Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Valentine's Day

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
OBVIOUSLY, the soppy-hearted NSC regulars all got their thoughtful Valentine's gestures sorted WEEKS ago.

For those who didn't, this is a reminder to get your skates on if you want to avoid the doghouse.

This is also an opportunity for curmudgeons to vent their dislike of St Valentine's day and it's forced romanticism.

As a bonus, it's also an opportunity for the true romantics to brag how they shower their beloved with gifts all the time and don't need to line Clinton Cards' pockets just because it's nearly Feb 14th.

Me? A bunch of flowers, a card and any of her favourite dinners will bring a smile and brief respite from the carnage of 2 kids under 3, so that's good enough for me.

(it also guarantees a proper celebration on March the 14th, but that's just a useful side benefit :lolol:)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
This year, I'm planning on getting my mathematician girlfriend some beads for her abacus.

It's the little things that count.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I've got the day off. Getting the car MOT done.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Mrs Scoffers and I agreed many years ago not to subscribe to the hype of valentines day where flowers are twice the price like mother day. That said, it is still important to recognise each other and not take one another for granted in any way, just saying that it doesn't just need to be done on valentines day!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
miserable ****s

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Mrs Scoffers and I agreed many years ago not to subscribe to the hype of valentines day where flowers are twice the price like mother day. That said, it is still important to recognise each other and not take one another for granted in any way, just saying that it doesn't just need to be done on valentines day!
Likewise. Together 16 years but never been out on Valentines Day - just go out a few days either side. That said, this year there's a new restaurant opening on that day in the French village where we're currently living and doing a special opening offer so we've agreed to break the habit of 16 years and actually go out.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My wife told me last week not to bother getting her anything as she wasn't getting me anything. Fair enough.
Went out Friday night to Lucky Khao in St James Street to avoid the massive price hikes on Valentines day instead.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It is our 36th Wedding Anniversary today, but we avoid going out around this time because of all the Valentines hype and hike in prices.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

£75 pp, ffs​

The Ivy has a modern slavery policy and statement on their website but no mention of a Daylight Robbery policy

Valentine’s Day​

Celebrate the season of love with our three-course Valentine’s Day Menu, priced at £75 per person. Join us for an evening filled with romance, featuring dishes perfect for sharing.
Dine a duo of prawns to start with avocado and tomatoes, beautifully complemented with Marie Rose sauce. For mains, we have a choice of an array of other exquisite plates such as succulent fillet of beef, lobster linguine and coconut sweet potato curry. Finish with a touch of sweetness and enjoy our ‘Love is in the Air’ sharing dessert, with vanilla and strawberry parfait, raspberry sorbet, and salted caramel chocolate truffles.
Toast to your evening with a glass of Della Vite Prosecco Rosé on arrival, with love from The Ivy.
Available between 10 – 15 February,from 6:30pm.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
My wife told me last week not to bother getting her anything as she wasn't getting me anything. Fair enough.
Went out Friday night to Lucky Khao in St James Street to avoid the massive price hikes on Valentines day instead.
And you believe her?

Good luck with that one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here