Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vile racist language in the South Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
brighton_dave sorry to hear that mate. That's not good and unfortunately no-one will lift a finger. Once or twice I've been in similar situations before and I don't let them get away with behaviour like that easily (I know you had a child with you so your hands were tied). If the supposedly autistic perp is seriously disturbed why take it somwhere where it's going to cause disruption? That's similar to putting kids like that in classrooms where they disrupt the education of other children. Why should everyone else suffer because a small minority of kids have issues?

Excuse the rant but the whole thing is symptomatic of the decline of western civilization which has become anything goes, nothing is sacred, people and behaviour have no boundaries and criminals get away with blue murder. It's largely civil libertarian and leftist libertarian driven and weak politicians across the spectrum won't do anything because there's nothing in it for them. You can see why the Russians don't want it on their doorstep! Rant finished. :glare:

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've read bits of this thread and my take is this: We have no idea what part this kid's autism had on his behaviour. Sometimes autistic stimming can present something like tourettes, combine this with sensory input from the football and it may explain what was heard.

I find it hard to believe that no-one intervened though, if it had been me I would have taken the kid out of the situation and calmed them down enough to return without using such horrendous language. If it was out of their control then it would have been embarrasing and anxiety inducing for them (making the whole thing worse). If it was in their control then obviously someone should have intervened and let them know that this type of language is not acceptable.
My take exactly.

If I had taken an autistic child to a game and he was next to me shouting vile racist abuse about blackies, and RAPE threats, then we would be back on the concourse for a little chat about it PDQ. Hopefully we could then go back and watch the game, but if it continued - nah, we're out of there. I find it incomprehensible that the parent / guardian would be sat there just letting their child crack on with this for 45 minutes, happy with the caveat that "he's autistic".

Perhaps he just wasn't ready for a charged, tense atmosphere and this is what resulted in the outbursts. But you can't just let it go. Whether he means it or not, its bloody offensive and people around him should not be expected to just sit there and put up with it. Were I in the vicinity, I would certainly have had a word with the parent.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sorry to hear that mate. That's not good and unfortunately no-one will lift a finger. It's symptomatic of the decline of western civilization which has become anything goes, nothing is sacred, people and behaviour have no boundaries and criminals get away with blue murder. It's largely civil libertarian driven and weak politicians across the spectrum won't do anything because there's nothing in it for them. You can see why the Russians don't want it on their doorstep! Rant finished. :glare:
I thought that the problem with modern society was that everything is too sacred, there are too many boundaries? I thought we all harked back to the good old days where anything goes and you could say what you like because of free speech. This wouldn't have even warranted a mention back then, it would have been drowned out by all the other racism at football.

I am confused.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Sorry to hear that mate. That's not good and unfortunately no-one will lift a finger. It's symptomatic of the decline of western civilization which has become anything goes, nothing is sacred, people and behaviour have no boundaries and criminals get away with blue murder. It's largely civil libertarian driven and weak politicians across the spectrum won't do anything because there's nothing in it for them. You can see why the Russians don't want it on their doorstep! Rant finished. :glare:
Jesus Christ, what a load of genuine drivel, are you on crack or something? Why are all the prominent Australians on this forum absolutely mental? This genuinely might be the most unhinged post I’ve ever seen on here and that takes some doing.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I enjoyed the finished bit.

When you have a second you might want to take a breath and workshop some of the other bits.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
Jesus Christ, what a load of genuine drivel, are you on crack or something? Why are all the prominent Australians on this forum absolutely mental?
Because we've gone further down the path that the UK is going down and slowly but surely, many of us are taking a stand. England has also clearly deteriorated in the few years since I lived there but there's still hope for you!

:thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How long did it take you to come up with that?
When my boy was little and having meltdowns in public, the amount of times some twit would tell me to slap his legs or give him a clip round the ear was unbelievable. Sometimes when tired and emotional I would confront them but mostly I would continue to calm him and help him.

Some people are just judgemental and so fixed in their mindset that they can only conceive of one solution to a problem.

Some people tried to help though. Most people are brilliant.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Because we've gone further down the path that the UK is going down and slowly but surely, many of us are taking a stand. England has also clearly deteriorated in the few years since I lived there but there's still hope for you!

:thumbsup:
What are we taking a stand against exactly? And how are we doing it?

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
When my boy was little and having meltdowns in public, the amount of times some twit would tell me to slap his legs or give him a clip round the ear was unbelievable. Sometimes when tired and emotional I would confront them but mostly I would continue to calm him and help him.

Some people are just judgemental and so fixed in their mindset that they can only conceive of one solution to a problem.

Some people tried to help though. Most people are brilliant.
Why bring him into tight public situations where he's disruptive, offensive and open to the sort of reactions you're describing?? Oh of course, it's his and your democratic right.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Unfortunately I've not been on here for long enough to know whether you're a character. Hence the cheeky winky face. I sure hope so.

If you are, ignore this; you just said 'unfortunately no-one will lift a finger' in a thread where the moral of the story was fingers were totally lifted, and everything got broadly sorted out.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
OK then. I'm afraid that I am rather cynical and defensive when I hear autism being used as an excuse for bad behaviour. The fact that he could suddenly control himself in the second half suggests a lack of parental/responsible adult control rather than any issues that the lad may have. Autistic people usually love rules so they should make some for him.
Friend had a kid being an arse to their kids the other day and the parents weren’t near him etc and he pissed on public on the playground etc. When they told the mum she said ‘he’s autistic’. Was an absolute bullshit excuse for shit parenting imo. People play all sorts of cards to hide their behaviour these days in afraid. Black dad at a kids football match who was being an utter bellend said ‘that’s right pick on the black man’. Doing that actually doesn’t help disabilities / racism one bit - and those are the people who should be more aware of prejudice like this than anyone right…!?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Friend had a kid being an arse to their kids the other day and the parents weren’t near him etc and he pissed on public on the playground etc. When they told the mum she said ‘he’s autistic’. Was an absolute bullshit excuse for shit parenting imo. People play all sorts of cards to hide their behaviour these days in afraid. Black dad at a kids football match who was being an utter bellend said ‘that’s right pick on the black man’. Doing that actually doesn’t help disabilities / racism one bit - and those are the people who should be more aware of prejudice like this than anyone right…!?
Was he autistic? Did he know that it was wrong? Are you just projecting what you 'think' should have happened? Is it just your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here