Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] View from the away end…

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Well you were the only ones to stop City winning a trophy.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Do you think?

I think he’s gone missing the last few months and hasn’t really stood out.

I agree he’s too good for the championship, but I’m not sure I think he’s good enough for a champions league team.

He’s off, 100%, and I think that’s best for both parties if I’m honest.

I don’t think I’ve watched any of your non-Albion games this season, perhaps you twice destroying Arsenal’s arrogance.

I thought Ward-Prowse was annoying good second half, but for 20 minutes we had decided to do what we did against Everton and abandon any sense of defensive midfield work.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I look at Brighton being run similar ( probably slightly better ) to us in 2012-2014. A good group of players, good manager, ambitious owners. But the negative side of that is the big clubs come snooping for your best players, normally Liverpool.

Hopefully even with some of your players moving, you can keep a good core together and replace well!
Thanks.

There are a lot of things we can learn from your journey and that of Leicester a little later. Between the two clubs, world class talent such as Bale and Kante were unearthed. But sold fairly quickly.

I think it’s about taking 2 steps forward then 1 step back. We sign players in the knowledge that they will be sold on in a few years but once you lose your core (players for us such as Dunk, Webster, March, Groß & Lallana), you are in trouble. Yes we’ll probably lose Mac and Caicedo in the summer but we need to make sure that we have an identity and the club legends who retire later this decade are replaced.

It will be interesting playing you in 24/25 👍🏻

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Another away day in Brighton, and with decent weather again!

Outclassed all over, although nearly every team has done that this season ( minus Chelsea )

Congratulations on getting Europe, enjoy every second of it and if you can, get to the games! Even the ones in the most bizarre places!

Although our stint in the premier league has come to a hopefully temporary end, I think back to our ventures in Europe and they are up there with some of my best memories over the last few years.

In our second season of European football, we got what I would call a ‘Jackpot group’
Inter Milan,
Sparta Prague
Hapoel be’er Sheva ( Isreal )

To get an iconic team and see little old Southampton play in the san siro was such a special night, even if the result wasn’t great!

Then Prague… enough said!

Followed by a teamView attachment 161159 in the arse end of nowhere but Israel is a beautiful country!

I hope you get a cracking draw, and I hope your European adventure is more successful than ours!

P.s I think you’ve proven you really can ‘keep up’
You deserved to go down and I'm not being Billy Big Bollocks. You've had an awful season. I don't post on here much anymore, maybe the first couple I've done in three years or so. But you are a gracious guy in a time of real sadness for your club. I wish you well.

As for us... well f'ck me, what a season. Where did that come from? Top 6? I never dreamt that from the first day I walked into the Goldstone in 1973. My 50th anniversary and the 40th since Smith must score. Best of luck next season Bowers, but for now, today is about Brighton and Brighton fans.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Through the Good times, and the bad…

We’ve had a good following all year, and considering we’ve been utter garbage all season it’s good going.

Although we’ve been relegated a long time ( probably January for me ) when it was confirmed against Fulham, I was really angry / upset Saturday evening.

Sunday, it was a bit more positive and a chance for us to reset with a good clear out. We’ve lost our identity the last few years and we need to find that again.

I look at Brighton being run similar ( probably slightly better ) to us in 2012-2014. A good group of players, good manager, ambitious owners. But the negative side of that is the big clubs come snooping for your best players, normally Liverpool.

Hopefully even with some of your players moving, you can keep a good core together and replace well!
It seems that Southampton started going down at the point Gao Jisheng took over. Whether they had more involvement in the transfer dealings or not, I don't know. But the club seems to have gone on another course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here