Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] View from the away end…

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agreed, think gross was extremely unfortunate but draw was a fair result
If the ref got the decisions right, then I think a draw was fair.

Did he though? He looked to be making a lot of mistakes in their favour.

I haven't seen a replay, but at the time I thought Cucurella was pushed (2 hands, foul) before then committing a foul himself (their first goal). And plenty of less significant mistakes. I don't know whether Gross's goal was correctly given offside - I thought this season it was supposed to be a bit of a gap between the lines or some such?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Another Sunny away day to the Amex…

Always get lucky with the weather, when we play you away it seems, 11 years yesterday I burnt to a crisp on the open terrace at the withdean in ‘That game’.

Anyway… felt we rode our luck at times, another VAR call in our favour by what looks like centimetres.
Felt you were the better team for large parts of the game, we had good spells but that was about it.

Another JWP free kick, it was mad to see how the fans in the north stand acted like it was a penalty with the arm waving, trying to put him off etc.

Brighton hadn’t scored at home in how long before today? Always knew that record would be broken when I found out 😂

Burgers are good.

See you next season ✌🏻

View attachment 147236

I've got family in Southampton who are Saints fans.
About as normal as Sussex folk, but more intense staring and pointing as those metal birds that are in the sky :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Always one isn’t there…

Why the ‘stains’?

Of course we celebrated. We are shit and we were 2-0 down.

Anagrams or single letter changes for low comedy effect. Stains, Bumley, Spuds, Narwich . . . .:shrug:

Nothing Puwashian about it, you will be relieved to hear.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes attacked from behind whilst with his daughter and son . He is awake and speaking . Talk of an op tomorrow is the last message i had from his son .

Even before you posted, I wished the bloke well.

Thick as shite football thugs, have pathetically long memories of crap. The Millwall-Everton crap a year ago, ‘revenge’ for knifings 50 years ago. Yesterday …. just guessing ….. bad blood from the 2002 play off riot?

I’ve always maintained that, contrary to an urban myth, these oafs don’t operate Queensbury Rules and don’t ignore the innocent. The brick attack proves that. A coward.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
What’s with all the animosity?

Jesus Christ.

And what’s a Pompey? Irrelevant club.

Interesting viewpoint

I left a job last November, company started in Fareham, a mix of people on all levels. MOre Pompey scum than Stains, but the Pompey lads had some soul.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Really don't get this issue with Southampton? Just another Premier Team with decent supporters and fvckwits in equal proporations...

Last edited:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Even before you posted, I wished the bloke well.

Thick as shite football thugs, have pathetically long memories of crap. The Millwall-Everton crap a year ago, ‘revenge’ for knifings 50 years ago. Yesterday …. just guessing ….. bad blood from the 2002 play off riot?

I’ve always maintained that, contrary to an urban myth, these oafs don’t operate Queensbury Rules and don’t ignore the innocent. The brick attack proves that. A coward.

Nothing changes, someone I knew smuggled a brick into Maine Road back in the late 70's and luzzed it at the opposing fans.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Interesting viewpoint

I left a job last November, company started in Fareham, a mix of people on all levels. MOre Pompey scum than Stains, but the Pompey lads had some soul.

Are you sure it wasn't skate ?

skate.jpg

You can normally tell by how they approach it :wink:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Nothing changes, someone I knew smuggled a brick into Maine Road back in the late 70's and luzzed it at the opposing fans.

no need to do that at the Goldstone, I remember some lovely Leeds fans wearing SS WWII helmets throwing bits of our own terracing at us.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Another Sunny away day to the Amex…

Always get lucky with the weather, when we play you away it seems, 11 years yesterday I burnt to a crisp on the open terrace at the withdean in ‘That game’.

Anyway… felt we rode our luck at times, another VAR call in our favour by what looks like centimetres.
Felt you were the better team for large parts of the game, we had good spells but that was about it.

Another JWP free kick, it was mad to see how the fans in the north stand acted like it was a penalty with the arm waving, trying to put him off etc.

Brighton hadn’t scored at home in how long before today? Always knew that record would be broken when I found out 😂

Burgers are good.

See you next season ✌🏻

View attachment 147236

Pretty fair view of the game IMO

Game changed with your first goal which (IMO) shouldn't have happened as there was a clear foul in the build up.

Gross goal was possibly onside.

Having said that, when you equalised I said I'd take a draw - we were all over the place defensively and you had far better chances to win it than we did.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

hard to tell because the image is really low res ... but are the two lines not parallel? Looks to me from how the lines are drawn if Gross had been on the near touchline he'd have been clearly offside, but far touchline he'd have been easily onside. How The actual F can they justify using a tech solution that can't even draw the lines properly to make these sorts of judgement calls? Irrelevant as to whether the decision was right or wrong based on where the players actually were on the field, if the tech is showing a different result at different points of the line across the field then something is wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here