Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Wayne Couzens has pleaded guilty to murder of Sarah Everard

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Listening to the radio they're reporting the victim impact statements being made this afternoon by Sarah's family to the judge, prior to sentencing tomorrow.

Expressing unbridled rage towards Couzens, the feelings I'd have in their nightmarish position, not an ounce of understanding or Christian compassion for him. Expressing their anger that their Sarah spent her last hours on earth with the worst of humanity.

It won't help, but hopefully tomorrow will signal this piece of shit never experience liberty again. He's already self-harming, I hope any suicide attempts fail.

[It emerged today that Couzens made a fraudulent 'arrest' of her with handcuffs].

Really quite harrowing to read the details of how the events which led to Sarah’s death unfolded. That’s as someone who didn’t know her; quite what her loved ones must be going through is utterly incomprehensible.

The level of evil cunning and deception is diabolical, and it makes you wonder just how long this sick fùck fantasised about that night. You can only imagine it pre-dates his decision to join the police force. Ex-copper and a renowned sex offender, he’s not in for a pleasant ride in prison.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Really quite harrowing to read the details of how the events which led to Sarah’s death unfolded. That’s as someone who didn’t know her; quite what her loved ones must be going through is utterly incomprehensible.

The level of evil cunning and deception is diabolical, and it makes you wonder just how long this sick fùck fantasised about that night. You can only imagine it pre-dates his decision to join the police force. Ex-copper and a renowned sex offender, he’s not in for a pleasant ride in prison.

The prosecution believe that Couzens made his (fraudulent) arrest on the basis that Sarah was breaking Covid laws by being out and about during the pandemic.

Opportunistically exploiting the crisis, furtively planned and executed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The prosecution believe that Couzens made his (fraudulent) arrest on the basis that Sarah was breaking Covid laws by being out and about during the pandemic.

Opportunistically exploiting the crisis, furtively planned and executed.

Witnesses saw him ‘arrest’ her without suspecting it was a kidnap. It explains why he was able to take her off a busy street.

It’s terrifying and sick.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

I can’t even begin to imagine what living with the knowledge that’s what happened to your daughter in her final hours does to you and how you even function as a person.

The family already have a life sentence of pain and no punishment they give to this sick coward will ever be enough

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think I've already posted that this is very local to me, I don't live in "Clapham" and Sarah went nowhere near "Clapham" either.

She started her journey a few streets up from here, but I couldn't work out one reference to her leaving by a garden gate. Now they have released footage of where she was a few minutes later, I've worked it out.

She was highly unlikely to walked "across" the common (which is well lit anyway) and simply walked home along very well lit major roads. If she did it would be along "the Avenue" (the A205) which goes right though it.

Not "residential roads" like mine, although with these old Victorian places you'd hear a conversation outside let alone a scream.

Now completely puts the bed to me that she was a women walking alone at night where she shouldn't, it's cast Iron bullshit. You could make the same argument about a women down Queens Road in Brighton.

She took the safest route home but didn't expect to be handcuffed by one of the METs finest on a major road minutes from one of the poshest streets in the area.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think I've already posted that this is very local to me, I don't live in "Clapham" and Sarah went nowhere near "Clapham" either.

She started her journey a few streets up from here, but I couldn't work out one reference to her leaving by a garden gate. Now they have released footage of where she was a few minutes later, I've worked it out.

She was highly unlikely to walked "across" the common (which is well lit anyway) and simply walked home along very well lit major roads. If she did it would be along "the Avenue" (the A205) which goes right though it.

Not "residential roads" like mine, although with these old Victorian places you'd hear a conversation outside let alone a scream.

Now completely puts the bed to me that she was a women walking alone at night where she shouldn't, it's cast Iron bullshit. You could make the same argument about a women down Queens Road in Brighton.

She took the safest route home but didn't expect to be handcuffed by one of the METs finest on a major road minutes from one of the poshest streets in the area.

I agree. It demonstrates that to an extent, evil always wins. You just can’t safeguard against everything, there but for the grace of god go I and all that. Same argument could be said for black people being arrested by police, taken to a station and dying in custody. It shouldn’t happen. But it does. A terrible incident, I dare say he will never be released for his crime. Too high profile as well as horrific.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The footage of him on being arrested, with his initial bullshit claims that he was under duress from "a gang" to deliver a female hostage to them - wow. Is that the best he could come up with ? Just a devious, twisted piece of vermin. Having been a copper, quite how he thought he would ever get away with this just defies belief, despite his hire-car exchange antics in an to attempt to cover his tracks.

What a vile specimen of humanity. I wish him nothing but years of suffering, till he dies.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree. It demonstrates that to an extent, evil always wins. You just can’t safeguard against everything, there but for the grace of god go I and all that. Same argument could be said for black people being arrested by police, taken to a station and dying in custody. It shouldn’t happen. But it does. A terrible incident, I dare say he will never be released for his crime. Too high profile as well as horrific.

He will end up like Shipman taking his own life. He’s already tried it.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
To put him in jail for 40 years will cost the taxpayer £2m+. The benefit to the taxpayer? Nothing.

I have a better alternative. Give him a choice, because we are a free and understanding society.

Choice 1. Attach a cheese wire around his scrotum, pull it tight, and hoist him up by it. Until the point where he is hanging by his scrotum, with his full body weight pulling him down. Eventually, after a few painful hours, the cheese wire will cut through his scrotum, and he will fall to the ground, handcuffed, whereupon he will suffer a slow death as he bleeds to death through the void where his scrotum used to be.

Choice 2. Allow his new prison inmates to give him some feedback, based on his background. This chap was a copper and a rapist murderer. This choice will assure a much quicker demise.

Broadcast it on national TV. End of.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He will end up like Shipman taking his own life. He’s already tried it.

Twice.

I've now read the much fuller details (as known), one of the broadsheets has them. They will never let him out.

Let's see where this one goes:

Hours after hiring the car and buying the carpet protector, Couzens exposed himself to two female members of staff at a McDonalds drive thru restaurant in Swanley, Kent, as he made his way home from his night shift. The shocked victims reported the matter to the police and CCTV cameras were able to identify Couzens' car. But because it was not seen as a high priority case, he was not apprehended and continued to turn up to work.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Twice.

I've now read the full details (as known) one of the broadsheets has them. They will never let him out.

Let's see where this one goes:

It’s the Met. You’d hope it would be properly investigated but I doubt it will. I have no confidence in them as a force.

This original post ended up in the Bear Pit, but it was shown the police acted unlawfully against the women who held the vigil for Sarah.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...test-laws-sarah-everard-bristol-b1875735.html

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It’s the Met. You’d hope it would be properly investigated but I doubt it will. I have no confidence in them as a force.

This original post ended up in the Bear Pit, but it was shown the police acted unlawfully against the women who held the vigil for Sarah.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...test-laws-sarah-everard-bristol-b1875735.html

I was up there in the afternoon when the flowers were layed at the bandstand. Everyone socially distanced, no trouble at all.

The MET had a helicopter hovering above constantly. They get it very very wrong all the time. If somebody farts the helicopters are out.

Even last weekend when a small rag bag of anti-vax loonies turned up after their march on the common. They are so thick they decided to end their little protest with a "rave".

The police were out with their riot gear :lolol:

How did I get to "hear" about it. ****ing helicopter AGAIN.

Terrible leadership since the Stockwell shooting and arguably before.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

It always is.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just listened to Sarah Everard's mother's impact statement on Women's Hour and in tears.

There really is so much to do and I think we men have so much responsibility to end the casual misogyny in society that demeans women and creates the conditions where they are treated differently to the way that men treat men.

I know this will be an unpopular discussion, but unless we start to talk about the way in which we behave towards women, and talk about women, then we are all guilty of creating an environment where women will not experience the equality and respect that anyone should be entitled to.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What makes me so sad is that the moment he decided he was going to do this, she had no chance at all. Very few people are going to fight back against what seems like an arrest by a legit officer. At least with an attack on the street, while ****ing awful, someone may have seen the struggle and helped, or she may have known to fight back. She never had a chance.
It’s so upsetting.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just listened to Sarah Everard's mother's impact statement on Women's Hour and in tears.

There really is so much to do and I think we men have so much responsibility to end the casual misogyny in society that demeans women and creates the conditions where they are treated differently to the way that men treat men.

I know this will be an unpopular discussion, but unless we start to talk about the way in which we behave towards women, and talk about women, then we are all guilty of creating an environment where women will not experience the equality and respect that anyone should be entitled to.

I read the three statements from Sarah's parents and her sister. I am not ashamed to say I cried. Her sister, especially, challenged Couzens to look at her whilst she read it in court. Brave lady.

Their statements are here.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-58742568

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

This. The problem is I feel so powerless to know what I can do about it. I myself like to think I'm a decent person but I don't know what to do to change anything, even as a man.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Speak for yourself, maybe don't judge others?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This. The problem is I feel so powerless to know what I can do about it. I myself like to think I'm a decent person but I don't know what to do to change anything, even as a man.

I think this is it.

99.9% of men are appalled and disgusted by violence towards women.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here