Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Wayne Couzens has pleaded guilty to murder of Sarah Everard

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I really can't offer many answers but I do know he needs to receive a whole life term and the Met need to be investigated as to how he became an Officer with, presumably being a Diplomatic Protection Officer, access to firearms.

Edit: He just got a whole life order. At least the judiciary did it's job.

I found myself wondering yesterday whether he would get a whole life tariff, and hoping he would.

The sheer awfulness of what he did to that poor girl, the dread she must have suffered, and the pre-meditated nature of it all, including the use of (or abuse of) his warrant card and handcuffs - just beyond belief.

Last edited:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
And it's not just police.

https://plan-uk.org/media-centre/almost-two-thirds-of-women-feel-unsafe-walking-alone-after-dark

Almost two thirds of adult women (63%) in Britain say they feel unsafe walking alone after dark. Almost half (48%) felt the same way when they were of school age.

This is in contrast to one third (33%) of adult men and (35%) of men when they were of school age. Men and women living in urban areas felt more unsafe than those living in rural areas. *

This means that every other woman we walk past today will feel unsafe on the streets. It means our mothers, sisters, daughters, whether they admit it or not, feel unsafe on the street. I think we need to start asking them why, and what it is that men do - consciously or unconsciously - that make them feel unsafe[/I].

Also seeing trolls threatening women with rape, because they have voiced opinion online or play football or anything else that seems to upset these cowardly *unts, does not help either.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not a great day for the Met .....

The environmental activist Kate Wilson, who was deceived into a nearly two-year relationship with an undercover officer, has won a landmark tribunal case against the Metropolitan police for breaches of her human rights.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Still being inaccurately reported by the press, even by the BBC. Her friends house wasn't in Clapham, it's in Battersea.

Mute point now, but if you want to jog memories try and get the location right.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Hope he never gets the chance to take the coward’s way out and top himself.

Hope he suffers every day of his incarceration; never being accepted by fellow inmates, constantly getting beaten up, his food spat and pissed in every meal; and made to suffer every single second of the next 30+ years.

I worked at the same company as Sarah Everard. Slightly different times, so although we didn’t overlap, I know dozens of colleagues and people who did, and when one of these incidents comes into your personal orbit - even at a degree or two’s remove - it really hits home.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
There is a big difference, I agree.

But why do two thirds of women feel unsafe when walking the streets? That's a question we have to ask.

because there is very little deterrent for would be rapists , first of all the girls have to relive the ordeal in court and still risk the perp getting a sentence of 18 months , it's a joke , you get more time for a lump of coke than you do for rape. JOKE....!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
because there is very little deterrent for would be rapists , first of all the girls have to relive the ordeal in court and still risk the perp getting a sentence of 18 months , it's a joke , you get more time for a lump of coke than you do for rape. JOKE....!

Well yes and also the shocking statistics around how few cases result in further action and certainly a prison sentence. Even the cases that do go to court take years

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

What about men who don't harass, but who still intimidate anyhow? And where does this behaviour start in men and how can it be prevented in the first place?

I think we need to go back to root causes as well as looking at what you're suggesting i.e. the punishments and how women are treated by the police.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
15 women have been killed by police in the last 12 years, the majority were 'domestic incidents'.

[tweet]1443296063373316103[/tweet]

There needs to be a lot more accountability in police forces.

Harriet Harmen is absolutely right - Cressida Dick should resign. She's been a terrible commissioner, and that's up against some pretty stiff competition.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Still, I'm sure the Metropolitan Police will fully investigate how these things have gone wrong to make sure those responsible are bought to book and these things never happen again.

Just like they did with Stephen Lawrence. And Jean Charles de Menezes. And Ian Tomlinson. And...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1443552130007248897[/tweet]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
yes , just a small percentage of ignorant ****whitts ....same as the racist idiots , there is a big difference between wolf whistling and cat calling however and kidnapping , rape and murder .....cut his nuts off and feed them to him on the BBC just after the news.....****ing **** of a man.
Wolf whistling and cat calling should both be crimes, IMO. This is where it starts - women feeling unsafe and/or uncomfortable.

How many times have you had to walk a journey that is unnecessarily twice the distance it should be because you've felt the need to take a diversion to avoid a building site, for fear of what workers on that site might say or do*? How many times have you had women driving past in a white van telling you you're a heffalump with a far arse, or that your cock looks tiny in those shorts? That's the reality for most women and young girls in this country.

*not to denigrate builders any more than any other man, it's just an example.

Last edited:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
If you can stomach it it's worth reading the judge's sentencing remarks. Partly because it explains why a whole life sentence was justified here despite not immediately fitting the criteria, but also to understand the lengths this **** went to both plan this and then try cover his tracks (whilst at the same time playing the honourable family man), and also the praise the judge gives the Met for its investigation:

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Wayne-Couzens-Sentencing-Remarks.pdf

TL;DR - if killing a police officer is grounds for a whole life sentence, the same should apply in reverse - society relies on trust in the police, someone breaching that as horrendously as Couzens did in this case is as great a breach of our social code as killing a police officer

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
A really simple way to make a woman feel less vulnerable if they are walking alone, is to cross to the other side of the road, don't walk behind them. Don't look over and walk as fast away from her as you possibly can. If you get into the mindset that she could rape and/or kill you (which can happen) then you're going to understand a little bit more how it feels.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The ROPE. He knew what he was doing. Killers kill. Take them out first.

Just to be clear, you’re saying that people who might do a murder in the future should be killed just in case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What about men who don't harass, but who still intimidate anyhow? And where does this behaviour start in men and how can it be prevented in the first place?

I think we need to go back to root causes as well as looking at what you're suggesting i.e. the punishments and how women are treated by the police.

i don't think it can be bred out of society , there are wronguns in every country , appropriate punishment would be a good start , tar and feathering , pants down birching in front of the townsfolk , these ****ers wanna be medieval then use medieval punishment on them......better than 18 months of cheap fags , play station and all the gear you can get the money for.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
i don't think it can be bred out of society , there are wronguns in every country , appropriate punishment would be a good start , tar and feathering , pants down birching in front of the townsfolk , these ****ers wanna be medieval then use medieval punishment on them......better than 18 months of cheap fags , play station and all the gear you can get the money for.

Surely Wayne is in for the worst of the worst prison sentences? Ex Met Police and a rapist will surely mean his stay will be as welcoming as a Man Utd shirt in the middle of Toxteth. It's the biggest "kick me" sign in history with i'd imagine no sympathy whatsoever from the Prison Wardens.

No punishment can come close for his crimes but he is in for a proper rough period. I'd imagine he's got bruises already and 20 more years or where that came from.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Bring back the BIRCH

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here