Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Valentine's Day

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
'Get into her knickers with Interflora'

I'm sure that was an advertising slogan at one point, or did I imagine it?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Last Christmas Mrs Q and I agreed to put £150 each into a fund for a nice city break later in the year rather than buy each other presents.. I still got her some nice perfume and a few bits and she felt a bit bad about it because she didn’t get me anything. I said not to buy each other stuff today because it’s shit innit.
Just come home to a superb beer box from her and I got her f*** all.😦

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
'Get into her knickers with Interflora'

I'm sure that was an advertising slogan at one point, or did I imagine it?
It was InterFlower and it was a Viz T-Shirt
interflower.jpg

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I split my time between Canada and the UK work dependent, where my other half lives. Sadly this means we spent both Christmas and now tonight apart. Whilst Valentines Day is a commercial trap, we always make it nice with home cooked food, a romantic movie - it doesn’t have to be a consumerist hell unless you let it be.

That said, I sent her a gift - Super Mario Wonder for Switch. Something she’ll enjoy, is a “treat” she wouldn’t buy for herself, and unlike flowers aren’t already half dead.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I split my time between Canada and the UK work dependent, where my other half lives. Sadly this means we spent both Christmas and now tonight apart. Whilst Valentines Day is a commercial trap, we always make it nice with home cooked food, a romantic movie - it doesn’t have to be a consumerist hell unless you let it be.

That said, I sent her a gift - Super Mario Wonder for Switch. Something she’ll enjoy, is a “treat” she wouldn’t buy for herself, and unlike flowers aren’t already half dead.
Additional: you won’t bloody believe this, but the Amazon guy just arrived seconds after posting. It was a gift from her… Super Mario Wonder :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fair, I do get spoiled on Father's Day.

Only 4 weeks until steak & BJ day too 😜
I look forward to the steak more these days…I’m getting old.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I'm not very good at being serious. I deliberately put one the names of one of our waitresses at our local cafe on my girlfriend's card. I might live to regret this !

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Attachments

• 20240214_194105.jpg
    20240214_194105.jpg
    597 KB · Views: 34

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here