Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] US mid-terms

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Trump swiping at Ron Desanctimonius already. Giving him a derogatory nickname and claiming to dish the dirt on him if he runs for President.
An evil orangebungle**** against an intelligent evil @#£] will hopefully tear the MAGA lot apart and make a path for a moderate and ethical Republican Presidential Candidate.
John Kasich, the current (or former) Governor of Ohio, was making quite good progress in the primaries in 2016, until he was sunk by the Trump avalanche. He seemed to be a genuine moderate. However, I researched him further and found that he had vetoed a proposed rapid transit scheme for the state capital Columbus. I have friends who live there, and the place is totally car-dependent. So, perhaps moderate in US/Republican Party terms, but not what we might call moderate in this country.

Last edited:

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
John Kasich, the current (or former) Governor of Ohio, was making quite good progress in the primaries in 2016, until he was sunk by the Trump avalanche. He seemed to be a genuine moderate. However, I researched him further and found that he had vetoed a proposed rapid transit scheme for the state capital Columbus. I have friends who live there, and the place is totally car-dependent. So, perhaps moderate in US/Republican Party terms, but not what we might call moderate in this country.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Hearing strong rumours Lauren Boebert has lost her seat, she's one of the biggest Trump cheerleaders going so that will be incredibly embarrassing.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Looks like it may all come down to if the people of Georgia think Herschel Walker is suitable.

He was very good at American Football. As for the rest ....

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I love how much non American people care more about these than I do lol.Not being sarcastic friends, I just cannot get up the energy if you will to care who wins or not, even though as an American will obviously affect me in the short term and long term.
American people (not being sarcastic either!) don’t seem to realise the impact on global geo-politics, fighting climate change, world trade, armed conflicts etc etc the POTUS has. Seriously it is not all about you - it effects all of us. I get that many Americans don’t give a shit about domestic politics, I know there are many many in the UK that feel the sane way about our own domestic politics, understandably so - but no one should underestimate the potentially devastating consequences that the American electorate‘s political choices for President could have on the rest of the world. These mid-terms are integral to that political process leading up to 2024.

Personally, I’m shitting myself that Trump will get back in - if he does, you can say goodbye to any semblance of efforts to combat climate change and look forward to when his bombastic attitude to the world’s despots and dictators combined with his narcissism leads us even closer to midnight on the doomsday clock.

Edit - fortunately it looks as if these mid-term results are pointing to Trump as being a liability for the GOP so hopefully moderate thinking will prevail.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I like Fetterman.

Seems like a honest politician in it to make people’s lives better and serve America rather than line his own pockets.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Hearing strong rumours Lauren Boebert has lost her seat, she's one of the biggest Trump cheerleaders going so that will be incredibly embarrassing.

There's just 62 votes in it, with another district still to come in, with Boebert trailing. I expect there to be a recount either way.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
American people (not being sarcastic either!) don’t seem to realise the impact on global geo-politics, fighting climate change, world trade, armed conflicts etc etc the POTUS has. Seriously it is not all about you - it effects all of us. I get that many Americans don’t give a shit about domestic politics, I know there are many many in the UK that feel the sane way about our own domestic politics, understandably so - but no one should underestimate the potentially devastating consequences that the American electorate‘s political choices for President could have on the rest of the world. These mid-terms are integral to that political process leading up to 2024.

Personally, I’m shitting myself that Trump will get back in - if he does, you can say goodbye to any semblance of efforts to combat climate change and look forward to when his bombastic attitude to the world’s despots and dictators combined with his narcissism leads us even closer to midnight on the doomsday clock.

Edit - fortunately it looks as if these mid-term results are pointing to Trump as being a liability for the GOP so hopefully moderate thinking will prevail.

Well said! :clap2:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Aren’t they just trying to see Trump off with Biden? If Trump gets the candidacy do they see Biden as their best chance?
Ideal outcome would be a toxic scrap between Trump and De Sant with DS winning the nomination.

Then Trump narcissism takes over and he stands as an independent and takes the GOP down with him

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Can't the Dems find someone to replace Biden?
After their relatively speaking impressive performance in the mid-terms – when typically the party in power loses seats left, right and centre – why would they? Maybe he's doing better than a lot of people say he is...?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Why would they want to? He's just delivered the most amazing set of midterm results for an incumbent party in history
Problem is two thirds of Americans don't want want him to stand again. He's just so old....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here