Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
I would have thought that Andrews would have been , a better bet. He is experienced and taken them for Ireland and our season rested on that kick so his experience would have helped.à

Your probably right. Oscar said it on BBC sussex after the game. He also said ahhh we had a slow starter and a slow middle and after the halfer time, we were a bitter slow. We can picker selves up ander try a bitter quicker next game.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You could tell he didn't want to take the penalty from his body language but nobody stepped up to take the ball from him. Bruno should have taken it.

Bruno.Why?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
As much as like him, I can see the club cashing in and bringing in a more mobile forward man or two.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I hope it's the illness because for whatever reason he never looked like he wanted to be on the pitch today, should never have got near the penalty, his attitude was totally wrong, I would have let PIG have a go before Ulloa, in fact I would have let the head groundman take the penalty before Ulloa today

Yep, all Koosh would have had to do was aim for the top NW corner and he would accidently slice it and scored.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He doesn't meet the ball but waits for the ball to get to him in the 6 yard box, in the meantime a quicker opposition defender has read it and nicked it. I can understand him being wary of tackles but not downright lazy.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Genuine question, do you reckon you'll be able to keep him in the summer? Apart from the playoffs where he was anonymous, I've always been very impressed with him and reckon he could cut it at PL level.

He's your biggest asset by a long way from an outside perspective.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Genuine question, do you reckon you'll be able to keep him in the summer? Apart from the playoffs where he was anonymous, I've always been very impressed with him and reckon he could cut it at PL level.

No him and Buckley will go to Sunderland if Gus is still there.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
No him and Buckley will go to Sunderland if Gus is still there.

Wouldn't they rather go to a Prem club next season if they were to leave?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

The truth? I'd rather have Murray and Barnes again, the duo that never got the chance to play together at this level. Albion fans slated Murray for being lazy, I'd suggest this season's Ulloa is a lot lazier.

I may well be in a BIG minority, quite a few Albion fans really rate him. He drives me nuts with his moaning (often justified but refs don't seem to like him trying to ref the game) and his expectation for things to come to his feet or just drop onto his head without him actually having to fight for the ball, which is a must have at this level IMO.

He has the skills and the size to be immense at this level but isn't actually applying them at the moment IMO.

Last edited:

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
So he missed the penalty because it wasn't one anyway.

(From BBC) Leonardo Ulloa missed the chance to equalise 12 minutes later, blazing over from the penalty spot after George Friend was fouled by Solly March.

This was just repeated a second ago on Sky Sports News by the presenter... :facepalm:

Ulloa is very happy at the club, his family love brighton and have moved to the area, he loves brighton as a city as does his family and he stated brighton is the best place in england of what he has seen.
This come from him when i had a chat with him as pops into my work at times, his english is pretty good now as doing classes, he stated he would not leave at all if down to him but said the club needs to decide but at the moment they are very happy with him and he loves all about brighton.
But on today a lot of players didnt look happy or even interested to work for the club, yes Ulloa did seem a bit different today and indecisive with penalty and overall play but if only just come back from illness id expect this but the rest gee what rubbish.
Andrews by the way please go back to Bolton your USELESS.

Not doubting that Leo comes into your workplace, but he wouldn't tell a random fan that he's unhappy and wants to move. If he were to tell you he was unhappy, it would've already been announced publicly.

Leo is a class, class player - along with Upson way out in front our best player.

But the isolated battering ram role he's been giving this season would demoralise any player. He's been the focus for our more direct play and that generally means he has to spend a lot of the time chasing fightball and getting battered by centre halves every game.

The quality of ball to his feet needs to improve, or we need to take the focus of the opposition defence off him and give him a strike partner to draw some defenders away from him.

At the moment the wide players aren't getting behind opposition defences enough, because we generally use Lingard who seems physically scared to run at defenders and risk contact, while the other wing we have the baffling Buckley, the one-paced Lopez and LuaLua when he's brought off the naughty step for a few minutes each game if he's lucky. All this is recipe for getting the worst out of Leo.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Always rated Ulloa but recently he's been piss poor. ¡El ciclon! more like la pequena brisa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here