of the flak that he was getting at the Crewe game was unjustified IMHO...however I agree with Simster as I think that the FDM and Hendo are broadly the same ability-wise (although FDM's injury-history is a little worrying) so some dosh for him would be most welcome...however whether Wendy (or whoever) actually gets to use the money remains to be seen.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Trufflehound said:
What's Will Packham up to these days?
Hanging around at Esporta gym a lot of the time

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Withdean Wanderer said:
So what happens when Kuipers gets his inevitable injury?:nono:

What happens when Kuipers starts making the mistakes, which, just like Henderson, he is prone to making, and we want to turn to someone else?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
ATFC Seagull said:
What happens when Kuipers starts making the mistakes, which, just like Henderson, he is prone to making, and we want to turn to someone else?

Exactly.

Richard Martin...John Sullivan....Chris Winterton...

:eek: :eek:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
ATFC Seagull said:
We'll have a good young keeper on the bench (Sullivan or Martin) who HAVEN'T thrown a strop after being dropped for one game.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The Large One said:
Yep, well done. I know that. I meant why are you not surprised?

I do apologise. Maybe you'd like to be more specific next time.

I'm not suprised because the fans have never warmed to Henderson.

He was by the touchline taking a free-kick in the Crewe game and the fans next to him were singing 'Michel Kuipers, FDM..' in his face.

There's a complete lack of respect from the fans. Everyone goes on about his mistakes and forgets the superb saves he makes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here