Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Valentine's Day

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
My wife and I studiously ignore it, until she makes a sarky comment about me being unromantic. Still, we've been together for 30 years this March and married for 25 in July, so I suppose I'd better pull my finger out later in the year.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Few more weeks and you’ll be expected to shower the mother of your children with gifts and time off vouchers for Mothering Sunday, good luck
We'll be on our way back from Baku and then straight to The Amex for Forest at home.

Mother's Day will have to wait this year!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Few more weeks and you’ll be expected to shower the mother of your children with gifts and time off vouchers for Mothering Sunday, good luck
To be fair, I do get spoiled on Father's Day.

Only 4 weeks until steak & BJ day too 😜

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Best valentines day in years, dropped the wife and daughter at the airport at 6.30am.
House to myself for five days, happy days.

I did sneak a card with a picture of a bald man hugging a lady with too cherry topped cakes positioned suggestively into her check on luggage.
Jobs a good'un surely.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
As I don't eat or buy meat, they could have charged what they wanted and I wouldn't have a scoobies. In fact, I did admit that out loud so they probably did! They seem a decent bunch in there though and my daughter reckons one of them gives Mrs BC the glad eye. As long as not an extra portion of tongue, I don't mind.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Finally a gift worth having.

1707923206312.png

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
My wife and I studiously ignore it, until she makes a sarky comment about me being unromantic. Still, we've been together for 30 years this March and married for 25 in July, so I suppose I'd better pull my finger out later in the year.
Figuratively, yes?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It’s a trap.
Certainly is.

A few years ago now, during the whole Pirates of the Caribbean thing, I was seeing this woman and things were going pretty well.
So I asked her what she was hoping for on Valentine's Day and she said, why don't you come round dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow and smash my back doors in.

Well, needless to say, come the special night, she barely even mentioned the all effort and expense I'd gone to with the costume and instead just spent the whole evening moaning about the broken glass all over her kitchen floor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here