Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Henderson hands in Transfer Request

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Oh deary me, if he's gone and thrown a hissy and slapped in a transfer request having been dropped for one game he really is a silly boy.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
NS Herald said:
If it's true, he should remember that you have to earn respect from the fans - you don't automatically deserve it because you are an International. Michel has done that in spades over the years. Hendo should keep his head down - work hard and get on with his job.

Don't come on here illustrating that sort of common sense.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
I know the coaching staff thought a rest would do him good following the critisism he had got of late but I think this is very immature of him to speak to his agent about it.It was inevitable that if Kuipers came back strongly in the Boston game then the pressure would mount but that is how it is in the pro game.

Very disappointed in Henderson.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
NS Herald said:
If it's true, he should remember that you have to earn respect from the fans - you don't automatically deserve it because you are an International. Michel has done that in spades over the years. Hendo should keep his head down - work hard and get on with his job.

I hate it when someone posts an articulate sensible post not full of inuendo, lies and down right mischief

BURN HIM

:flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Dies Irae said:
I hate it when someone posts an articulate sensible post not full of inuendo, lies and down right mischief

BURN HIM

:flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun

You're not worth the effort, Dave. :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pretty pathetic slapping in a transfer request in my opinion, and its something Deano could WELL do without, right at the start of him trying to make an impression to stake his claim for the job. What makes Henderson think he should be an automatic choice over Kuipers ? Competition for places is what should be driving his performances - he should be knuckling down to PROVE to Wilkins that he should be the man between the sticks this season. Instead, because he doesn't step straight back into the team for Deano's first game in charge, it seems Hendo feels his future lies elsewhere. Well if thats his attitude then good riddance.

Oh, and can we dispense with this theory that Kuipers REFUSED to sit on the bench during his spat with McGhee last year ? He did nothing of the sort. As a result of him not apologising, it was MCGHEE who subsequently took the decision to leave him out of the squad completely (as was his prerogative). I'm quite sure that if McGhee had named Kuipers on the subs bench, Kuipers would not have refused. He wasn't on strike, he just wasn't seeing eye to eye with the manager. There is a difference.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
NS Herald said:

What exactly has he done up to now not to deserve respect?

As far as I can see he's done everything that could be asked of him, only to be openly abused at games for the heinous crime of not being Michel Kuipers.

This perception that we're the "best fans in England" really is made to look ridiculous sometimes.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Perhaps this underlines the pressure McGhee was under. He must have known Hendo may react like this, hence he was due to put him back in the side against Millwall. If he'd have dropped him and this had happened everyone would have blamed McGhee for falling out with him and criticising his man management skills.

All in all a very poor show from Hendo.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Im guessing that Henderson may have some sort of clause in his contract or had an agreement with McGhee that if he was fully fit he plays. In which case playing Kuipers on sat breached the agreement. Mcghee WAS going to play hendo after all.

Again that is just speculation but possible.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Tom Hark said:
FAN POWER strikes again :lol:

Absolutely. I have no doubt in my mind that in addition to being dropped, the constant abuse and the fans reaction saturday has every importance.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Turkey said:
I do apologise. Maybe you'd like to be more specific next time.

I'm not suprised because the fans have never warmed to Henderson.

He was by the touchline taking a free-kick in the Crewe game and the fans next to him were singing 'Michel Kuipers, FDM..' in his face.

There's a complete lack of respect from the fans. Everyone goes on about his mistakes and forgets the superb saves he makes.

couldnt agree with you more Turkey

on saturday, large sections of our support made it quite clear they were glad to have FDM as our No 1.

FDM was far from amazing on sat. couple of good saves but distribution not even befitting my park kickabouts.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fourteenth Eye said:
Im guessing that Henderson may have some sort of clause in his contract or had an agreement with McGhee that if he was fully fit he plays.

Highly unlikely that would be the case, I'd have thought

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Easy 10 said:
Pretty pathetic slapping in a transfer request in my opinion, and its something Deano could WELL do without, right at the start of him trying to make an impression to stake his claim for the job. What makes Henderson think he should be an automatic choice over Kuipers ? Competition for places is what should be driving his performances - he should be knuckling down to PROVE to Wilkins that he should be the man between the sticks this season. Instead, because he doesn't step straight back into the team for Deano's first game in charge, it seems Hendo feels his future lies elsewhere. Well if thats his attitude then good riddance.

Oh, and can we dispense with this theory that Kuipers REFUSED to sit on the bench during his spat with McGhee last year ? He did nothing of the sort. As a result of him not apologising, it was MCGHEE who subsequently took the decision to leave him out of the squad completely (as was his prerogative). I'm quite sure that if McGhee had named Kuipers on the subs bench, Kuipers would not have refused. He wasn't on strike, he just wasn't seeing eye to eye with the manager. There is a difference.

Have to agree with that.Looks like another pathetic sum of money we will recieve.If this went to a tribuneral we would get quite a decent fee as his caps are taken into account

Last edited:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Repugnant Toad said:
What exactly has he done up to now not to deserve respect?

As far as I can see he's done everything that could be asked of him, only to be openly abused at games for the heinous crime of not being Michel Kuipers.

This perception that we're the "best fans in England" really is made to look ridiculous sometimes.

I found myself arguing with Albion fans who were blantantly mocking him against Crewe - I have NEVER had to do that in the 28 or so years I have been watching the Albion

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
In the immortal words of the bassist in Spinal Tap, can I ask a logistical question at this point: is he featuring at all this evening?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here