Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Valentine's Day

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
@Herr Tubthumper is a ‘good food’ expert 😉
Herr Tubthumper has an opinion. One to be respected indeed. I,m not totally convinced he has experienced all the eating establisjhments in France to give his opinion as a fact. I dont think for a moment he has claimed it as fact either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm sure you have. it is just the perception of France being "special", culinary wise, is seriously over-rated....as most 'good food' experts will confirm.
What draws me to French cuisine is that they have a lot of dishes which I really like, whether I’m in a city or up a mountain. The wines and cheeses are really nice as well. In this sense, to me at least, French cuisine is special.

The French are masters of the potato as well, no one comes close with what they can do. And I had a blast in Marseille.

I have actually booked a French restaurant for Friday, albeit in Berlin.

I’ll save my chicken breast and frogs legs joke for another time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Herr Tubthumper has an opinion. One to be respected indeed. I,m not totally convinced he has experienced all the eating establisjhments in France to give his opinion as a fact. I dont think for a moment he has claimed it as fact either.
Im a long way short but I tried my hardest in Marseille.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
After 30 years married, Mrs Wz and myself have developed a new romantic Valentine's day ritual.

Go to M&S and Waitrose, get each of their deals, decide which is best, and then get a couple more. Having got back from holiday yesterday, the next 3/4 days starter/mains/sides/desert etc will be care of the previously mentioned :thumbsup:

And it's romantic :love:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
After 30 years married, Mrs Wz and myself have developed a new romantic Valentine's day ritual.

Go to M&S and Waitrose, get each of their deals, decide which is best, and then get a couple more. Having got back from holiday yesterday, the next 3/4 days starter/mains/sides/desert etc will be care of the previously mentioned :thumbsup:

And it's romantic :love:
We celebrated our 36 years last Saturday, two days early. Went to M&S and bought loads of crispy duck, some starters and a bottle of champagne.
Lovely!

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
My ex-wife and I were living in different cities for our second valentine's day together, and she went mental because the card I'd carefully selected (and sent on time) got delayed in the post. I still look back on this as the moment I should have got out, instead of hanging around for another 15 years. Valentine's day can do one.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
My ex-wife and I were living in different cities for our second valentine's day together, and she went mental because the card I'd carefully selected (and sent on time) got delayed in the post. I still look back on this as the moment I should have got out, instead of hanging around for another 15 years. Valetine's day can do one.
I thought the idea of a valentine card was that it was anonymous and sent to a secret crush, or have I misunderstood the whole charade?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is the card I have for the Missus.

8DAF08E4-A1BC-4FD5-97B7-BB6048CAF04C.jpeg

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
My wife is now on Weight Watchers, not drinking alcohol, and we have cats that will eat anything that smells nice. So that's chocolates, champagne and flowers that are out - hence, I have treated her to a lovely pot plant for the garden...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Taking the old dear to lido, at the surf club four seasons, Miami.

Lunch, as lunch is the normal menu and not the BS rip off menu !!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Taking the old dear to lido, at the surf club four seasons, Miami.

Lunch, as lunch is the normal menu and not the BS rip off menu !!
Thought you were in London Dwayne?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here