Status
Not open for further replies.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
*sigh*
I really can't be arsed, because you're not actually interested.
Suck up your superiority and chill.
I hate putting anyone on ignore, but I'll lump you in with Bag O'Shite and that nasty racist fella. Ciao.
You’ve started an argument and lost and are now off with your tail between your legs.
I was actually interested.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
1. Why post here?
So others are made aware this is going on and not enough is being done.
To vent my frustration of my daugher going through it.
The club have also been written to as I don't want such behaviour putting off others attending.
The kids name has not been called so what's the issue, just scroll past.

2. Why wait until half time?
I asked my daughter and she didn't feel comfortable leaving mid way through. She's anxious enough at the best of times. Yes I could've confronted them but that risks an argument which I didn't want her to see. If it were just me I would've dealt with it on the spot.
Maybe I should've raised it earlier, there you go - an imperfection in my parenting skills.

3. I've only posted a few times in many years?
I do apologise to this poster. Can I not watch and observe? I guess I'm in need of a social media mentor. Sadly from your comments, I wouldn't waste time sending your CV.

4. A poster mentioned it's only me that said it?
This was the very reason I also asked the stewards/police to ask my daughter direct so it was not 'just me' as I knew this would be claimed.
Perhaps too many people are afraid to stand up for the crap that may come with it. Fortunately I am not this person, but a person that was raised knowing right from wrong and parenting on this way too.

If I'm unfortunate enough to hear this again I will be sure to get the camera out and take minutes. Your wisdom is appreciated.

Daughter was still referring to how nasty this was til bed time. She knows right from wrong you see, the difference between parenting a child to respect v a parent that shouts blacky/I'm going to rape your arse. I thought society had moved, perhaps I need to widen my net.

It's now with the club so thanks for letting me vent! To all those of you who are against such abuse and hatred I'm thankful for the responses.

If any admin can turn off posts that would be appreciated as I don't want the good folk of you wasting your time responding to those who see this as a non issue.

* PB has replied and it's in hand. Got to give him credit - a top CEO that really does care. 👍

Some photos of out south to west switch your honours...
It’s an incredibly complex situation, I don’t think NSC is the best place to air it, BUT, your grievances are completely valid and I’m glad Paul Barber has responded, because in all truth he’s the best person to deal with this. Did I just praise Paul Barber, Christ I must be very drunk.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I assume that you, and everyone else with an opinion, has access to this child's medical records?
No, there are opinions on all threads, otherwise we won’t have a forum.
Otherwise it might seem a bit daft making wild assumptions and an autism diagnosis without theI have said I thought the child should have been removed from the stand by parents or whoever was looking after him today.
Not sure I have made any wild assumptions on autism diagnosis.

“No room for racism” said the club email today, surely that means everyone, including whoever was looking after this child today.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Think you might have massively misread the situation here (obvs I wasnt there) - but a 7 year old kid with special needs talking about "blackies" was almost certainly refering to the colour of their shirts. If they'd been in red it would probably have been "reddies".

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Not necessarily relevant. I used to teach in a school for autistic children and there was lots of swearing. You can’t really generalize about this.
Yes but being a foul mouthed bigot is not part of the diagnostic criteria for an Autism Spectrum Disorder and neither is having an ASD an excuse for the behaviour. Like you I have close personal experience with ASD and I find it quite repugnant that some seem to see the kids ASD as a mitigating factor.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Reading this thread has made me wonder at what age does autism stop being autism and becomes anti-social behaviour. After all, we only ever seem to hear about autistic children. If a nineteen year old person was spouting off about anal rape in the ground, could they use this as an excuse for this behaviour?

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Think you might have massively misread the situation here (obvs I wasnt there) - but a 7 year old kid with special needs talking about "blackies" was almost certainly refering to the colour of their shirts. If they'd been in red it would probably have been "reddies".
Good plausible explanation, how about "I am gonna rape your mother up the arse"?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The little shit should thank his lucky stars he wasn’t clipped round the ear by a copper and his parents reminded of their responsibilities. Glad Mumsnet was consulted and brat behaved in 2nd half.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Not sure about that one chief

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Reading this thread has made me wonder at what age does autism stop being autism and becomes anti-social behaviour. After all, we only ever seem to hear about autistic children. If a nineteen year old person was spouting off about anal rape in the ground, could they use this as an excuse for this behaviour?
FFS...."At what age.."??
If that's a serious question, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
The little shit should thank his lucky stars he wasn’t clipped round the ear by a copper and his parents reminded of their responsibilities. Glad Mumsnet was consulted and brat behaved in 2nd half.
Are you referring to the autistic little shit?
Perhaps you'd like to kick the crutches from an 'invalid' too? Never know...bet they can walk, really.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Yes but being a foul mouthed bigot is not part of the diagnostic criteria for an Autism Spectrum Disorder and neither is having an ASD an excuse for the behaviour. Like you I have close personal experience with ASD and I find it quite repugnant that some seem to see the kids ASD as a mitigating factor.
I'm amazed by this take. Especially with some experience. We aren't talking about your feelings. Of course it COULD be a mitigating factor. it really depends on the person.
It doesn't stop mate. Regardless of what you ever seem to hear.

Last edited:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Good plausible explanation, how about "I am gonna rape your mother up the arse"?
I’m not saying it’s not horrible but I think it makes a huge difference whether it was racist or not, especially given the thread title. Half of the posts on this thread have all jumped on the racism point (rightly, had it been that) but it could well not have been.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If a known autistic NSC member posted "vile racist language" on here should the moderators instigate a ban or tolerate it because the poster was autistic?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
If a known autistic NSC member posted "vile racist language" on here should the moderators instigate a ban or tolerate it because the poster was autistic?
You would certainly hope that if it was a known fact NSC would try and understand the circumstances behind it. In the same way the National Health Service, the Police, The Criminal Justice System, The UK educational system (rubbishly applied and failing nearly every person with a learning disability or Autism by the way) are legally obliged to make the same considerations.

I have to say, I've only been on this site since the start of this season, never really looked at it before, but some of the responses on this thread have been a real eye opener.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I've read bits of this thread and my take is this: We have no idea what part this kid's autism had on his behaviour. Sometimes autistic stimming can present something like tourettes, combine this with sensory input from the football and it may explain what was heard.

I find it hard to believe that no-one intervened though, if it had been me I would have taken the kid out of the situation and calmed them down enough to return without using such horrendous language. If it was out of their control then it would have been embarrasing and anxiety inducing for them (making the whole thing worse). If it was in their control then obviously someone should have intervened and let them know that this type of language is not acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports