Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] US military shoots down another unidentified flying object

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Who said that they'd traveled by conventional means? I went with the notion that they were traveling at the speed of light. Maybe that's conventional to you.

Traveling back in time and engineering points in space are science fiction. If you want to believe that's happening, go ahead, but we don't have any evidence supporting it. We also don't have evidence of anything flying in a non conventional way.
Time is also conventional to us humans - life expectancy measured in Earth-years.
But other Earth-dwelling creatures have very different life expectancy - the adult crane fly is only alive for around two weeks where as humans are ~77 years, that's a factor of 2000 longer.
So what if some alien life has a conventional life expectancy of a factor of 2000 more than humans - that's 154,000 Earth Years !!
It's another scale [to us] and so traveling at the speed of light for these aliens brings a scope of travel distance far greater than our own conventional understanding

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Time is also conventional to us humans - life expectancy measured in Earth-years.
But other Earth-dwelling creatures have very different life expectancy - the adult crane fly is only alive for around two weeks where as humans are ~77 years, that's a factor of 2000 longer.
So what if some alien life has a conventional life expectancy of a factor of 2000 more than humans - that's 154,000 Earth Years !!
It's another scale [to us] and so traveling at the speed of light for these aliens brings a scope of travel distance far greater than our own conventional understanding
But nowhere have I suggested that aliens couldn't have been traveling for hundreds of years. I did say that any communication they send back to their home planet, from their findings here, would take hundreds of years. And when they left their home planet, earth wouldn't have even been sending out radio waves created by humans.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I am no conspiracy theorist, but with recent admissions by various American authorities and the military they seem to be preparing the general public for admission that there are unidentified intelligent objects visiting earth. That will spark all sorts of repercussions, including admission they cannot defend earth if these objects were hostile, and blow religion out of the water, a real change in our position in the universe as being rather insignificant.
One of the best films i ever saw " Intruders " has a line where the priest says The more wonders in the universe the greater the glory of God . So i don`t think it would have a real effect on the worlds religions , apart from the nutters of course . As for " Disclosure " that has been siphoned through to us for years now , the AATIP gun camera films were the last , possibly this is the next . :shrug:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
One of the best films i ever saw " Intruders " has a line where the priest says The more wonders in the universe the greater the glory of God . So i don`t think it would have a real effect on the worlds religions , apart from the nutters of course . As for " Disclosure " that has been siphoned through to us for years now , the AATIP gun camera films were the last , possibly this is the next . :shrug:
Yes, religion and the powers that be will manipulate anything to their advantage, that will never change.
I can see certain governments using any potential threat to spend more money on defence and keep their buddies in the arms industry wealthy and keep normal joe public scared enough to believe any old shite.

One thing is pretty certain if there are intelligent beings visiting us from afar or from the future or other dimensions, there would be feck all we could do to prevent any threat against us if they so wished to mean us harm.

I very much doubt these current objects being shot down originate from another place other than earth.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Vulcans live much longer than humans. Fact.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Valentines Day Love GIF by Sunny Bunnies

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Yes, religion and the powers that be will manipulate anything to their advantage, that will never change.
I can see certain governments using any potential threat to spend more money on defence and keep their buddies in the arms industry wealthy and keep normal joe public scared enough to believe any old shite.

One thing is pretty certain if there are intelligent beings visiting us from afar or from the future or other dimensions, there would be feck all we could do to prevent any threat against us if they so wished to mean us harm.

I very much doubt these current objects being shot down originate from another place other than earth.
Agreed , there are dozens of instances where the militaries of the world have shot at UFOs , they haven`t ended well .

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
If aliens are so smart why did they crash at Roswell ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here