Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa ticket sales suspended!

The whole shambles is a mess and 2000 or so called albion fans will be people who havent been to a game all season, dont know the players and just want a fancy day out....but they did spend £30 on a membership...

firstly, I don't think there are 2000 blue members, secondly the 'so called' Albion fans are either Albion fans or not Albion fans, you can only be one or the other, so what if fans choose only big matches, get over it, it happens at EVERY club, do you pay to see every film at the cinema or just the ones you want to?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I am absolutely in agreement with this. The ticket office staff and Paul (Insider) have done their best to sort out tickets, and seem to have been working well outside of office hours to attempt to get things sorted. However it's apparent that the website is still amateurish. Unless they intend to bring in ANOTHER new system in the next 18 months, this is the system that we'll be using at the new ground, and it seemingly cannot handle the distribution of 6k away tickets; what hope 15k for every home game?

edit: in fact it could not handle the distribution of c2k away tickets, as 4k had already been sold to gold and blue members!

100% correct.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
could be tricky if people who went in club shop already have tickets and online people have had money taken

surely they wouldn't be so careless.....

I may be wrong but when tickets are sold online, this would show up on the system in the ticket office, making it impossible to allocate tickets to people who come in to buy

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
100% correct.

Its not so much the number of tickets, it is the way the system is being overloaded ALL at once, it also does not help when people have had accounts for ages, but never used them, or the fact people are trying to sign up once a big match that is all ticket comes along.

If Liverpool & co can manage to use this system, it indicates the problem is elsewhere

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
This shouldnt be a problem for Gold Members as we do not have 6,000 STH
thats my point,he is a gold member,and he has just been told he might not have a ticket,they have f***ed up and oversubscibed

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Did anyone really expect any different?

We are a league 1 club who have an abnormally large following for glamour ties and important away games. Our infrastructure at the moment is never going to be able to support these levels of demand.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If the club actually rewarded those who went to away games by a very simple show us your ticket stubs situation it would fine.

Season ticket holders obviously should get priority.......but the hole blue crap is a nonsence!

The whole shambles is a mess and 2000 or so called albion fans will be people who havent been to a game all season, dont know the players and just want a fancy day out....but they did spend £30 on a membership...what a joke club!

What a pile of SHITE.

Not everyone can get to the club shop easily with ticket stubs, especially if you live far away or work 5/6 days a week. I also have better things to do with my time than collect little pieces of paper such as stubs, which can easily get lost (or traded if necessary).

You pay for your blue membership and take the good and the bad. Last year it wasn't really needed, but note NO grizzles from us 'bad' fans who are blues, we knew exactly what we were getting for our money when we paid it over.

As for paying £30 for membership and not going to a game all season, I doubt if there are any people in that category.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm sure everyone did their best. I didn't get a ticket, and wasted a day trying....but I guess this will be an insight for the club as regards the problems with their system, prior to Falmer stadium being up and running. Thanks for trying Paul :clap:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sadly none of this surprises me at all after a friend went to the ticket office yesterday.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I'm sure everyone did their best. I didn't get a ticket, and wasted a day trying....but I guess this will be an insight for the club as regards the problems with their system, prior to Falmer stadium being up and running. Thanks for trying Paul :clap:

ah bless.

im sure paul and the others did indeed try their best but its yet another f*** up by the club where tickets are concerned. the oh well we did our best attitude will not get anyone through the door at falmer and we'll remain tin pot forever. :smile:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If the club actually rewarded those who went to away games by a very simple show us your ticket stubs situation it would fine.

Season ticket holders obviously should get priority.......but the hole blue crap is a nonsence!

The whole shambles is a mess and 2000 or so called albion fans will be people who havent been to a game all season, dont know the players and just want a fancy day out....but they did spend £30 on a membership...what a joke club!

It's 30 quid that goes towards the running of the club and is cheaper than alot of people pay for a home game if you include travel. It doesn't guarentee anything either, it's a non refundable gamble that gives you a slightly better chance of getting a ticket on the off chance we draw a big club in the cup.

Always seemed a good way for the loyal away crowds who rarely visit Withdean to contribute to the pot and register their support, getting bumped up the queue when need be.

I wouldn't criticise those with the sense to enrol. In any case there are nowhere near the numbers you say.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I don't have any stubs, should I not get a ticket?

"No sorry sir, no stubs, no ticket....now fcuk off"

Customer services has never been my strong point!

:laugh:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I was in ticket office when they suspended sales. To be fair everyone was calm and the staff excellent. I must admit a lot of people were putting in an application for white membership and a postal application at the same time. That is the most unfair side of the ticket distribution and I think needs to be looked at (i.e. suspend new applications until tickets allocated to existing members).

The online ticket system is crap - It would not sell me a ticket for my son even though he was registered and I had baought tickets for him before.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The other shit thing about the online system is for most games/season tickets you can't by student and concession tickets.

Roll on the empty seats at Falmer...

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
I blame the whinging bastards who carped on and on about not getting tickets for the west ham game(or was it spurs?). I hope they're happy now...

The allocation rules are simple so no grumbling. Luckily there's an ex-member of HPAC at the ticket office, so we managed to circumnavigate the system after winning honours when we planted the flag at one of Exeter's top pubs a few weeks ago.

Tickets are given out as follows (after HPAC of course)

1. Superfans (Costa and Co, Beach Hut, Mini-Me Hut, Pizza Hut and Jabba the Hut)
2. STH
3. Blues
4. Whites
5. Shites

God Bless the Queen Mum and Cass Pennant.

LP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here