Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa the Largest League Away Support at the Amex?

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I agree that there should be a cap of around £25 on away tickets, to encourage as many away fans as possible. Having local public transport built into the ticket isn't much help for most away fans, as they have to pay to get here in the first place.

However, I don't think £34 is extortionate when considering the quality of football and the Amex itself. Maybe away fans tickets should be charged at £25 but not have the travel element included.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I agree that there should be a cap of around £25 on away tickets, to encourage as many away fans as possible. Having local public transport built into the ticket isn't much help for most away fans, as they have to pay to get here in the first place.

However, I don't think £34 is extortionate when considering the quality of football and the Amex itself. Maybe away fans tickets should be charged at £25 but not have the travel element included.

How is £34 not extortionate for second tier football? I really do struggle to understand how people think that.

You could buy a ticket for ANY club in the Champions League for that price. In fact you could probably buy two for most clubs for £34, and that's far higher quality football.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
How is £34 not extortionate for second tier football? I really do struggle to understand how people think that.

You could buy a ticket for ANY club in the Champions League for that price. In fact you could probably buy two for most clubs for £34, and that's far higher quality football.

More entertaining?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Yet Bloom is losing millions every year. Premier League clubs could let the fans in for free if they wanted to, but they don't. They want the best players so they can remain where they are, where we want to get to. It's ****ed.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Why should there be correlation between ticket prices and quality of football ? I pay to watch Brighton regardless of the quality. When I was a kid I spent a short time living in the north east and used to watch Darlington. Terrace tickets were the same price as Manchester Utd. I agree that ticket prices should be lower but not for your reason. It isn't cheaper to run a football club because the team is worse and in our case remember that the club runs at a loss despite very high attendances relative to capacity.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove

England is more expensive than a lot of other European countries, so you have to allow for that. The south east of England is particularly expensive, but on average, we earn more to compensate (partly). Plus, we have a stunning new stadium that is far superior to the stadiums of some of the Champions League teams.

I didn't say that £34 isn't expensive. But I don't think it's extortionate.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Yet Bloom is losing millions every year. Premier League clubs could let the fans in for free if they wanted to, but they don't. They want the best players so they can remain where they are, where we want to get to. It's ****ed.

Absolutely. The whole system is completely f*cked, like you say ticket money is pittance to most PL clubs, which makes it all even more laughable that Championship clubs have to charge what they do to even try and remain sustainable (which we aren't).

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
And?

We've drawn 0-0 before.

We have. We've also had very high scoring games before. So that kind of defeats your 'higher quality' argument. Each match varies in quality and entertainment value, regardless of the level of football.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Don't see your point. That dire stinkfest was a 'higher quality', more expensive game. All leagues have poor games, but you alluded to higher quality for the money. Really?

So you honestly don't think Man Utd and Liverpool is 'higher quality'?

Why aren't we at the top end of the Premier League then? If our games are 'higher quality'. Those teams have better players, and you should pay more to watch them.

You don't pay more to watch a film made by a bloke with an Iphone 4, as opposed to going to an Imax cinema. You don't pay more to watch Horse's race at Plumpton than you do at Cheltenham on Gold Cup day. I really struggle to see why our prices should be higher than ENGLISH clubs charge for a Champions League match.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
you can rest assured that they will take the piss , big time....if they are allowed , which they will be , don't say you weren't warned ....!! :thumbsup:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
We have. We've also had very high scoring games before. So that kind of defeats your 'higher quality' argument. Each match varies in quality and entertainment value, regardless of the level of football.

Exactly. So why should you be charged more to watch the likes of Steve Sidwell and Aly Cissokho than you should to watch Pogba and Ibrahimovich, if as you say nobody knows how the game will pan out?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Exactly. Any takers for watching the Wimbledon top tier team of the 1990s every week ? Thousands of people choose to pay to watch Brighton in division 2 when they could jump on a train and watch all that 'high quality football' in the premier league.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
So you honestly don't think Man Utd and Liverpool is 'higher quality'?

Why aren't we at the top end of the Premier League then? If our games are 'higher quality'. Those teams have better players, and you should pay more to watch them.

You don't pay more to watch a film made by a bloke with an Iphone 4, as opposed to going to an Imax cinema. You don't pay more to watch Horse's race at Plumpton than you do at Cheltenham on Gold Cup day. I really struggle to see why our prices should be higher than ENGLISH clubs charge for a Champions League match.

As I said, I go for ENTERTAINMENT and something I care about. Quality means nowt if it's boring and leaves me disinterested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here