Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

United States of Europe....Is this what you want?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
A long slow decline from the youthfull, euphoric heights of Itchycoo idealism into the grubby middle-aged embrace of establishment materialism eh?

Come in old boy, take a seat take the weight off your feet,
I've some news to tell you, there's no longer a position for you
Sorry Smithers Jones.

Not grubby and never Euphoric, I feel that we are being economically neutered and politically manoeuvred. To some of its clear to others they know no different.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ed-States-of-Europe-says-top-EU-official.html

Looks like the unelected euro elite are going to ramp up the rhetoric over WW1 100 year commemorations.
Perhaps UKIP will really lock onto this here in the UK for the vote in May.
What do you think?
Yes, yes we do. Now. :fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing:

PS - can you and your fellow UKIP members to stop trying to recruit members to the party of the wide mouthed frog via message boards such as these, and go and bore somebody else elsewhere.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Case proved - sad recruitment attempt to a racist neo-fascist party lead by a congenital idiot.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I have no problem with the idea of the United States of Europe. Just why the flip does it have to happen so bloody quickly??? Why don't they slow it down a little, just be for a while, show us why its good to be in a USE. 'They' seem to be very much like the Green Party in Brighton and Hove whereby they seem to be just smashing in anything and everything they can, pissing everyone off in the process trying to justify thier existance rather than actually solving real problems that already exist.

Try selling yoursleves alittle Euro-shits.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Er no. Nobody wants it in any of the member states and so it won't happen. Obvious.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Yes, yes we do. Now. :fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing:

PS - can you and your fellow UKIP members to stop trying to recruit members to the party of the wide mouthed frog via message boards such as these, and go and bore somebody else elsewhere.

To put it politely ...............sod you. You have no idea how I vote and you and your like will never shut me up. Arrogant........(Bleep)

Ps it took until you, you had to get abusive so I guess I replied in kind.....shame on me!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
To put it politely ...............sod you. You have no idea how I vote and you and your like will never shut me up. Arrogant........(Bleep)
:moo::timmy::flounce::dunce::hilton::drama:

I win....

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You must be able to come up with something better than that?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
You must be able to come up with something better than that?

No because I have no wish to play games with children. No more comment with you sunshine, go play with your mindless self elsewhere. Have the last say if you wish it's uninteresting.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Sad decline in debating skills amongst the younger generation. First answer back and they go all to pieces.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
They are short term because under the WTR workers can be taken on for 17 week contracts in which time they have very little recourse in employment law. Those doing this would be all the major supermarkets, high street chains, high profile outlets on retail parks, the NHS, the Civil service, power companies, fuel companies and all the utility companies. Thus the short term contracts are being created by EU Legislation. When someone comes to the boss and says that he would like to do some overtime because Christmas is coming or they are having another child the answer is sorry, to give you to much overtime contravenes EU law. so people are engaged on short term contracts. EU employment legislation will keep the working man poor and that's where the unelected European Political Elite want him to be.

Sorry but I totally disagree that it is because of EU law that companies hire on short term contracts and should we leave the EU that suddenly all these underpaid low cost workers would all of a sudden be given long term contracts and secure jobs!??
You are peddling the same rhetoric the right wing political parties and press peddle. Somehow blaming EU legislation for holding back employment. When in fact it is completely opposite, the EU employment rights and legislation keep many more in work and the UK's economy moving than if bosses had carte blanche over all employees. If The Uk was to leave the EU, there would be more and more of these low wage jobs and more cash in the pockets of company bosses and less being spent in the shops and businesses of these very companies that employ such low wage workers. The EU is currently trying to increase the rights of any employee that is taken on regardless of contract length, so the awful conditions of these workers you describe, should improve.
Low paid workers, outsourcing creating the current downward spiral on wages and race to the bottom started in the USA and migrated to Europe. It is not a product of the EU, rather of greedy companies and fat cats.
EU employment law, whilst not being perfect, improves working conditions for workers and makes it more difficult to drop a worker after 20years service in favour of outsourcing or employing some short term low paid worker in their place.
As I said before, be careful what you wish for. The EU is not just all about weight of an apple on a market stall or street signs.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Sorry but I totally disagree that it is because of EU law that companies hire on short term contracts and should we leave the EU that suddenly all these underpaid low cost workers would all of a sudden be given long term contracts and secure jobs!??
You are peddling the same rhetoric the right wing political parties and press peddle. Somehow blaming EU legislation for holding back employment. When in fact it is completely opposite, the EU employment rights and legislation keep many more in work and the UK's economy moving than if bosses had carte blanche over all employees. If The Uk was to leave the EU, there would be more and more of these low wage jobs and more cash in the pockets of company bosses and less being spent in the shops and businesses of these very companies that employ such low wage workers. The EU is currently trying to increase the rights of any employee that is taken on regardless of contract length, so the awful conditions of these workers you describe, should improve.
Low paid workers, outsourcing creating the current downward spiral on wages and race to the bottom started in the USA and migrated to Europe. It is not a product of the EU, rather of greedy companies and fat cats.
EU employment law, whilst not being perfect, improves working conditions for workers and makes it more difficult to drop a worker after 20years service in favour of outsourcing or employing some short term low paid worker in their place.
As I said before, be careful what you wish for. The EU is not just all about weight of an apple on a market stall or street signs.

That's the ideology not the facts! Workers pay is being driven down by immigration and ruthless adherence to pathetic EU edicts.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
That's the ideology not the facts! Workers pay is being driven down by immigration and ruthless adherence to pathetic EU edicts.
In some cases a quick part time job on a short contract is just what is needed, look at students working at the Amex for instance. However this is stretching out all over companies in the uk, and it is only due to EU legislation that this is being held back. Even if we had no migration from the EU to the UK, companies would still act and try to act in a way as to maximise profits at the detriment of its employees. Many low paid, part time, short contract jobs are taken by the uk's own citizens not by foreign immigrants. Regardless of migration this would happen on our shores. This is only my opinion, yet I see the benefit of EU legislation in my job everyday. We are better with it than without it and that is not ideology.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Mine isn't. My pay is being driven up by the EU, as it allows me to work in the single market, as I have been doing so today.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No we mistake it for an unelected elite. We the people are allowed a voice but, I guess in your ideological view that fact is irrelevant? Do you agree with Europe wide electioneering for example. Are we allowed to vote for the representative of Poland? If so how will all this work? I don't want to be governed by someone I haven't had a say in! I also want the people I do have a say in to have some teeth. Under the united states of Europe without representation We/I would have neither.

In terms of voting and elections, what do you think we have in the UK at present and have had for hundreds of years? Exactly the same thing you're grizzling about now. You are led in the UK by someone you don't have the opportunity to vote for. You are not able to vote for a Prime Minister here.

You can't vote for someone in, say, Norwich in the General Election any more than you can vote for someone in Poland in the European Elections.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here