Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa ticket sales suspended!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Which opens up the debate of who is more loyal, and more arguments and potential damage to the reputation of the club then the current system.

Are you reallly prepared to tell ex-season ticket holders (and potential future season ticket holders or regular attendees) that thanks but you miss out because someone went to 1 away match this season and therefore has prioity over them?

Also, How much time and effort would be involved in setting up, running and updating that system, all of which costs money, should the club do this when there are more important things to spend that money on at the moment like the ground, players etc?

What if a fan is unable to get proof that they attended an away match, (eg. no ticket stub) or those stubs get given or traded to allow someone else to register with the aim of soley getting tickets for a big game?

The current system isn't ideal (no system is) but everyone is aware of how it works and is relatively easy to understand, so whats the problem unless you think you are more deserving than anyone else?

They would know the rules, also for the fee they could carry some of the points over from the season ticket to the membership.

It really shouldnt take much time and effort at all, there are 46 league games a season, that would take someone half a day on monday to add points.

Correct me if im wrong as im unsure on this, but dont all away games go on sale via the club shop first? You will get a stub and if you lose it you only have yourself to blame. Trading it to someone else, fair enough... but what would be the point if it means you decrease your chance of getting a ticket for a bigger match.

I havent tried to get a ticket for this game so i have no agenda I just think the system is pretty average and could be a lot better.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fast forward to Falmer when the club introduces loyalty points , there will still be arguments even then because some fans who book away tickets online will have accumulated more points than those who always pay on the day. :blush:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
They would know the rules, also for the fee they could carry some of the points over from the season ticket to the membership.

It really shouldnt take much time and effort at all, there are 46 league games a season, that would take someone half a day on monday to add points.

Correct me if im wrong as im unsure on this, but dont all away games go on sale via the club shop first? You will get a stub and if you lose it you only have yourself to blame. Trading it to someone else, fair enough... but what would be the point if it means you decrease your chance of getting a ticket for a bigger match.

I havent tried to get a ticket for this game so i have no agenda I just think the system is pretty average and could be a lot better.

I don't think they all go on sale through the club shop

What about pay on the gate games? How do the clubs know who they are? or are you suggesting can you only go to an away match if you buy through the club so you appear on the system, which is a bit unrealistic.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Jesus what a load of whining there is on here tonight can't believe some of the comments

situation as I see it is simple the club have an established and clear cut policy on tickets whereby anyone with a gold or blue membership would be guaranteed a ticket for this fixture. If you are a White member or gold member who has applied with whites the risk of missing out was clear. How is it then the clubs fault that you have not either utilised your priority status or upgraded to a blue membership?

Sounds like sour grapes and as for the talk about returning to stubs what a load of shit it is 2010 for christs sake!

One thing everyone is missing in all the whining about part time fans is how encouraging it is so many people are interested in watching the Albion. let's hope they will all be back clambering for falmer tickets

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Jesus what a load of whining there is on here tonight can't believe some of the comments

situation as I see it is simple the club have an established and clear cut policy on tickets whereby anyone with a gold or blue membership would be guaranteed a ticket for this fixture. If you are a White member or gold member who has applied with whites the risk of missing out was clear. How is it then the clubs fault that you have not either utilised your priority status or upgraded to a blue membership?

Sounds like sour grapes and as for the talk about returning to stubs what a load of shit it is 2010 for christs sake!

One thing everyone is missing in all the whining about part time fans is how encouraging it is so many people are interested in watching the Albion. let's hope they will all be back clambering for falmer tickets

Well said mate :clap:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

But I have a Torquay stub, and I've been a supporter for 77 years. Surely I should get priority:angry:

Well put though!:thumbsup:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
It's only too complicated if you are as thick as pigshit

1. STH=Gold Members
2. Supporters who want priority for big matches = Blue Members
3. Anyone who can be arsed to register = White Member

What's so difficult about that?

My god your such an arseh*le!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
BYF go away and come up with the fairest system you can. With figures, expected membership etc.. and post it on here.

Don't forget to include how it would be practically implemented, including costs etc.. and how it will work at Falmer.

I look forward to your response.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don't think they all go on sale through the club shop

What about pay on the gate games? How do the clubs know who they are? or are you suggesting can you only go to an away match if you buy through the club so you appear on the system, which is a bit unrealistic.

Take your stub to the shop/ send it in to get a point?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
My problem is not with the way that the tickets are allocated but the piss poor IT solution which has made it impossible for me to apply for a ticket despite being a white member. It's a f***ing joke.

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009

Was just about to write something then saw this which sums up my thoughts pretty much entirely.

I presume by certain comments that some fans will be the same when we move into Falmer and potentially sell out games to begin with.

I can just see it now, a select few saying it's unfair that Blue members (who are happy to fork out £30 a year as opposed to a one-off £10 payment) are allowed priority for tickets, and only fans with ticket stubs to show they've been to games at Withdean, Priestfield or Goldstone, should be allowed to buy :shootself

Oct 25, 2003
i didn't trust the online method, after complaints by gold/blue members previously, and i knew that it'd be a mega rush in the morning.....my mate rang me while i was in the shop to say that the online method was f***ed and if i could get him one

a VERY annoying aspect of the experience was the amount of people filling out membership applications........they've had AGES to do this, it was quite clear that they needed to do this, so why did they wait until the moment when the queue is almost out of the door to do it? f***ing idiots

the guys at the ticket office were working their arses off and the whole thing didn't actually take that long (i got there early when the queue was shortish)

also don't understand why ticket office staff and club shop staff can't work together? the ticket office guy (and later guys) were completely overworked while the club shop lot had nothing to do...doesn't make sense to me

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
BYF go away and come up with the fairest system you can. With figures, expected membership etc.. and post it on here.

Don't forget to include how it would be practically implemented, including costs etc.. and how it will work at Falmer.

I look forward to your response.

be careful byf,hes a clever fucker

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
Being a STH, I was able to buy two tickets online over the weekend, my credit card has been charged so I expect to get them. I'm not particularly bothered as they are for someone at work (I can't make the game as I have a previous commitment that weekend). I don't think my colleague goes to many games but he does wear a pair of Albion gloves, thus proving his loyalty.

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
Albion are expecting the away allocation for the FA Cup fourth round tie at Aston Villa a week on Saturday to sell out, although Gold, Blue and White members can still apply for tickets, although the club strongly advise fans to buy online at this time.Young Seagulls may also apply, but must be accompanied by an adult Gold, Blue or White member, up to a maximum of three children per adult.All postal or hand-delivered applications will be dealt with in strict date order, but those received by 5pm today are expected to be successful. Postal applicants will receive notification, if successful, in the next few days, as all postal applications are processed. Tickets will be despatched over the course of the next few days, with the bulk expected to be sent out by close of business on Saturday.Please be patient and we politely ask that you do not telephone the ticket office to check on postal applications until next Tuesday at the earliest.

so still on sale now

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i didn't trust the online method, after complaints by gold/blue members previously, and i knew that it'd be a mega rush in the morning.....my mate rang me while i was in the shop to say that the online method was f***ed and if i could get him one

a VERY annoying aspect of the experience was the amount of people filling out membership applications........they've had AGES to do this, it was quite clear that they needed to do this, so why did they wait until the moment when the queue is almost out of the door to do it? f***ing idiots

the guys at the ticket office were working their arses off and the whole thing didn't actually take that long (i got there early when the queue was shortish)

also don't understand why ticket office staff and club shop staff can't work together? the ticket office guy (and later guys) were completely overworked while the club shop lot had nothing to do...doesn't make sense to me

i was part of that first little group of 10 at shop before opening and agree with all you said
all this moaning,how many people on here have actually failed to get a ticket for themselves?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I have a lot of respect for people who follow the Albion home & away (as I used to do years ago). I have less for those who only follow them away because they actually contribute nothing to the future of the club (putting the unquantifiable benefit of the support itself to one side). There are people who post on here who refuse to go to Withdean because they hate getting wet/lack of atmos/whatever but they do go away.

Big shit - why should you get an advantage when it comes to the big games over those who brave Wetdean every now an again? Not sure I can see the logic here.

I go to about 15 games a season, a few of those away, but I don't expect to be treated any better or worse than anyone else. But I do know that the tickets I pay for at Withdean help the club financially.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here