Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Wayne Couzens has pleaded guilty to murder of Sarah Everard

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Tragic case and bloke clearly a nut case.

Context though. Men live in fear from men too. Getting started on , assaults , stabbings , murders.

Life isnt it

Some people are just bad eggs

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Surely Wayne is in for the worst of the worst prison sentences? Ex Met Police and a rapist will surely mean his stay will be as welcoming as a Man Utd shirt in the middle of Toxteth. It's the biggest "kick me" sign in history with i'd imagine no sympathy whatsoever from the Prison Wardens.

No punishment can come close for his crimes but he is in for a proper rough period. I'd imagine he's got bruises already and 20 more years or where that came from.

solitary and he'll neck himself within 3 months.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire

Context though. Men live in fear from men too. Getting started on , assaults , stabbings , murders.

Life isnt it

Absolutely this, Britain's most prolific serial rapist preyed on young men.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The Met are rightly being criticised for their selection process but I wonder what sort of reference his previous employer the Civil Nuclear Constabulary gave him?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The Met are rightly being criticised for their selection process but I wonder what sort of reference his previous employer the Civil Nuclear Constabulary gave him?

Is it against the law to give a bad reference as such, not sure if true probably just hearsay….

Tragic incident, so many lives broken by an evil sadistic person.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is it against the law to give a bad reference as such, not sure if true probably just hearsay….

Tragic incident, so many lives broken by an evil sadistic person.

No. I do quite often.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Police is a job for those who love violence and power. There are exceptions but lots of them are nuts and even more are scumbags.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As a general rule, it's never a good idea to change law or pay much attention to generally ill-informed/heavily prejudiced views on social media after a high profile case ... but do carry on.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As a general rule, it's never a good idea to change law or pay much attention to generally ill-informed/heavily prejudiced views on social media after a high profile case ... but do carry on.

What examples are you thinking of?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Life isnt it

Absolutely this, Britain's most prolific serial rapist preyed on young men.

So what you are saying is, correct me if I'm wrong, but, violent, sexual predatory men are the problem, yes?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
[tweet]1443552130007248897[/tweet]

Bit naive of her to be shocked by this. Human nature unfortunately.

In many workplaces it's hard to speak out and I imagine being in the policeforce, like the Army, where you need your colleagues to have your back in sticky, dangerous situations, it must be even harder to speak out. Yeah ,yeah many will say you must do so but it's harder to do than to say. All whistleblowers must be commended and protected but in reality that is often not the case.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Police is a job for those who love violence and power. There are exceptions but lots of them are nuts and even more are scumbags.

Some sweeping generalisations right there, I would say there possibly are some scumbags, but no where near a majority or large proportion. The police do an incredible job, all told, the things they do for your protection and security go unnoticed everyday, the lives they save and protect day in day out, you can never comprehend, the things they see and still get up day in day out to do the same again, all to a backdrop of hate and sweeping generalisations like yours. One day in your life, you will realise what a stupid thing you just wrote.

I won’t call you an idiot, but you are naive….

Come on, sit and think for a minute about all the worse case scenarios in life, and they deal with them, to serve you and me, to keep us safe.

Everyone can probably recount a bad incident or perceived abuse of power, but that does not make them all bad and scum all of the time. Maybe the lack of empathy towards your problem or issue or perceived heavy handedness is an over reaction after a previous call, when something tragic happened and they dealt with a loss of life or abuse, and your issue at the time was petty to them, yes that’s wrong, but highly understandable to me.

Think fella

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That is f**king unbelievable :nono:

How can anyone turn a blind eye to upskirting with a spy pen, it's so sinister and premeditated.

Whoever let him off should be investigated, more corruption swept under the carpet and on it goes :facepalm:

What I find frightening is that ‘colleagues’ know these men are doing it, but won’t grass them up or higher ups are not listening.

In the meantime, the Police Commissioner in North Yorkshire has kindly advised women to learn their rights so they can’t be ‘falsely arrested!
Great, so now we mustn’t get drunk, wear tempting clothes, walk alone, check cab drivers, but also do a course in the law now.

How about men telling men to treat women with respect?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here