Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa ticket sales suspended!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I purchased online (after hours of trying) after the ticket office announced on the phone line recorded message that sales were suspended (about 3.30 I think)

I went back to the site saw the ticket and payment reference in my purchase history and so confidently thought it was in the bag and bought my train ticket as well.

Am I deluding myself?

All depends if the online system has been selling tickets that dont exist. If the system has oversold the official allocation some unlucky people wont get a ticket only a refund.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I would be surprised if we had sold 6.5k. Can't help thinking that this is a bit of a panic scenario and that once the dust has settled everyone who wants one will get one when the club sort themselves out.

For those who have bought tickets in the Villa home stands who live in Sussex - are Villa really selling/sending them out to BN and other local postcodes?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Club Text just received:

"Thank you for purchasing your Aston Villa tickets"

:clap2:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
they told him and about 30 others behind,that they couldnt sort out anything,as they had over subscribed etc,now your the one claiming what i said was poop,i have again spoke to the gold member who said,the staff were gonna get lynched and it looked like it could get nasty,these are fact not poop,he has to wait until they sort it out,but white members on here have admitted they aleady have theirs,but he is a season ticket holder

Moonie

Jan 10, 2004
they told him and about 30 others behind,that they couldnt sort out anything,as they had over subscribed etc,now your the one claiming what i said was poop,i have again spoke to the gold member who said,the staff were gonna get lynched and it looked like it could get nasty,these are fact not poop,he has to wait until they sort it out,but white members on here have admitted they aleady have theirs,but he is a season ticket holder

if they have over subscribed, why are they back online for sale? :shrug:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm not sure a loyalty scheme is quite as easy at this level as some are pointing out.

For a start it wouldn't help anyone now, since it would take time for the system to record loyalty fairly.

On top of that all away ticket purchases would have to be made via the home club, which if done over the phone would have a booking fee added.

It's my personal opinion that loyalty should only be recorded for home purchases and things bought in the club etc..

That's why I like the current system. For those people who live far away and can't go to home games easily, they have the opportunity to put some cash into the club.

This does somewhat work against the non season ticket holding white members who spend a lot on home games. But then again, there is nothing stopping them spending the extra 20 quid (less than a home ticket) and becoming a Blue.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I would be surprised if we had sold 6.5k. Can't help thinking that this is a bit of a panic scenario and that once the dust has settled everyone who wants one will get one when the club sort themselves out.

For those who have bought tickets in the Villa home stands who live in Sussex - are Villa really selling/sending them out to BN and other local postcodes?

Villa are yes. They have national support. What would they do - ask us what year they won the European Cup.

Come on Cheeky - there is a lot of enthusiasm for this game - just because you don't share it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Just to clarify, what was he doing in the shop today ?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I purchased online (after hours of trying) after the ticket office announced on the phone line recorded message that sales were suspended (about 3.30 I think)

I went back to the site saw the ticket and payment reference in my purchase history and so confidently thought it was in the bag and bought my train ticket as well.

Am I deluding myself?

Bought my tkt this a.m and then bought train tkts for the big day.I'll be making a trip to Brighton and peeing on the replica shirts in the shop if there really is TROUBLE with my tkt.

But I'm confident it's just another blip in a blip prone system.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Anyone doing the lynching or getting nasty should be kicked out of the shop. Jesus. Some people.

Your Gold Member has had plenty of time to organise a ticket without having to resort to going in with the blue and white members.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Villa are yes. They have national support. What would they do - ask us what year they won the European Cup.

Come on Cheeky - there is a lot of enthusiasm for this game - just because you don't share it.

May be going now if I can sort it (hence the interest in home tickets), although I still doubt we've sold 6.5k already.

:thumbsup:

Jan 13, 2010
Bedfordshire
They are selling again online - surely this must mean there are tickets left as even our beloved club would have the sense to just close down the site if they had oversold (wouldn't they??)

Optimistic view
They had a panic instore and closed sales down to ensure they didn't oversell and are back selling online now they realise there are some still left.

Pessimistic view
They had oversold no one had the brains to shut down online sales and are still happily overselling.

Anyone know which it is

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Hey Cheeky!
Do you think we've sold 6.5k? Because I don't think you've mentioned it.

:smile:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
who cares,i might get a ticket in the bha end,i have deffo got tickets in the villa end,so either way ,i we see the mighty stripes:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here