Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] View from the away end…

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Another away day in Brighton, and with decent weather again!

Outclassed all over, although nearly every team has done that this season ( minus Chelsea )

Congratulations on getting Europe, enjoy every second of it and if you can, get to the games! Even the ones in the most bizarre places!

Although our stint in the premier league has come to a hopefully temporary end, I think back to our ventures in Europe and they are up there with some of my best memories over the last few years.

In our second season of European football, we got what I would call a ‘Jackpot group’
Inter Milan,
Sparta Prague
Hapoel be’er Sheva ( Isreal )

To get an iconic team and see little old Southampton play in the san siro was such a special night, even if the result wasn’t great!

Then Prague… enough said!

Followed by a team
3088FE4A-F49B-4F6D-BB48-3ACAA795922C.jpeg
in the arse end of nowhere but Israel is a beautiful country!

I hope you get a cracking draw, and I hope your European adventure is more successful than ours!

P.s I think you’ve proven you really can ‘keep up’

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I was complimenting your fans to my daughter today showing her how many came despite being relegated already and playing pretty woeful football at times.

Looked like you had the whole 3k allocation. Kudos to you and the others who follow your team despite the ups and downs of being a fan.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
I was complimenting your fans to my daughter today showing her how many came despite being relegated already and playing pretty woeful football at times.

Looked like you had the whole 3k allocation. Kudos to you and the others who follow your team despite the ups and downs of being a fan.

Through the Good times, and the bad…

We’ve had a good following all year, and considering we’ve been utter garbage all season it’s good going.

Although we’ve been relegated a long time ( probably January for me ) when it was confirmed against Fulham, I was really angry / upset Saturday evening.

Sunday, it was a bit more positive and a chance for us to reset with a good clear out. We’ve lost our identity the last few years and we need to find that again.

I look at Brighton being run similar ( probably slightly better ) to us in 2012-2014. A good group of players, good manager, ambitious owners. But the negative side of that is the big clubs come snooping for your best players, normally Liverpool.

Hopefully even with some of your players moving, you can keep a good core together and replace well!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

We’ve had a good following all year, and considering we’ve been utter garbage all season it’s good going.

Although we’ve been relegated a long time ( probably January for me ) when it was confirmed against Fulham, I was really angry / upset Saturday evening.

Sunday, it was a bit more positive and a chance for us to reset with a good clear out. We’ve lost our identity the last few years and we need to find that again.

I look at Brighton being run similar ( probably slightly better ) to us in 2012-2014. A good group of players, good manager, ambitious owners. But the negative side of that is the big clubs come snooping for your best players, normally Liverpool.

Hopefully even with some of your players moving, you can keep a good core together and replace well!
Is the big problem with the downfall of yourselves & Leicester namely change of ownership ?

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove

Outclassed all over, although nearly every team has done that this season ( minus Chelsea )

Congratulations on getting Europe, enjoy every second of it and if you can, get to the games! Even the ones in the most bizarre places!

Although our stint in the premier league has come to a hopefully temporary end, I think back to our ventures in Europe and they are up there with some of my best memories over the last few years.

In our second season of European football, we got what I would call a ‘Jackpot group’
Inter Milan,
Sparta Prague

To get an iconic team and see little old Southampton play in the san siro was such a special night, even if the result wasn’t great!

Followed by a team in the arse end of nowhere but Israel is a beautiful country!

I hope you get a cracking draw, and I hope your European adventure is more successful than ours!

What a gracious post. Good luck next season.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

Inter Milan,
Sparta Prague

Followed by a team in the arse end of nowhere but Israel is a beautiful country!

Thank you bowers. I enjoyed our friendly rivalry back in League One and Championship - will always like Southampton. Proper club, have friends of relatives who are Saints fans. Good bunch and hope you come straight back up at the expense of that completely tinpot outfit Bournemouth.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Is the big problem with the downfall of yourselves & Leicester namely change of ownership ?
I can’t speak for Leicester,

But for us it’s difficult.. I would say it’s more of a collective of bad decisions, and too many chiefs.

We seem to have no real person taking accountability or responsibility for the decisions being made, and too many people having an input.

The decision to sack Ralph should have happened last summer, and the decision to hire Jones was ridiculous in our position.

Then we gave Selles the job after 1 game and a win v Chelsea…

The new ownership needed to happen, as with Gao, although it was stable… we have been extremely lucky to avoid relegation for as long as we did. The new owners said all the right things at the start..but here we are

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can’t speak for Leicester,

But for us it’s difficult.. I would say it’s more of a collective of bad decisions, and too many chiefs.

We seem to have no real person taking accountability or responsibility for the decisions being made, and too many people having an input.

The decision to sack Ralph should have happened last summer, and the decision to hire Jones was ridiculous in our position.

Then we gave Selles the job after 1 game and a win v Chelsea…

The new ownership needed to happen, as with Gao, although it was stable… we have been extremely lucky to avoid relegation for as long as we did. The new owners said all the right things at the start..but here we are

Incredible photo.

Will Ward-Prowse stay? Far and away your best player today, again, running everything. He deserves CL football, or will he do a ‘Le Tiss?

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Incredible photo.

Will Ward-Prowse stay? Far and away your best player today, again, running everything. He deserves CL football, or will he do a ‘Le Tiss?
Do you think?

I think he’s gone missing the last few months and hasn’t really stood out.

I agree he’s too good for the championship, but I’m not sure I think he’s good enough for a champions league team.

He’s off, 100%, and I think that’s best for both parties if I’m honest.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008

Classy post fella, I've got no axe to grind with yourselves after Adkins left. In fact you're a club to look up to in terms of overacheiving in recent years and promoting academy prospects - I've a suspicion you'll bounce back to the PL very soon with the quality young players you've got on the books. In fact I dislike Bournemouth far more than you guys, much more entitled fans in my experience.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I did enjoy some of the “gallows humour” chants at Brighton station waiting to head to the ground

“We’re the famous Southampton and we’re going to Rotherham”
“We’re all going on a Championship tour”
“Southampton’s relegation conga”

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Classy post fella, I've got no axe to grind with yourselves after Adkins left. In fact you're a club to look up to in terms of overacheiving in recent years and promoting academy prospects - I've a suspicion you'll bounce back to the PL very soon with the quality young players you've got on the books. In fact I dislike Bournemouth far more than you guys, much more entitled fans in my experience.
Cheers mate!

I was quite miffed by some of the comments in the build up thread ( or the relegation thread, can’t remember ) with quite a lot of dislike for us! 😂

Yeah we had a good few years, but the writings been on the wall for 3-4 years with bad signings and other bad decisions. Trying to be clever with statistics and Xg and Shit.

I think we will be in the hunt next year, but the championship is such a hard division with some big teams.. so we will see!

Will miss our yearly trip to the Amex in the Sun!

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
I did enjoy some of the “gallows humour” chants at Brighton station waiting to head to the ground

“We’re the famous Southampton and we’re going to Rotherham”
“We’re all going on a Championship tour”
“Southampton’s relegation conga”
Did you see the inflatable Poo being thrown around the away end while we sang ‘we’re f*cking Sh*t’

Attachments

• 562DB816-9FBB-4294-937F-7B980A4DF16A.jpeg
    562DB816-9FBB-4294-937F-7B980A4DF16A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 78

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Did you see the inflatable Poo being thrown around the away end while we sang ‘we’re f*cking Sh*t’
Saw that had a chuckle

Surprised me how many of your fans stayed after the final whistle and clapped our team off

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
It was refreshing how after the game everyone wandered home side by side without any obvious d!ckheads in sight.
No doubt someone will report of odd incidents but overall it felt quite sensible.
Some dickheads on the Brighton to Angmering train, but they got shut down

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Rumours all over the net now that Russell Martin is to be appointed. Does use a possession based system.
Would Saints fans be happy with that?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Always one isn’t there…

Why the ‘stains’?

Of course we celebrated. We are shit and we were 2-0 down.
Welcome back, kept up with Adkins and here we are off to Europe.

Hope you get back to the PL before too long, you can sink a bit lower and have your Pompey first though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thank you bowers. I enjoyed our friendly rivalry back in League One and Championship - will always like Southampton. Proper club, have friends of relatives who are Saints fans. Good bunch and hope you come straight back up at the expense of that completely tinpot outfit Bournemouth.
This. One of my brothers, my dad and probably my best mate are Saints fans as are a fair few of my mates going back to when I was at vi form in Winchester.

Obviously I hope you come straight back as I enjoy our games. Plus it's always lovely to think Portsmouth's closest two teams are both on another planet to that tin pot club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cheers mate!

I was quite miffed by some of the comments in the build up thread ( or the relegation thread, can’t remember ) with quite a lot of dislike for us! 😂

Yeah we had a good few years, but the writings been on the wall for 3-4 years with bad signings and other bad decisions. Trying to be clever with statistics and Xg and Shit.

I think we will be in the hunt next year, but the championship is such a hard division with some big teams.. so we will see!

Will miss our yearly trip to the Amex in the Sun!
and I'll miss an extra trip to Southampton.

I'll just be limited to occasional shopping and special occasion trips to my favourite cinema.

I'm sad to see you go, and even sadder to see you replaced by Bumley.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Inter Milan,
Sparta Prague

Fair play mate, fair play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here