Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa ticket sales suspended!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
They are selling again online - surely this must mean there are tickets left as even our beloved club would have the sense to just close down the site if they had oversold (wouldn't they??)

Optimistic view
They had a panic instore and closed sales down to ensure they didn't oversell and are back selling online now they realise there are some still left.

Pessimistic view
They had oversold no one had the brains to shut down online sales and are still happily overselling.

Anyone know which it is

if only we knew,my mates pulling his hair out

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Insider says defo not oversold, prob just getting systems in sync or something

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Another scenario is that the whole ticketing system crashed which is why sales were suspended. All those in the ticket office queue couldn't be processed until the system came back explaining why they were asked to leave a written application.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Sorry but you are wrong on this matter, i got 6 tickets this morning at the shop & that was 12.15. :shrug:
im not wrong,this is what HE was told,why would he make this up,its aparent that this was not the case,which makes it all the much amateurish

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
they told him and about 30 others behind,that they couldnt sort out anything,as they had over subscribed etc,now your the one claiming what i said was poop,i have again spoke to the gold member who said,the staff were gonna get lynched and it looked like it could get nasty,these are fact not poop,he has to wait until they sort it out,but white members on here have admitted they aleady have theirs,but he is a season ticket holder

So what was the bit about no tickets being sold since 9 this morning then ?
That sounds a bit poopy.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just to clarify Empire - your mate is a Gold member but went to the club shop to get YOU a ticket.

How did he apply for his originally ?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
So what was the bit about no tickets being sold since 9 this morning then ?
That sounds a bit poopy.

poopy lovely word,but he was told this,why would he say that?anyways its done now,im sorted just hope he is,he was going on to me how he missed the last few big games it,west ham,spurs etc,

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
too late for me i brought home ones

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
If they do what most ticketing companies do they would have split the allocation of tickets between online sales and shop sales. This avoids the situation where the same ticket is sold twice. It would also explain why they have 'over-sold' in the shop, but tickets are still available online. IF that were true the club can pull tickets from the online allocation (hence 'sales suspended' earlier) to redress the balance, before putting any remaining tickets back on sale online.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Went to buy his ticket or simply pick it up ?

Because if he went to buy it, it somewhat contradicts what you said earlier about him applying within the Gold Period.

If he went to pick a previously purchased ticket up, why ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It appears from Ask The Club that the double selling is a naughty rumour, like us having a huge transfer budget to spend.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It was an idea, so get off your high horse, it doesnt have to be a stub....it could be, buy a ticket from the clubshop and they mark your name with a credit!

The fact remains, the whole membership thing in the blue membership department shits on fans who go to away games and have a white membership and that is all about the club screwing more money out of us...the fan.

There will be hundreads of so called brighton fans away at villa who youve never bloody seen before and if and only if brighton fans who actually go to games miss out, I think it takes the piss.
How do the fans who go away get rewarded then unless they buy a blue membership? I think the white membership takes the piss too.....its simple.

1. Season ticket holders get priority
2. They have their system set-up....buy a ticket home or away and gain a credit.

But no.....as that way they dont screw the money out of you. I think it takes the piss and craps on genuine albion fans and lots will miss out, I will look forward to seeing united shirts all over the place in the albion end

Which was the problem under the old system used for Spurs and West ham- hence the change to this.

Also a loyalty points system you are suggesting is also unworkable, it raises too many questions and grounds for argument, to decide who is more loyal which is a very hard thing to judge, E.G. - Is an ex season ticket holder who hasn't been for a few seasons more loyal than someone who has been to a couple of games this season?

Does someone who may not be a Brighton supporter at heart but went to a big match in the past (West Ham / Spurs, whoever) and on the system more deserving than someone who goes regulary to away matches but has no proof and therefore not on the system because they were pay on the gate, etc

This system, while not perfect, is a good system for the club to use, everyone is aware of the situation and those who are willing to are able to get blue memberships to increase their prioity, fans who are not STH but go regularly to away games have a chance to get recognised and increase their prioirty.

Those who are only interested because its Villa are likely to be put off by the £30 charge to get the blue membership, especially if they know that there is a chance they could still miss out. The only people i can see who can really argue against this system are people who only want to go to a big match

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
why o why couldnt we just get a crap team at home a??? lot less sore fingers !!:yawn:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I guess the suspended sales was due to postal applications needing to be processed to see how many tickets were left. Otherwise how can you process them and give them a chance to get a ticket (which is probably done manually, 1 at a time) when you have an online system that sells them instantly? meaning that you could apply in the club shop at 9:30 via postal application, and lose out to someone applying online at 12:30

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Which was the problem under the old system used for Spurs and West ham- hence the change to this.

Also a loyalty points system you are suggesting is also unworkable, it raises too many questions and grounds for argument, to decide who is more loyal which is a very hard thing to judge, E.G. - Is an ex season ticket holder who hasn't been for a few seasons more loyal than someone who has been to a couple of games this season?

Does someone who may not be a Brighton supporter at heart but went to a big match in the past (West Ham / Spurs, whoever) and on the system more deserving than someone who goes regulary to away matches but has no proof and therefore not on the system because they were pay on the gate, etc

This system, while not perfect, is a good system for the club to use, everyone is aware of the situation and those who are willing to are able to get blue memberships to increase their prioity, fans who are not STH but go regularly to away games have a chance to get recognised and increase their prioirty.

Those who are only interested because its Villa are likely to be put off by the £30 charge to get the blue membership, especially if they know that there is a chance they could still miss out. The only people i can see who can really argue against this system are people who only want to go to a big match

Its really not that unworkable.

Season tickets get first dibs
Members second, those with most points have more of a chance to get tickets than those with less, you pay a fee each year to stay a member and carry your points over.

If you had a season ticket 2 years ago, so what

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Its really not that unworkable.

Season tickets get first dibs
Members second, those with most points have more of a chance to get tickets than those with less, you pay a fee each year to stay a member and carry your points over.

If you had a season ticket 2 years ago, so what

Which opens up the debate of who is more loyal, and more arguments and potential damage to the reputation of the club then the current system.

Are you reallly prepared to tell ex-season ticket holders (and potential future season ticket holders or regular attendees) that thanks but you miss out because someone went to 1 away match this season and therefore has prioity over them?

Also, How much time and effort would be involved in setting up, running and updating that system, all of which costs money, should the club do this when there are more important things to spend that money on at the moment like the ground, players etc?

What if a fan is unable to get proof that they attended an away match, (eg. no ticket stub) or those stubs get given or traded to allow someone else to register with the aim of soley getting tickets for a big game?

The current system isn't ideal (no system is) but everyone is aware of how it works and is relatively easy to understand, so whats the problem unless you think you are more deserving than anyone else?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here