Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa to Southampton for £6.5m?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
£10m and 25% sell on or clubs can jog on.

I fear you're going to end up disappointed.

If nothing else, he's 28 next month, so a sell on clause is less likely (they're more commonly used with young players whose value is likely to go up considerably).

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
I was playing football in the playground with my kids yesterday. We were passing the ball round and taking shots. I was giving a running commentary - Greer to Calderon, up to Crofts, etc. Found it very hard to do without accidentally bringing in the name of a released/loaned player. Kept getting bogged down with Stephens passing it to Calderon. Hopefully we'll have some new names to conjure with in a couple of months, but tough at the moment.

Slide tackle your kids, shouting 'and Toko with a crunching tackle'

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I wouldn't put his value as much as two Lamberts personally.........no idea if true but the Saints move sounds like a realistic option, for them and him.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
In all honesty I would take 6.5 million for Ulloa - the money that we have also saved on wages from Orlandi, Lopez and Kooshack, I would suggest we have a sizeable budget for team rebuilding for the new manager.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I fear you're going to end up disappointed.

If nothing else, he's 28 next month, so a sell on clause is less likely (they're more commonly used with young players whose value is likely to go up considerably).

You'll be probably right but It infuriates me seeing so many players leave and clubs making insulting bids. We need to hold out for maxuim money as we need so many players for the new season and if Leo goes then we're left with just CMS. We've been looking for another striker for how long now we'll need another two. Seems like we're on a merry go round and the thing isn't stopping.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You'll be probably right but It infuriates me seeing so many players leave and clubs making insulting bids. We need to hold out for maxuim money as we need so many players for the new season and if Leo goes then we're left with just CMS. We've been looking for another striker for how long now we'll need another two. Seems like we're on a merry go round and the thing isn't stopping.

As has been pointed out on the Walton thread about youngsters, the merry go round will never stop. We just have to do the best business we can, whilst keeping solvent and a decent team.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We do need a replacement lined up and I'd be confident Burke is working on this. Grabban is the obvious one. He is younger and with more potential to improve, plus we would make a big net profit. He allegedly has a £3m buy-out clause.

I would be sad to see Leo go, his finishing has been outstanding but his histrionics are tiresome.

PG

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Can someone remind me how much Palarse payed for Gayle, surely this should be the baseline from which all bids go upwards and surely we need to be a bit more Peterborough like in our approach to selling players?!!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I was playing football in the playground with my kids yesterday. We were passing the ball round and taking shots. I was giving a running commentary - Greer to Calderon, up to Crofts, etc. Found it very hard to do without accidentally bringing in the name of a released/loaned player. Kept getting bogged down with Stephens passing it to Calderon. Hopefully we'll have some new names to conjure with in a couple of months, but tough at the moment.

#championshipproblems

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can someone remind me how much Palarse payed for Gayle, surely this should be the baseline from which all bids go upwards and surely we need to be a bit more Peterborough like in our approach to selling players?!!

I know where you're coming from, but Peterborough are in League One and will remain there. They tend to discover lots of thrilling strikers and midfielders, but their defence is a perennial shambles, hence they're still stuck in the third division. They sell these players on for decent fees (although they paid over a million for Assombalonga in the first place, so he wasn't quite the undiscovered gem) but it's not getting them anywhere.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
As has been pointed out on the Walton thread about youngsters, the merry go round will never stop. We just have to do the best business we can, whilst keeping solvent and a decent team.

I understand that but if these top clubs are going to buy our youngsters then they should be made to pay top money just like Palace make them. My understanding from interviews from Paul Barber and Mr Bloom was that we'll not need to keep buying players and will use youth players as we'll be saving money and more so when the academy is up and running.

No point in selling furtue stars for peanuts then have to spend X amounts on top to replace them.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Slide tackle your kids, shouting 'and Toko with a crunching tackle'

Nice - forgot about Toko...

p00ccqpg.jpg

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Do you not think that we make p*ss take bids for players all the time? The only difference between us and many other clubs is that we seem very tight lipped about the deals we do/don't do. It always seems to be the other club that release the info, never us.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I always find it weird when people say "yeah but club x payed Y amount of millions for player Z".

That has literally no impact.

Different player
Different age
Different ability
different selling club
different buying club
different financial circumstances.

Apart from that it's an EXACT science.

Andy Carroll cost £35m.
That skews every football transfer ever.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Who cares.

Our sriking and goal keeping options look critically thin without being so keen to let Leo go.
It is a big worry isn't it. Lets hope they get someone in for the next game. After all it is over 2 bloody months away!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here