Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Henderson hands in Transfer Request

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
garry nelsons left foot said:
Can you give clues? Hints? I get fed up of all these posts where people insinuate knowledge. I'm sure you're not making things up but can you not give some info? Some generalities?

I have already posted more than I should because I appriciate it is f'n annoying not to no. I dont have regular contact and know about everything either. If the club wanted to make it public, they would have, its not for me to do so. Sorry.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
How bad is the criticsim he gets? Whilst not pleasant or needed I can't imagine it's so bad that it'd drive a player out of the club. Plenty of players get abuse and I'm sure plenty get a hell of a lot more than Henderson has had.

I don't think its nice that a young player, with Int honours, gets abuse.

Hendo can move on and get another club.

I don't think someone like Mayo would find another club quite so easily.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Turkey said:
I don't think its nice that a young player, with Int honours, gets abuse.

Hendo can move on and get another club.

I don't think someone like Mayo would find another club quite so easily.

Oh, I'm not condoning abusing one of our players. Particularly one who is young, has plenty of potential and has done nothing/very little wrong. I'm just curious as to whether it's a viable excuse for wanting out.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Oh, I'm not condoning abusing one of our players. Particularly one who is young, has plenty of potential and has done nothing/very little wrong. I'm just curious as to whether it's a viable excuse for wanting out.

Viable - probably not. He should be big enough to try and win the fans confidence.

Understandable - Yes. If the fans dont like you, and you have his pedigree, **** em, you can get on with your life elsewhere.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Les Biehn said:
Well me and the Turkster must have been atthe wrong game because I was sitting next to him and thats pretty much what I saw.

Make me 3.

basic saves become world class when Kuipers does them.

he saved a one on one

Turkey said:
Viable - probably not. He should be big enough to try and win the fans confidence.

Understandable - Yes. If the fans dont like you, and you have his pedigree, **** em, you can get on with your life elsewhere.

Or you can get on with your life at the club and rise to the challenge (or ignore the fans who don't like you and maybe win them over the way it should be done - with good performances). It's not exactly 'bit between the teeth' stuff to want to leave as soon as one manager who tends to favour you is gone. Unless the Deans have told him he doesn't really have a future with us?..... then that would be different.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I will be said to see Henderson go as although I feel he is not currently as good a keeper as Kuipers, with many goalies, they do not come of age until their mid to late 20's hence the reason why goalies invariably last longer than outfield players(Zoff, Seaman, Lehmann, Kahn are ones just off the top of my head).

On the same token, I have openly critisised Henderson myself as he can be rash he is still inexperienced and to coin a phrase 'one for the future'.

If he wants to go on the transfer list then let him. At the end of the day, he is not doing himself any favours doing this when the transfer window is not open and if he goes on loan, I would be surprised if he went anywhere other than League 2/Conference which will not help his International chances.

Alsy, throwing a paddy(excuse the pun) is not going to help at Satunton is not gonna want to call up a keeper at international level who is too temperamental.

Therefore, rather than whinging Wayne and throwing a strop, you need to find a way to force your way back into the team as any player does who has not performed as well as they should be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here