Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very very poor indeed.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
wasnt there a poll on the oxford fans site about who you most wanted in the cup? and wasnt the result that everybody wanted an away trip to brighton for your cup final of the year:lolol:
f***ing joker

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I had the misfortune to watch your team today, and you were poor, with R&D making you look ordinary for large parts of the game, outplaying you.

People have said there is very little in terms of quality in terms of the top 10 n the conference and the bottom 10 of div 1. and my god was that evident today. We found that when we beat Yeovil, without too many problems a few games back in the cup.

Oh and the crowd size was embarassing, as was the ground. Never mind back to a decent stadium, larger more supportive crowds and attractive football next week. :lolol::lolol:

Spot on summary frankly

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
hahahaha f***ing scum on here with the balls to knock your temporary home and your temporary attendances.

Listen scum, your 3 sided hovel (which you dont even f***ing own) was packed to the f***ing rafters yesterday wasnt it?

Builders electricians and plumbers, thats who you couldnt beat yesterday, ready for your usual implosion after xmas? The taxi drivers and milkmen of stevenage are breathing down your non league necks.

Youve found your level, enjoy it.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Who???????

AAAHHH! As Crystal Palace don't even haven't mentioned the bha word for years. They worry about real opposition, teams with proper grounds, and fans worth thinking about. :laugh:

Please can someone decipher the above and send me the translation on a postcard?

"don't even haven't"?

Is it time to re-Photoshop our famous "Reading Runner" photo into the strip of Oxford?

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
withdean a stadium.....:laugh:

bha a team with fans....:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

We have a stadium we have filled, with attendences matching yours.:clap2:

You lot will rattle around, 6000 in a 20000+ stadium....in div 2.:laugh:

Argument won.I thank you..........

It's rather gratifying that so called "fans" , and I use the word in its loosest term, from other clubs decide to come onto our site for a freindly chat. It must say something about how poor and lacking in entertainment their own sites are. Clearly you (Spires Leaning) are not attending one of the famous centres of education that adorn your city so I will end my retort in a manner that you will understand; COCK!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Oxford. What ever happened to them, a once decent club (in terms of team and league position) that have dropped off the radar. Perhaps it was a case of a new stadium working against them, fair play to their supporters for keeping turning up in decent numbers despite having to watch non-league football...thank goodness for Robbie Reinelt.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Who???????

AAAHHH! As Crystal Palace don't even haven't mentioned the bha word for years. They worry about real opposition, teams with proper grounds, and fans worth thinking about. :laugh:

I was at Palace Scunthorpe earlier this season and Brighton sill feature in plenty of their chants. Can't imaine even Swindon sing about Oxford these days.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I keep hearing that R&D outplayed us. They didn't. We were poor, and they were poor too, and it's as simple as that.

And if you want a couple of stats:

' R&D had two shots of target all game, and they scored them both because of inadequate defending

' We won the possession percentage

It was just a crap game, and we were fortunate to be the better of two poor teams on the day
Agreed. Even their manager said they "controlled 20 minutes of the second half", or to put it another way, they had a brief spell on top of the game. And they didn't manage a shot in that time. I think it's slightly harsh to call them poor, they gave a decent account of themselves, but they are a non league side. We were dreadful, even so we had chances to have won the game more comfortably than we did.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Once decent? Had a flirt with professional football for 2 decades, now they are back in non league where they belong.

I really cant believe he has the balls to knock withdean, its your temporary home. The Kassam is a half finished soulless lego building on the edge of the shittest estate in the south of England which they dont even own.

semi professional club, semi professional ground who hit the semi big time once.

Wankers.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Oxford. What ever happened to them, a once decent club (in terms of team and league position) that have dropped off the radar. Perhaps it was a case of a new stadium working against them, fair play to their supporters for keeping turning up in decent numbers despite having to watch non-league football...thank goodness for Robbie Reinelt.

Firoz Kassam took advantage of one of those teams that was struggling with heavy debts. Screwed various creditors, sold off/redeveloped the Manor, built the Kassam stadium with no intention of looking after the playing side of things. A series of poor managerial appointments did not help - particularly Ramon Diaz .

Thankfully they have a new board, but are still at the mercy of Firoz as he owns the stadium.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Once decent? Had a flirt with professional football for 2 decades, now they are back in non league where they belong.

I really cant believe he has the balls to knock withdean, its your temporary home. The Kassam is a half finished soulless lego building on the edge of the shittest estate in the south of England which they dont even own.

semi professional club, semi professional ground who hit the semi big time once.

Wankers.
They were a first division side and won the Milk Cup in the eighties with players like Aldridge, Houghton, Magilton and dare I say it Saunders....you might not like it, but they were pretty good in their time.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
as i said they flitted once with the big time, now they are back to their natural level, they replaced accrington in the sixties to join the professional ranks, thirty years later they are back in the postmans division.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm old enough to remember watching Oxford at the Goldstone and their great 80's side. They were very good on the field.

Off the field, they struggled to hit 5 figure crowds ,and that, at the very peak of their history (lets face it, they're never going to repeat it - though getting into the PROFESSIONAL leagues will be a start). Ow, and in a stadium that makes Withdean look like the San Siro. It really was that bad.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Cue...........Number (Whatever) Barrow or Oxford Utd Vs Number (Whatever ) Brighton & Hove Albion.

Please do not let this happen. If it does at least we will see the 4th round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here