Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No I didn't see a bandage from the WSU, but I've just seen him on TV with a plaster on his head.

So you didn't notice that he was off the field for a few minutes receiving treatment either? I know it was a dull game but you should really pay more attention.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So you didn't notice that he was off the field for a few minutes receiving treatment either? I know it was a dull game but you should really pay more attention.

He was in front of me ... somebody had scratched him, hardly concussion!

If anyone is looking for excuses for his (and others) lacklustre performance I think they ought to be looking at the technical area, not his head

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Leo is a class, class player - along with Upson way out in front our best player.

But the isolated battering ram role he's been giving this season would demoralise any player. He's been the focus for our more direct play and that generally means he has to spend a lot of the time chasing fightball and getting battered by centre halves every game.

The quality of ball to his feet needs to improve, or we need to take the focus of the opposition defence off him and give him a strike partner to draw some defenders away from him.

At the moment the wide players aren't getting behind opposition defences enough, because we generally use Lingard who seems physically scared to run at defenders and risk contact, while the other wing we have the baffling Buckley, the one-paced Lopez and LuaLua when he's brought off the naughty step for a few minutes each game if he's lucky. All this is recipe for getting the worst out of Leo.

On current form when he does get the ball to his feet he often gives it away with a poor pass of his own. He was as responsible for poor play as the others you mention and he moans too much.

He is a class player but it's not showing very much these days.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Ulloa needs to stop whining to every ref at every opportunity, maybe at least try to stay on his feet and do the most basic of things that all kids are taught and play to the whistle!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Regardless of his contract situation the mistake was selling Barnes, with no decent replacement in place.
Agree,but Barnes wanted to go...that's what happens when you get a load of fans slagging you off...fans are still firing barbs at people in the club...just a different target now. I was annoyed as anyone with yesterdays performance but please...stop looking for a villain.
I'd rather think we are missing Crofty more than some realise.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Did the bandage come off then to be replaced by a plaster?
FLS last night showed him clearly wearing a plaster.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Well, he has no competition for his place so how he plays is of no consequence. He s not playing well or scoring consistently enough and as for the penalty, dreadful. Great tactical decision to take Dave off! I sometimes wonder just how clever football managers are!!!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Agree,but Barnes wanted to go...that's what happens when you get a load of fans slagging you off...fans are still firing barbs at people in the club...just a different target now. I was annoyed as anyone with yesterdays performance but please...stop looking for a villain.
I'd rather think we are missing Crofty more than some realise.

The lack of strikers is a strategic failing on behalf of the club management, the manager has very limited choices, with Barnes gone the scramble for a replacement was lamentable and brought us Obika and now Jesse, neither are what we want. The slump has actually coincided with Jesse arrival, not linked I don't believe. Lack of planning by the director of football has left the club short of vital players three loan strikers, non actually fitting what we want. Its not Oscar that should be shouldering the this but Burke.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Did the bandage come off then to be replaced by a plaster?
FLS last night showed him clearly wearing a plaster.

I saw him tear it off later on in the second half, frustration must have been getting to him.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Great tactical decision to take Dave off! I sometimes wonder just how clever football managers are!!!

So you think that Dave should play 90 minutes every game in case we get a penalty ?

Immediately it happened Ulloa wanted it, picked up the ball and waved others away. Then he blew it. It happens

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Dave hasn't missed a penalty for the club, Ulloa has missed them previously and is not on form, apart from JFC for Buckley I found the substitutions strange. It appears that whenever the North Stand sings Lua Lua the manager responds. In response to your question there was no need to take Dave off.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Two strikers, two strikers, two strikers, two strikers, two strikers....repeat to fade.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Gets muscled off the ball too easily and whinges at the ref, not good enough! He is not a prolific goal scorer all of his goals my bloody gran could of tapped in!

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Not going to trawl thru all the threads on this but in my opinion he has been sussed out as for the first 15 minutes of the last two games the opposing centre backs have basically given him a battering and then for rest of the game he is always going to appeal for a free kick or be waiting for one of them to come through him at sometime . And his game tails off from then on

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
A striker missing a penalty, that badly aswell gives me no hope. He's useless on his feet, he just gets lucky with his head a lot. Shame as when he first joined he was absolutely amazing

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A striker missing a penalty, that badly aswell gives me no hope. He's useless on his feet, he just gets lucky with his head a lot. Shame as when he first joined he was absolutely amazing
As with many other players he appears to have gone backwards which surely would be down to the coaching now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here