Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa the Largest League Away Support at the Amex?

Jan 30, 2008
If only football WAS still a working class game. I used to love standing in the chicken run at the Goldstone, eating my half time steak & gristle pie, and washing it down with bovril.

Alas the money men have taken over, and those days are long gone.
ever get the feeling you're getting mugged off :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
A guy at work has been told he has to move seats for the game to allow for the extra allocation.

To be fair his seats are complimentary so he can't complain!

I can't understand why the club have given them over 10% and made BHA fans move? Were they not confident at selling to home fans? I thought the sales were going really well and the game is still 4 weeks away!

el punal

I can't understand why the club have given them over 10% and made BHA fans move? Were they not confident at selling to home fans? I thought the sales were going really well and the game is still 4 weeks away!

10% of the Amex capacity is 3,075. I hardly think an extra 125 ticket allocation is going to cause World War III. Besides it could well be that the total away allocation of 3,200 is logistically suited to ensure that all sections in the South Stand are filled with the minimum amount of seats used as a segregation barrier.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
10% of the Amex capacity is 3,075. I hardly think an extra 125 ticket allocation is going to cause World War III. Besides it could well be that the total away allocation of 3,200 is logistically suited to ensure that all sections in the South Stand are filled with the minimum amount of seats used as a segregation barrier.

Maybe you are right. But it happens very rarely that any club gets over 10% in the league. Asking home fans to move, clearly means that they could sell those seats to home supporters.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
chioceshutterstock_62223730.jpg

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's awful isn't it.

Just think, for only £6 more you could watch a great club like Leeds.

I hear the seats there are very comfortable, there are no pillars to obstruct your view and as it's out of town, they also provide complimentary bus, train or park and ride facilities. As they are challenging at the right end of the table too, I think this is much better value. Also consider that the demand from the home fans at Leeds will be so high, they will need to charge a higher price, as there might not be enough space for home fans......

Tit

Slagging off supporters for having an opinion that differs from your own, classy.

You use Dirty Leeds as an example but most clubs charge £25 or less. Dress it up however you like, £34 for a Friday evening match that is on TV is a rip-off in particular as most away fans don't benefit from the travel subsidy. Villa fans seems to be paying up so the club will feel that the price is correct in being the maximum they can fleece fans.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Slagging off supporters for having an opinion that differs from your own, classy.

You use Dirty Leeds as an example but most clubs charge £25 or less. Dress it up however you like, £34 for a Friday evening match that is on TV is a rip-off in particular as most away fans don't benefit from the travel subsidy. Villa fans seems to be paying up so the club will feel that the price is correct in being the maximum they can fleece fans.

It's £42 for a seat in the East upper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here