Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa ticket sales suspended!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Surely this has to be wrong!

How can the club not know how many they've sold, or whether they have sold more than we have? I won't believe that until it appears on the official website.

What are the shop saying now, to come back in the morning?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Amazing! This is EVEN more fun than the ballot system of old. *eats popcorn*

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I blame the whinging bastards who carped on and on about not getting tickets for the west ham game(or was it spurs?). I hope they're happy now...

Well I was one of those because I was a STH and non-STH’s got 1st dibs so I didn’t get a ticket and was rightly outraged.

The trouble is they rightly addressed that debacle but made the process so water tight and communicated poorly that it’s collapsed under the sheer complexity of it all. Some people were flinging insults around only a few days ago, calling people morons etc but 1000+ queries by email alone, 45min+ tel.queues and now the suspension of sales really should be sufficient evidence for those persons to now eat a large portion of humble pie. If they don’t understand the current system's doesn't work, they’re clearly thick. In the meantime, Ken Brown should personally offer a profuse apology not just to the supporters but the poor bastards he’s in charge of who are getting everyone’s flak. What an utter shambles. Good luck everyone.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
What a pile of SHITE.

Not everyone can get to the club shop easily with ticket stubs, especially if you live far away or work 5/6 days a week. I also have better things to do with my time than collect little pieces of paper such as stubs, which can easily get lost (or traded if necessary).

You pay for your blue membership and take the good and the bad. Last year it wasn't really needed, but note NO grizzles from us 'bad' fans who are blues, we knew exactly what we were getting for our money when we paid it over.

As for paying £30 for membership and not going to a game all season, I doubt if there are any people in that category.

It was an idea, so get off your high horse, it doesnt have to be a stub....it could be, buy a ticket from the clubshop and they mark your name with a credit!

The fact remains, the whole membership thing in the blue membership department shits on fans who go to away games and have a white membership and that is all about the club screwing more money out of us...the fan.

There will be hundreads of so called brighton fans away at villa who youve never bloody seen before and if and only if brighton fans who actually go to games miss out, I think it takes the piss.

How do the fans who go away get rewarded then unless they buy a blue membership? I think the white membership takes the piss too.....its simple.

1. Season ticket holders get priority
2. They have their system set-up....buy a ticket home or away and gain a credit.

But no.....as that way they dont screw the money out of you. I think it takes the piss and craps on genuine albion fans and lots will miss out, I will look forward to seeing united shirts all over the place in the albion end

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
what do you think,the first day they were released
Well I fully understand why they are pissed off, but it wasn't made clear. Under what circumstances did they find out?

Was it a postal application ?

Last edited:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
It was an idea, so get off your high horse, it doesnt have to be a stub....it could be, buy a ticket from the clubshop and they mark your name with a credit!

The fact remains, the whole membership thing in the blue membership department shits on fans who go to away games and have a white membership and that is all about the club screwing more money out of us...the fan.

There will be hundreads of so called brighton fans away at villa who youve never bloody seen before and if and only if brighton fans who actually go to games miss out, I think it takes the piss.

How do the fans who go away get rewarded then unless they buy a blue membership? I think the white membership takes the piss too.....its simple.

1. Season ticket holders get priority
2. They have their system set-up....buy a ticket home or away and gain a credit.

But no.....as that way they dont screw the money out of you. I think it takes the piss and craps on genuine albion fans and lots will miss out, I will look forward to seeing united shirts all over the place in the albion end

Why wasn't anybody moaning about this ages ago then? I didn't realise being a blue member made me a bad person. I thought I was preparing for a situation like this.

D

Deleted User X18H

No joke. Graeme Smith revealed the players have to clean their own kit after training in an interview in Scotland this week.

We've known this for years. Bobby Zamora moaned about it in the Telegraph in about 2003.Robbie Savage went on about last year as well.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
I know I'm going to get shouted down but it's not like the club don't publicise the policy for these sorts of games, when they announced these memberships they said that this would be how priority works.

If some people took no notice then not much more the club can do about it! yes there will be some people who are disappointed but people who buy blue memberships and maybe don't go the rest of the season are at least still putting money into the club

Don't really agree with that. Its all too complicated, gold, blue, white away menbers, season ticket holders. Quite frankly whats wrong with Season Ticket holders, Club members (i.e you pay £10 to be classed as a club member for life) and then general sale.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
This is simple, you get so many points like other clubs for buying a season ticket and then points added every time you buy any kind of ticket the people with the most points get priority.

I do have a season ticket but I would agree that going to 10 away games a year is just as much of a show of support as a season ticket.

However please remember that buying an away ticket does not help the club financially (apart from cup games)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Did anyone really expect any different?

We are a league 1 club who have an abnormally large following for glamour ties and important away games. Our infrastructure at the moment is never going to be able to support these levels of demand.

Quite right. We get one game like this a season at best, the infrastructure won't be there until Falmer, and for now they will do their best. The club has tried to be all encompassing, and given opportunities for a wide selection of fans to get tickets, not just the STH. The down right vitreolic comments about their efforts is pretty low TBH, they ARE doing their best, and at the end of it everyone will get their tickets in prioritory.

If we were all Man U fans, Arsenal Fans, Chelsea fans, then we would probably all have had coronaries by now. They dont even try to be fair with their fans. They have high demand (like we do right now) and it is simple, if you have been to enough (all) games, have paid for enough games/schemes/memeberships, then MAYBE, just MAYBE, you might get a ticket, but tough shit if you don't. Priority is governed by the fact that you go to EVERY home game first, and paid your membership (a hell of a lot more than our Blue/White scheme), if you don't get a ticket then, then tough shit.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Don't really agree with that. Its all too complicated, gold, blue, white away menbers, season ticket holders. Quite frankly whats wrong with Season Ticket holders, Club members (i.e you pay £10 to be classed as a club member for life) and then general sale.

For life? Nah.. season by season subscription... money and it keeps people signing up say, for villa, not sucseeding but getting priority to games in a few years time..

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I may be coming at this from a slightly bias view as I have a ticket, but people need to maybe look at it in the context of us receiving an allocation which pretty well matches our average home attendance.

Would you sympathise with Man Utd fans moaning about missing out on tickets for a cup game if they were given 78,000? I suspect not.

I do think the club should operate a season ticket holders first policy alongside a 'points' system based on how many home or away tickets you have bought from the club.

However, when you miss out on an allocation which is more than most of our home games you cannot really grumble too much (bar, obviously the odd person who DOES deserve one but missed out for whatever reason).

A little bit of context never hurt anyone...

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
It is sad, but not surprising, that people are disappointed, frustrated and angry. However, how many people have missed games because they were unable to get tickets? I have been following the club since 1967 and have not missed a single game that I wanted to attend; whether it was the big games at the Goldstone when all ticket matches were once in a blue moon, Hereford away, cup ties at Withdean, the play-offs in 2004 or whatever. Like anything in life, it is important to you, you will make sure you have everything in place, if not, well I am sorry but whilst it may be important, it is obviously not important enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here