Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa ticket sales suspended!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm a superfan and have my swanky gold membership card so no worries for me.

I'll just pull up my chair, get some nibbles and watch the drama unfold.

:laugh:

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I blame the whinging bastards who carped on and on about not getting tickets for the west ham game(or was it spurs?). I hope they're happy now...

Really why is that because they asked for a fairer system to reward those who purchase a home season ticket.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I was in ticket office when they suspended sales. To be fair everyone was calm and the staff excellent. I must admit a lot of people were putting in an application for white membership and a postal application at the same time. That is the most unfair side of the ticket distribution and I think needs to be looked at (i.e. suspend new applications until tickets allocated to existing members).

The online ticket system is crap - It would not sell me a ticket for my son even though he was registered and I had baought tickets for him before.

I was in there at the same time as you then. To be honest, what really pissed off was the fact that hardly any of the pens they gave us worked, I needed 3 different pens to fill out my postal application! :rant:

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
I was in ticket office when they suspended sales. To be fair everyone was calm and the staff excellent. I must admit a lot of people were putting in an application for white membership and a postal application at the same time. That is the most unfair side of the ticket distribution and I think needs to be looked at (i.e. suspend new applications until tickets allocated to existing members).

The online ticket system is crap - It would not sell me a ticket for my son even though he was registered and I had baought tickets for him before.

I agree they were excellent. You are right about the membership problem, new membership should have been suspended at the same time as ticket details were announced and only restarted once all existing members had had a chance to buy tickets. Almost everyone in the shop when I was there seemed to be trying to sign up as members and get tickets at the same time.

Midikilledmydog

Aug 20, 2006
I agree they were excellent. You are right about the membership problem, new membership should have been suspended at the same time as ticket details were announced and only restarted once all existing members had had a chance to buy tickets. Almost everyone in the shop when I was there seemed to be trying to sign up as members and get tickets at the same time.

If their so excellent why cant one of them update the website to confirm that they've sold out

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
I was in there at the same time as you then. To be honest, what really pissed off was the fact that hardly any of the pens they gave us worked, I needed 3 different pens to fill out my postal application! :rant:

I must have picked up the 3 pens you had used! Cheers. Are these the same pens that they normally sell in the shop? If so, I don't recommend them!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Cannot sell tickets properly and players have to wash their own kit after training? What a JOKE.

Is ths a piss take - the kit thing?

Sorry i dont get it - explain pls

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
NSC never disappoints, a ticketing binfest was absolutely guaranteed the moment Skinner pulled our ball out of the box. This of course is small time in comparison to the replay binfest. I really hope we draw this game at Villa :lolol:

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings

thats because all current members were at home pressing f5

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I must have picked up the 3 pens you had used! Cheers. Are these the same pens that they normally sell in the shop? If so, I don't recommend them!

This is a serious issue, I'm almost tempted to start up a new thread.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
If their so excellent why cant one of them update the website to confirm that they've sold out

Because they were dealing with fans in the shop and trying to sort out the mess of a system they had been left with. I would also think it is a 3rd party who updates the website ?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Very true.

Seems a lot of 'New Members' have got tickets, simply because they live/work in Brighton and could get into the Ticket Office, join the scheme and purchase Tickets.

I do feel that is wrong.

These 'New' Members should have been dealt with after applications from existing members had been dealt with IMO.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Spot on - Dunno why they were actively inviting new members looking at the £ i spose. What would be funny / justice would be if many of the 'new' white members didnt get villa tickets having signed up for the membership in the last wk and given the club a tenner :)

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I know I'm going to get shouted down but it's not like the club don't publicise the policy for these sorts of games, when they announced these memberships they said that this would be how priority works.

If some people took no notice then not much more the club can do about it! yes there will be some people who are disappointed but people who buy blue memberships and maybe don't go the rest of the season are at least still putting money into the club

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Because they were dealing with fans in the shop and trying to sort out the mess of a system they had been left with. I would also think it is a 3rd party who updates the website ?

Isnt it insider that does that? He hasnt been on in a few hours so not sure what he is doing right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here